Fire All Coaches

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fire All Coaches

This isn't a knee jerk reaction.

Everyone knows the assistants are awful.  I'm putting Julien in the pot with them.  A one goal divisional game.  1:20 left in the third.  He puts Shawn Thornton on the ice.

This absurdity was preceeded by putting Jaromir Jagr out there with Campbell and Paille for 5/6th of the game.

I've had enough.  NHL coaches have a shelf life.  This team is full of skill.  The motivation and execution are missing.

Thornton on the ice with 1:20 left.  What a joke.

What a joke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Fire All Coaches

Hmmm....I concur (at least for tonight).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Everyone knows the assistants are awful.  I'm putting Julien in the pot with them.  A one goal divisional game.  1:20 left in the third.  He puts Shawn Thornton on the ice.

This absurdity was preceeded by putting Jaromir Jagr out there with Campbell and Paille for 5/6th of the game.

I've had enough.  NHL coaches have a shelf life.  This team is full of skill.  The motivation and execution are missing.

What a joke.

Like I said in the game thread. Why, with 10 seconds left in the game, and the puck down low, why arent the pointmen storming the net??? This is stuff you learn in youth hockey. in fact, they had nobody in front of the net for basically the whole power play. that is an absolute disgrace.
    Geoff Ward has to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'm still trying to convince myself it wasn't a hallucination.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

I'm still trying to convince myself it wasn't a hallucination.

Me too...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

What a joke.

I been on the fence on this the last week or so but man-o-man do i agree with you there. UGLY!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Seriously, what was the strategy on that 6 on 4 tonight?

Maybe a time out and white board out a thought or 2?

Sure didn't look like anything was thought out at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

A nightmare, that's all...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

Me too...

The whole thing is so surreal I don't even feel that upset about the loss.  That's a silver lining, I suppose.

I think I might wake up in a different mood, though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Totally agree................. Julien can't seem to motivate this team anymore.

Tonights game could've been had with strog forcheck and constant physical play on the Montreal defense, they were playing with five defensemen most of the game.

They had a chance to tie the game late on the powerplay but did not even get one shot on goal.

Julien and the entire coaching staff got out coached and let Montreal dictate the type of game played.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I love the NESN promos with PC talking about bringing in Jagr's skill and scoring ability; cut to him cycling by himself then a pass to Paille, who promptly turns it over, then another puck battle win and pass to Campbell who rewards Jagr's puck possession by aimlessly chipping the puck forward to Subban.

awesome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Six weeks of crap.  Time to flush.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It doesn't look like they're being coached at all.  I don't see anything clicking at all.

What didn't he like about Seguin playing center?

OK, so Seguin is a problem at center.

So Peverly - who's been playing awful - gets 'rewarded' by going to the 2nd line.

No 'punishment' for Seguin.

Jagr who has been playing well gets demoted to 3rd line.

Explain this to me.  I'm open minded.  Make sense of this to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

We overreact here and that's part of the fun.  However it's clear that there is something that is just not right with this team.  There is absolutely no fight in them right now, and that is, and always has been the trademark of Bruins hockey.  Where is the snarl?  They look disinterested in engaging and taking what should be theirs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Lindy Ruff anyone ? My take on this... The team has tuned CJ out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

It doesn't look like they're being coached at all.  I don't see anything clicking at all.

So Peverly - who's been playing awful - gets 'rewarded' by going to the 2nd line.

And someone tell me what was wrong with Seguin at center.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

Never a big fan of Julien. All these coaches were ONE goal away of being fired in 2011, Horton scores the winner and saves their as*es. Julien looks like Dumbo the Clown behind the bench.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

And someone tell me what was wrong with Seguin at center.

Maybe you haven't noticed this guy has been nowhere to be found lately, and contributing nothing.... same with his buddy Marchand.. This guy needs to take over a game for the Bruins and be a difference maker, yet all I see from him is an unwillingness to engage, and get rid of the puck as soon as it hits his stick, hurry passes etc etc etc.... I am beginning to wonder if this kid will ever amount to the player everyone thinks he can become...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

Never a big fan of Julien. All these coaches were ONE goal away of being fired in 2011, Horton scores the winner and saves their as*es. Julien looks like Dumbo the Clown behind the bench.

Judging from your history, you're not a fan of anyone.  You just like to whine and cry.  Why should we take you seriously? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Perhaps the best player on this team is not easily replaceable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

We overreact here and that's part of the fun.  However it's clear that there is something that is just not right with this team.  There is absolutely no fight in them right now, and that is, and always has been the trademark of Bruins hockey.  Where is the snarl?  They look disinterested in engaging and taking what should be theirs.

Dont think anyone is overreacting Hangnail. This has been going on since the start of the season. Even when they were winning this team has been playing a dis-interested brand of hockey. They dont buy into the whole Claude system, and to be honest, I never thought they have. They had a goalie in Thomas who stood on his head for the last 3 seasons.

The so-called "experts" say Claude's system is what makes the Bruins a winning team. Sure, he won a Cup but it was not his "system" it was a goalie who played the role of Superman. Their defensive play was not that good in the playoffs. They should of lost the Montreal series 4-1.

There is no doubt that this team is filled with talented young skilled guys, but guess what? You will never see guys like Krejci, Bergeron, or Seguin be point per game players or even potential game-breakers because the "system" doesnt allow them to showcase there skills.

Its tough to get a rythm when your taking 20-30 sec shifts. You need consistent ice time through a game to develop more scoring chances. Look at teams like PITT, LA, VAN, CHI, they all play their skill guys in all situations. There is no "Lets put the 4th/3rd line out there for last 45sec of a powerplay so we can defend when it goes back to even strength".

The whole system they have established here is broken. Teams are going to run circles around this team come playoff time. You cannot stop talent, only contain it. Eventually, TALENT>CJ SYSTEM.

Side note: Campbell had 19min TOI vs Seguin 16min TOI and Marchand 15min TOI. Perfect example of not having your best players on the ice.

People that have wondered why NJ fired Julien? Well, there you have it. Elias and Parise had nights they played 15-16min? LOL!

They dont need new lines, they need a new philosophy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BlueChip99's comment:

Perhaps the best player on this team is not easily replaceable.

Did somebody state something to the contrary? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

What a joke.

Don;t usually agree with much you have to say,but i think this team is sick of him,every game they come out flat,his 4 line crap,and having Thornton out there at end of game,and putting Jagr on that line,his time has come.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Despite the 52 points, 4th in the conference and only 3 points behinde Montreal (with one more game to play),  something is really wrong with this team. 

The talent is there but the effort is not, and it's the coaching staffs resposibility to motivate the team. Julien has lost this team and I agree that the Bruins need an entire new coaching staff.

If Chiarelli does not pull the trigger now 4 weeks before the playoffs, I think he will fire Julien in the offseason.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

Despite the 52 points, 4th in the conference and only 3 points behinde Montreal (with one more game to play),  something is really wrong with this team. 

The talent is there but the effort is not, and it's the coaching staffs resposibility to motivate the team. Julien has lost this team and I agree that the Bruins need an entire new coaching staff.

If Chiarelli does not pull the trigger now 4 weeks before the playoffs, I think he will fire Julien in the offseason.

Yeah there is no chance that Julian gets fired