FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season

Stanley Cup win, short summer and next thing you know the Bruins are back playing playoff hockey.
    Too much.
    BUT I LOVED EVERY MINUTE. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season

Fair enough. You were strangely quiet tonight.....lol.

Close series, they can't expect to pull wins out every game 7.

So changes for next year then?If so? What?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Fire Geoff Ward.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I would have liked to see Neil for Thornton but that is a dream.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I"d have been ready for another go into June.  Wasn't to be. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

sadly, not long enough for me....

winning a cup does that to you....

surprised but not shocked....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season:
    [QUOTE]Fair enough. You were strangely quiet tonight.....lol. Close series, they can't expect to pull wins out every game 7. So changes for next year then?If so? What?
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Changes .... Horton was missed . Bruins looked smaller, couldn't penetrate and fight through the Cap players. 
    Big misconception when we think the Bruins can push teams around, very false.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Guys,  think about ,  the season started in October 2010 , then they got a little break in July and August it was back to training. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It was long and the ending is always somewhat merciful.

As for me, I'll be rooting for the Blues, looking forward to the draft, and preparing some really stupid summertime posts about which prospects could use more fish in their diet.

Thanks for the good times again this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

What a roller coaster it's been.  Disappointing end, stinks that it had to come down to one unfortunate play (Pouliot's dump in hitting a player).  That's the way Washington drew it up though.  I really hope we won't see a ton of 1-4 next year.

Reload in the off-season, especially the D, and shoot for 2-in-3.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

And of all the games from October 2010 till tonight 6 out of the 7 games played in this series might have been the worst hockey I've ever watched !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Tough to digest that they are really out. It seemed very few guys really left it on the ice in this series. All credit to the Caps though, that vomitous mass Hunter gave them a perfect game plan. It was a fun ride and I hoped they'd go deeper. I like to think in the off-season they dump Ward though. their PP was a true achilles heel. And why am I not surprised Pouliot fudged the dump in? Oh well, still a lot of hockey to watch. The Stanley Cup is still the best tourney there is.

Cheers to you all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : Changes .... Horton was missed . Bruins looked smaller, couldn't penetrate and fight through the Cap players.  Big misconception when we think the Bruins can push teams around, very false.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Very true Legion. I hope he is ready to go next season. The bottom six will go through some changes as well. Pouliot, Kelly, Paille, Campbell and Kelly are all up for new contracts. PC will have to decide who is worth keeping. None of them were particularly relevent on a consistent basis against the Caps. Plus, the PP needs some major revamping. Tonight especially it was evident they need to have one to succeed. Then there is the Rask/TT issue. Tuuka is up for a new contract which might be an expensive one if they wish to keep him long term. Then, Lucic, Marchand, and Seguin are due at the end of next year.....etc, etc.

could be a very interesting offseason.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : Very true Legion. I hope he is ready to go next season. The bottom six will go through some changes as well. Pouliot, Kelly, Paille, Campbell and Kelly are all up for new contracts. PC will have to decide who is worth keeping. None of them were particularly relevent on a consistent basis against the Caps. Plus, the PP needs some major revamping. Tonight especially it was evident they need to have one to succeed. Then there is the Rask/TT issue. Tuuka is up for a new contract which might be an expensive one if they wish to keep him long term. Then, Lucic, Marchand, and Seguin are due at the end of next year.....etc, etc. could be a very interesting offseason.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Bruins were and played small.  Need to get faster and bigger, big fast.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Depressing. That's all I can say right now. I really thought they could pull it out tonight. In the playoffs, you have to get a few bounces, and tonight, they ran out of them, and the Caps got one. One small mistake cost them, just as it cost the Caps the game before.

This will sting for a bit, but hopefully, with the young guys they have, and their prospects, and maybe a another trade or two, they'll have another Cup contender next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : Bruins were and played small.  Need to get faster and bigger, big fast.

I completely agree. I have been saying all series that the B's need to get in the dirty areas and fight for the puck rather than stay on the perimeter. My attitude is to let all those with expired contracts go and build the bottom 6 for just such a game, those willing to fight the opposing D for the puck without compromise. That is my dream anyway.

By the way, hats off to Seguin who spent more time in front of the net the last 3 games than any other Bruin. Who would have thought. Also, someone should tell Lucic he is not the second coming of Adam Oates and should actually throw his body around rather than go for the blind pass all the time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : Bruins were and played small.  Need to get faster and bigger, big fast.

A far cry from the bully boys of Nov/Dec when they caused teams (i.e. Buffalo) to respond to something they did to them. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : A far cry from the bully boys of Nov/Dec when they caused teams (i.e. Buffalo) to respond to something they did to them. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

RHO, you're right. But that team had Horton.

That team will be back! I can feel it already. So can Nathan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : A far cry from the bully boys of Nov/Dec when they caused teams (i.e. Buffalo) to respond to something they did to them. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Man, that stretch was awesome. One media critic (can't remember who) called that one of the best teams in NHL history for that period of time. I remember watching those game knowing they were going to win by 2 or 3 goals. What the hell happened? It was not just Horton because he was not himself all season.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"I guess that's why this stings a bit more.  I'm asking myself the same question. What happened to THAT team? "

That is the $64,000 question. That was the best stretch of hockey I've seen by this team in my life. It really underscores how differently the regular season and the playoffs are.  They really let the Caps dictate the series. They Out-Bostoned Boston.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : I guess that's why this stings a bit more.  I'm asking myself the same question. What happened to THAT team?  And I'm not buying into the "missing Horton" theory.  Were the Caps that tough?  Or did the Bs just lose the fighting instinct?
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Good questions Ipot. Another would be did the B's just overachieve last year? My answer to this is no because of their ridiculously terrific run in November and December. It was probably a mixture of injuries (we all know who), the League cracking down on the B's alleged rough play mid-season which created doubt in the players minds, and some weariness on a long stretch run last year. Plus, the role players did not contribute as much as expected. Just a myriad of circumstances.

I expect we will see a very different team come next season. There is much to prove for a number of players.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]"I guess that's why this stings a bit more.  I'm asking myself the same question. What happened to THAT team? " That is the $64,000 question. That was the best stretch of hockey I've seen by this team in my life. It really underscores how differently the regular season and the playoffs are.  They really let the Caps dictate the series. They Out-Bostoned Boston.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Intersting point. It seemed that by January the Bruins appeared to be playing down to their opponents level which cost them more than a few games. This is what I saw with the Caps. They play a certain way, and the B's (rather than playing their own game) seemed to oblige. Hence the series we saw. Toughness and relentless forecheck out the window and 1-4-1 for all. Hard to watch.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts