First Coach Fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: First Coach Fired

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

They need MOC LoL

Lol, poor MOC he'll always be a punchline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

They should have fired Holmgren and hired Burke .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think Laviolette is a good coach and doesn't get enough credit for coming back against the Bruins in that infamous series a few years ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

They should have fired Holmgren and hired our Stanley.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

What does it say about your organization/GM when you go all the way through the off-season, entire training camp and pre-season schedule and fire your coach after 3 games? 

Laviolette is a good coach.  He'll land somewhere soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

In response to marco0863's comment:

They should have fired Holmgren and hired our Stanley.

Good one got a laugh with that one but no way Stanley would have accepted it just a matter of days before he gets chia job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I think Laviolette is a good coach and doesn't get enough credit for coming back against the Bruins in that infamous series a few years ago.

Look at this I do agree laviolette is a good coach. I was surprisedthat they fired him  then again holmgren provides no shortages of surprises

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

They fired the wrong guy, Holmgren should've been the one fired. He is laughable as a GM. 

Some of his moves (trading Carter, Richards, signing Bryzgaolov) have been questionable. Who knows how much input the coach had in them.  The dumping of Laviolette this early makes me think his dismissal somehow had its seeds planted prior to the start of the season. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Holmgren blows up the core that came back from an 0-3 hole and went to a Stanley Cup Final, then proceeds to solve his historic goaltending problem by throwing 60+ million dollars at a guy who gave up goals from every corner of the rink for 2 straight putrid Stanley Cup playoffs, and is shocked when said goalie is horrific in the playoffs?  And then solves that goaltending problem with a washout from Columbus and Blackhawks' backup?  And the Coach gets fired????

Just horrible. Worst GM in the business right now. Where is the owner while this foolishness is going on?  I like Philly and this is just embarrassing for them.

I think Barry Melrose got more than 3 games, didnt he?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

What does it say about your organization/GM when you go all the way through the off-season, entire training camp and pre-season schedule and fire your coach after 3 games? 

Yep take the rest of the year off then help Bylsma coach the US to GOLD!

#LuongInNetforCanadaYah!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

They fired the wrong guy, Holmgren should've been the one fired. He is laughable as a GM. 

Some of his moves (trading Carter, Richards, signing Bryzgaolov) have been questionable. Who knows how much input the coach had in them.  The dumping of Laviolette this early makes me think his dismissal somehow had its seeds planted prior to the start of the season. 

I agree that it seems this scalping came from above Holmgren (Snider). But Holmgren has made countless bad moves just too many to mention and he has to own them regardless he's the GM. As for good moves the only one off the top of my head was acquiring Coburn for Zhitnik, that was thievery.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Holmgren's news conference was on TSN.ca.  This has, he said, been coming for a while.  Would have happened last year, but they didn't think it was fair to gun Laviolette in a year where they don't have a training camp, the season's short, the team is injured.  Right from the start of this year's camp, "Homer" said he saw the same issues - and San, he did his best MOC imitation and said "we are not a team". 

In the next breath, he then said he went out and got some exciting new additions.  Didn't seem to occur to him that if you're constantly shuffling the deck, you're never concentrating on building a team - just collecting hockey cards.

Snider was funny.  I want to call him Dee, now.  "Do you worry that hiring Berube is too insular for a team and a culture that hasn't won in 35 years?"  Snider: "No.  We don't need a culture change.  Our culture is to try to win the Stanley Cup, but there's 30 teams with that goal."  "This franchise has hired 11 coaches in 20 years, most turnover in the league.  Why?"  Snider: "What's your point?"

He wasn't going to take it.  No, he ain't gonna take it.  Snider ain't gonna take it, anymooooooorre.

Are you not entertained?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like how Dee Snyder Sr. also said this was the worst training camp he had ever seen. (??).  What a slam at Laviolette and pretty much everyone else in the organization.  

What was he expecting with the 52-card pickup brand of roster building they've been using?  

This mess starts at the top.  Even if you're going to fire the coach and pass the buck, you could at least have the decency to not sit there smugly at the press conference and pretend that all of your best laid plans were somehow ruined by others.  I don't see Holmgren or Dee Sr. accepting any part of the blame, which is, of course, insane.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

GMs that have rich owners tend to hang around longer. Holmgren would have been gone already if he were in a small market. Mistake after mistake he gets away with.

Betcha Hartnell is the 1st salary to go from Philly. He would be a great pick up for a fringe 9th or 10th place team.

PS. Rick Pitino places a call to Holmgren  "Chris Pronger ain't coming walkin through that door!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Yep take the rest of the year off then help Bylsma coach the US to GOLD!

#LuongInNetforCanadaYah!

#hehasagoldmedal

#shortmemory

#canadaisthebestandalwayswillbe

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

#ThatwasLuongobeforethe2011SCF

#NowLoungoStinks

This picture of what are supposed to be Team Canada's jerseys for Sochi 2014 was posted on Reddit Hockey Sept. 24 with the comment, "These just came in."

I really like the black one. See Canada doesn't have some bozo attorney from New York deciding on the jerseys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

#NowLoungoStinks

This picture of what are supposed to be Team Canada's jerseys for Sochi 2014 was posted on Reddit Hockey Sept. 24 with the comment, "These just came in."

I really like the black one. See Canada doesn't have some bozo attorney from New York deciding on the jerseys.

#canadasteamwillbebetterthenin2010

#pricewillbethestarter

#whosgonnascoreforyou

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

#NowLoungoStinks

#pricewillbethestarter

#whosgonnascoreforyou

#didntwehearthisbefore?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

#NowLoungoStinks

#pricewillbethestarter

#whosgonnascoreforyou

#didntwehearthisbefore?

#youheardo'canadainthegoldmedalgame

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

LoL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Haha. Touche.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

LoL

How the heck does book use hash tag.  It would be a 400 word hash.   Lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

#Inhalesnitrosbeforeposting

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I just don't understand Holmgren. Worst GM in hockey, arguably in sports. He had a team that seeded 7th (and went to the finals), and the 2 following years seeded 2nd and 5th, and he blows up the roster.

The sweep by Boston was just waiting to happen. It wasn't a major mismatch talent wise, just that Boston was on a mission in that series.

Simmonds, Voracek, and Couturier are all solid young players, but they're not Richards or Carter.

Briere was injury prone, but he's still a solid player. Surprised they let him walk.

It just felt like they took all those steps forward from 2008-2011, and then took it all away to rebuild and get younger? For what? You had all those players coming into their prime, you dope.

Oh yeah, let's not forget Bobrovski leaving and turning into a monster.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

I just don't understand Holmgren. Worst GM in hockey, arguably in sports. He had a team that seeded 7th (and went to the finals), and the 2 following years seeded 2nd and 5th, and he blows up the roster.

The sweep by Boston was just waiting to happen. It wasn't a major mismatch talent wise, just that Boston was on a mission in that series.

Simmonds, Voracek, and Couturier are all solid young players, but they're not Richards or Carter.

Briere was injury prone, but he's still a solid player. Surprised they let him walk.

It just felt like they took all those steps forward from 2008-2011, and then took it all away to rebuild and get younger? For what? You had all those players coming into their prime, you dope.

Oh yeah, let's not forget Bobrovski leaving and turning into a monster.

Put that in a #hashtag. #comeon 

Sections
Shortcuts