Fingers crossed for Chara!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Fingers crossed for Chara!

Hopefully the news isn't too bad. Looked like a knee twist. They can't afford to lose him for any extended period of time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Fingers crossed for Chara!

been saying all year we need a horse to support him.  we have avoided injury for a while.  lets hope its minor.  hes the league mvp in my eyes. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Fingers crossed for Chara!:
    [QUOTE]been saying all year we need a horse to support him.  we have avoided injury for a while.  lets hope its minor.  hes the league mvp in my eyes. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Mine too Shupe. Time to see the rest of the D step up. I hope tonight won't be indictative of what they'll look like without him. Lots of wierd decisions with the puck. Ference and McQuaid were both fighting the puck tonight but have been solid overall this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fingers crossed for Chara! : Mine too Shupe. Time to see the rest of the D step up. I hope tonight won't be indictative of what they'll look like without him. Lots of wierd decisions with the puck. Ference and McQuaid were both fighting the puck tonight but have been solid overall this year.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I hear you Dez, I have grown to just taking it for granted that Chara will be back there to bail everyone out & clear the zone. Felt weird not seeing # 33 out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fingers crossed for Chara! : I hear you Dez, I have grown to just taking it for granted that Chara will be back there to bail everyone out & clear the zone. Felt weird not seeing # 33 out there.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    Shupe was right. Zee is as valuable as any player in the league. Playing without him really shows it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ference, McQuaid and Siedenberg's minutes just went way up. Heck yah my fingers are crossed. I've seen 5 Providence Bruins games this year Ba Rutal on defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Even if he deserves the league mvp you know he won't get it because he doesn't even win the norris when he deserves it. The norris has turned into the nick lidstrom career achievment award. Was disgusting to see lidstrom win it last year when he was a minus player as a defenseman. Reminded me of everyone of derek jeters gold glove awards in baseball never deserved them but given to him just because of his name.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

'step up" time for sure. hope for the best... plan for the worst.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

With the current health of the team, if they feel they'd be risking anything by playing him, they should sit him. It's too early in the season to do something stupid to screw up the rest of the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]been saying all year we need a horse to support him.  we have avoided injury for a while.  lets hope its minor.  hes the league mvp in my eyes. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Good he's ok, but for league mvp he runs a close second to TT.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]With the current health of the team, if they feel they'd be risking anything by playing him, they should sit him. It's too early in the season to do something stupid to screw up the rest of the season.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

I agree, take the slow easy route to bring him back. With his hieght and weight those needs need to be protected as much as possible.

Maybe its time to look into that #2 defenseman that this team hasn't been able to acquire for the last 5 years. Someone solid in all 3 zones who can log #1 or #2 type minutes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Already mention Chara is walking with out noticeable discomfort, also he went off the ice on his own and Chara is in great shape. Lets see what the Bruins can do with Kampfer time for the Kid to show up. Three days to practice w/o Chara. At least Corvo got out of his rut and score 2 important goals.

Sieds Corvo
    Ference Boychuk
    Kampfer Mcquaid
    ?

Bergy will be the point man on the 1st PP with Boychuk
    Second PP Ference and Corvo( time for Corvo to be the point with the shot which he showed the other night. Sieds may be the PP but i rather see him  concentrate on PK

My concern will be the d zone puck movement and transition. Krejci Bergy Kelly Campbell will need to help big in the PK situation. Chara and Paille 2 main PK players.

If Chara is out temporarily this will be the time for the d men to play w/o their babysitter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't see any need to chase a big-name D even if Chara's out a month.  The same argument about having to pay through the nose and delete a player from elsewhere in the core applies, so it's kind of a lateral move at best.  The only thing that would change this is a huge losing streak with the D running around like keystone cops.

I'm not overly concerned when I look at the pairings in Chara's absence.  One of the things that's always stuck with me is the importance of the structure.  These guys are not, on their own, great players, but they play much much better in a structure that provides stability.  Even the Providence guys may look better in the NHL than in the AHL where players are still learning and not everyone is NHL talent.  I think Seidenberg and Boychuk, Ference and McQuaid, are the top two pairs with Corvo riding with Kampfer.  Makes Corvo play the big brother role and make more conservative decisions - probably good for him to do - and he'd rotate up at times so he'll see more minutes than he would as a pure 3rd pairing guy.

They won't be as good without Chara, but they're still plenty good enough to win games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Bruins are good defensively. This will just make the team better. I do hope its not bad though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Sometimes your more valuable in your abcesnce then you are in your presence!
    This will be one of those cases!

Caron and Kampfer for Pietrangalo