Fire All Coaches

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Fire All Coaches

Lamoriello's quote after he fired Julien the last week of the season while in 1st place...

"I don't think we're at a point of being ready both mentally and [physically] to play the way that is necessary going into the playoffs," Lamoriello said outside an empty Devils locker room at the Continental Airlines Arena. "I am not saying that is going to change. But I think there has to be better focus going forward."

Hmm, sounds familiar.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Don't usually agree with much you have to say,but i think this team is sick of him,every game they come out flat,his 4 line crap,and having Thornton out there at end of game,and putting Jagr on that line,his time has come.

A lot of people start their posts this way.  It cracks me up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In a 1-1 or 2-1 game it comes down to coaching and this game for the Bruins had none.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Krejci had Jagr's poster on his wall, his boyhood hero, Hell they played together on the Czech National team, yea no sense trying those guys together - that would never work.

Ok. Julien doesn't believe in such magic.

What did he believe tonight? That Jagr would breathe some kinda scoring magic into Campbell or Paille? That a checking winger's role is the best use of Jaromir Jagr?  

If Peverley absolutely had to take over for Seguin (he didn't) why couldn't Jagr replace Horton on the Lucic/Krejci line? Even if only just to see? Horton would've understood, everyone would've understood that one; Jagr just got here, Julien's let him have a cup of coffee with Seguin/Marchand, now he wants to see what he can do with Krejci/Lucic.  

But no. Claude wants to see what Jagr can do with Campbell/Paille?

It's Claude's willful (or not?) incuriousness that infuriates.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Heres what i said to my son as we watched a lifeless game from the bruins, I dont get it, ottawa loses spezza, Karlson, makalek, anderson and they play like pros with the kids up from the farm team and were missing bergeron and they play like that ?

Marchand gives trhe puck away in the offensive zone then skates to the bench after  30 second shif. Is he sick ? (if so whys he playing )

Lucic is not lucic. Putting jagr on that 3rd line is a disgrace ( anyone notice Jagr shaking his head ) ?

NAS your right about thornton on late in the game, its OMG time. I said to my son, they dont want 2nd seed in the east because they dont want the rangers in rd 1. I know too early to say it but ?????? Did anyone notice that when they had the puck in the MTL zone it was 4  players on the Bs players with possession of the puck, so much space available on the other side duhhhhhhhhh, but cant get the puck there because no Bs were there.

The power play is just the same as its been for how many years ? 3 or 4 ? and yet they do nothing to improve it because the coaches havent a clue because all they try and teach is defense.

You mention seguin, this kids already got a cup so why would he bother being the player he was drafted to be.

Am i P()()()ed, yes very much so. Too many mistakes too many giveaways and too much lead in the skates and playing with sticks without blades.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good stuff, Wally.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I didn't see the game but before coming over to the discussion board I read "Very little presence for Bruins in first period" from Fluto - no doubt in part to producing just 5 shots while the Habs go up 1-0.  Discouraging to read in a game of such importance and especially vs Montreal. 

I've read the posts in this thread that generally agree the Bruins didn't appear ready to hit it from the get-go - something that seems to be frequent with the Bruins over the last while.  If there are echoes of NJ lurking it's on Julien.  I'll  be interested to read/hear Julien's rationale in having enforcer Thornton on the ice during the final moments.  Must've been a hell of a bizarre sight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Heres what i said to my son as we watched a lifeless game from the bruins, I dont get it, ottawa loses spezza, Karlson, makalek, anderson and they play like pros with the kids up from the farm team and were missing bergeron and they play like that ?

This says it all, Wally.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

This says it all, Wally.

What do you think, NAS?  Echoes of NJ have crept in? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

This says it all, Wally.

What do you think, NAS?  Echoes of NJ have crept in? 

I better wake up tomorrow to headlines that read: "Julien's Tenure Over In Bean-Town", "With Lost of Identity Bruins Fire Claude Julien", "Tough Stretch Costs Julien Job", "Train Stops Here, Claude Julien Fired"

However, that will never happen. We have a GM that's very "trigger-shy" so to speak. Afraid to make a drastic move.

I have always believed in two things: 1) Never be afraid to make a mistake, 2) Never be afraid to be wrong. You are never going to always make the right decision but just because you DONT make one doesnt mean its the RIGHT thing to do either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZefBruin. Show ZefBruin's posts

Very frustrating. A lack of PP success, anywhere else, for so long, would've resulted in coaching changes and much sooner. It has been a disgrace for far too long. If Julien won't make a change then it's time to fire him, too. I kept wondering why Jagr was on the ice with Paille and Campbell. WTF? And Thorton being on the ice with just over a minute left. It was maddening. Clearly, The B's can do better. Chiarelli, we expect better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

I'm convinced. Fire all the coaching staff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Coach said he went w/Peverley's experience at center to help D-zone coverage & Jagr w/Paille & Campbell helped stabilize 3 lines for B's^CS"

The muck n grind dance LoL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:

I better wake up tomorrow to headlines that read: "Julien's Tenure Over In Bean-Town", "With Lost of Identity Bruins Fire Claude Julien", "Tough Stretch Costs Julien Job", "Train Stops Here, Claude Julien Fired"

However, that will never happen. We have a GM that's very "trigger-shy" so to speak. Afraid to make a drastic move.

I have always believed in two things: 1) Never be afraid to make a mistake, 2) Never be afraid to be wrong. You are never going to make the right decision but just because you DONT make one doesnt mean its the RIGHT thing to do either.

superj, we know it's not unprecedented with Julien but somehow unlikely.  Perhaps if the Bruins were to sink like a stone out of the playoff seeding or are meekly eliminated come playoff time after displaying efforts like the one I'm reading about you might get your wish.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

This is nothing new. It has been the same old story ever since Claude Julien replaced Dave Lewis: he's trying to become the first NHL coach whose team wins games without scoring any goals at all.

CJ has just been ranked tied at fourth in the "8 debate" on nhl.com, and the Bruins won a Stanley Cup with him. His "defense-first-second-third-and-last" approach has been partially responsible for the B's becoming contenders after they had been brutal under Lewis.

But Julien has no idea how to create offense (though his unbelievable stubbornness can be offensive most of the time), and he will always choose the conservative option if there is one ("Whitfield or Marchand?" 2010 playoffs) and stick with the Pandolfos and Thorntons. Plus he has carried his buddy Geoff Ward, whose incompetence is mind-boggling, on his coaching staff, just as he refused to demote his "teacher's pet" Michael Ryder when the enigmatic winger was mailing it in for most of his games in black and gold (and unlike Ryder, Ward will not surprise us in the 2013 playoffs).

The Bruins' 2011 playoff run was a cliffhanger against the Shabs, sweet revenge against Philly, another cliffhanger against TB (gotta give the coaching staff credit here for handling TB's 1-3-1) and finally the realization that the Cannots just couldn't compete with them (and let's not forget a certain unconventional goaltender at the peak of his powers). But it could have ended in OT of game 7 in the first round, just like last year, quite easily. The Bruins were good in 2011, but they were lucky as well.

The bad news is that Julien is under contract for at least a couple more seasons, and, true to the old Bruins tradition established under Harry Sinden, he and his assistant coaches will not be fired unless the team doesn't make the playoffs (come on, guys - let's not be so greedy - we had our cup in 2011 - do you really think you cannot wait another 39 years?).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

As long as we will play with Pandolfo, Thornton and Peverley we are done ....sorry to say that but Pandolfo and Thornton could not crack the line up in any other NHL. Teams...

Look at Montreal they took a gamble on the youth with Gallegher, Galchenyuk, they could have kept oldies like Darche and Gomez but they went with their young players ....Thornton did a lot for the Bruins but it is realy time to turn the page ...put him on waiver ..not a single team will claim him believe me ...ditto,for,Pandolfo .....can someone on this board explain me why a team like the Boston Bruins keep those two stooges in the line up ?????    PEV is an another story ...the flying mosquito  skates fast but he stays in perimeter ...never ever goes to the net ....that explains why the Bruins  struggle right now ..how can you score goals if u cant never get a little help from 3 of your regular players ..those 3 stooges have a total combined of 7 goals .....no kidding the season is almost over and the 3 stooges have scored 7 goals all together .....how the hell did we end up with a player like Panolfo .....this is a terrible mistake.....its a nightmare for me ....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

It really is starting to look like a dead fish, floating in the water.  For the first time I'm actually shocked that the the Bs record is 24-9.  I'm really at a loss at how on earth they managed to get this far.   

ipot, I think beating the teams the Bruins were supposed to beat (eg. NYI, Canes, Toronto, Jets, TB, Panthers, Ottawa minus Karlsson, Spezza, Anderson) helped propel them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Name me GM tomorrow and I swear PPT ARE OUT ..Pev, Pand and Thor

replaced by Spooner , Caron and Tardif 

I know Caron hasnt been great but he deserve another chance ...Spooner and Tardif cannot be worst than Pandolfo and Thornton ....IMPOSSIBLE probably the 2 worst player in the NHL right now .....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Looch- Krejci- Horton

Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr

Seguin-Kelly-Paille

the kid line Tardi-Spooner-Caron

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

It really is starting to look like a dead fish, floating in the water.  For the first time I'm actually shocked that the the Bs record is 24-9.  I'm really at a loss at how on earth they managed to get this far.   

ipot, I think beating the teams the Bruins were supposed to beat (eg. NYI, Canes, Toronto, Jets, TB, Panthers, Ottawa minus Karlsson, Spezza, Anderson) helped propel them.

This is what I'm talking about.  You think this team can compete 7 games with the Habs or Pens? And FWIW, the last few matchups against the Leafs and Sens have gotten tighteN

If Bergeron-Kelly and McQuaid return on time dor the payoffs and if CJ scratch Pandolfo and Thorton ...the Bruins can do some damages...believe me

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

[QUOTE]

This is what I'm talking about.  You think this team can compete 7 games with the Habs or Pens? And FWIW, the last few matchups against the Leafs and Sens have gotten tighteN

If Bergeron-Kelly and McQuaid return on time dor the payoffs and if CJ scratch Pandolfo and Thorton ...the Bruins can do some damages...believe me

Not with coach CJ and an abysmal power play. Teams know they can take liberties against the Bruins, because the B's simply cannot score on the man advantage.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This is what I'm talking about.  You think this team can compete 7 games with the Habs or Pens? And FWIW, the last few matchups against the Leafs and Sens have gotten tighter.  

Clod hasn't woken up to the fact that his system over time WILL be figured out.  And opponents will eventually find the ways to beat this team = crash the net with speed and Class A snipers + don't worry so much about the Bs "grind it" offense because they don't move enough and are so easily poke checked - Pens and Habs and Sabres do this and it works EVERY time.

ipot, I think we're left to conclude that rompin' stompin' game vs the Caps weeks ago when the Bruins played as if every Washington player had a bulls eye on his jersey was an aberration. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Funny  ( not in a humerous way either), that when I saw Jagr playing with Campell and Pallie, my thought was instantanous, fire CJ ! 

I didn't think any more about that thought. I've wanted Ward gone for awhile now, but if this team ( and I use the word team losely ), is to o any farther, they need someone to guide this ship. Someone mentioned CJ punishes his players . I believe that. And that's not how to get a team to play together.

If they actually did ( i don't think it will happen), then they better do t NOW. If they come out and suck next game and give up the puck like they have for the past what ever games, then PC is to be held accountable.