First in the league

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

First in the league

Not a bad run at all, I know the goal is always the Cup, but you have to be pretty pleased when you look at the League standings. We'll see how long it lasts (a loss today would pop them down into second again) but I figure you may as well enjoy it when it happens.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: First in the league

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not a bad run at all, I know the goal is always the Cup, but you have to be pretty pleased when you look at the League standings. We'll see how long it lasts (a loss today would pop them down into second again) but I figure you may as well enjoy it when it happens.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly what i posted on the winning streak thread, red. I'm enjoying that it's unexpected and it's the Bruins doing it. We knew they'd be a top-tier team but 11 straight and counting? Didn't see it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

And St Louis just got  beat! Enjoy the ride, we're on a beauty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Team           GP   W      L    OT   PTS   ROW   L10         Streak
    1.Boston     70    48    17    5    101    46     10-0-0    Won 11
    2.St. Louis   70   47    16    7    101    39       7-2-1    Lost 2
    3.San Jose   71  46    18     7     99     36       8-1-1    Won 1

#1 Just got a love it.

The Bruins' win streak is the longest since a 13-game run in the 1970-71 season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

101 pts each , means the ROW  comes in to play, see above  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Cup or bust, of course, but it's great when they win all the damn time.

If they get knocked out in the first or second round, it will be an upset, but I won't be upset by it.  This has been one heck of a successful and fun season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sort of a miniature version of "the streak in the context of the ultimate goal" in last night's game.  410+ minutes without trailing at any point.  Almost 7 full games.  OEL's goal ended that streak, but the winning streak continues.  One is fun, but the other matters more.

This team is really, really good at the one game at a time thing.  If the streak ends, it ends.  The next game, they'll go out and go for the win in exactly the same fashion as if it had continued.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Nice seeing some adversity overcome last night, and will be good to see how they react to a loss. Time to give some guys some rest, too. I love watching this team. Someone new steps up every night. Becoming a fanboy of Miller, and Hamilton paired with Chars doesn't bother me nearly as much as it did a few months ago. Sweet!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I've been anticipating "a game" where the Bs just look tired and are getting beat to loose pucks or they are in cruise control conserving energy for the playoffs.

It is isn't happening. They want every game!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I've been anticipating "a game" where the Bs just look tired and are getting beat to loose pucks or they are in cruise control conserving energy for the playoffs.

Very true.

To me, it seems, with the playoffs on the horizon, they are getting back that "bad-taste-in-the-mouth" from game six in the last year's Final, and they want to put both hands around the neck of that feeling and choke it to death.

They are taking that attitude into every game, and they won't let go until.....

They probably feel like I do about last year; they had it and they let it get away. Not this year, however.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cup or bust, of course, but it's great when they win all the damn time.

If they get knocked out in the first or second round, it will be an upset, but I won't be upset by it.  This has been one heck of a successful and fun season.

[/QUOTE]

Really! Love the season the Bruins are having, where my Briun hat and shirts like a proud peacock, but if they go out in the first round I will be very upset,and really pissd,will still love them but yeah I'm gonna be upset,this is a team built for the cup,I'm sure if they finish first over all then go out early do you think the players will be happy they got the Presidents trophy,ask the Canuck players how they feel.Not to diminish the season there having this winning streak is incredible,but I want to see the big winning streak in the playoffs 16-0 would be nice.Sorry cup or bust,hey use want to call me the turn coat or traiter,whatever,but this traiter wants to be at the parade again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very true.

To me, it seems, with the playoffs on the horizon, they are getting back that "bad-taste-in-the-mouth" from game six in the last year's Final, and they want to put both hands around the neck of that feeling and choke it to death.

They are taking that attitude into every game, and they won't let go until.....

They probably feel like I do about last year; they had it and they let it get away. Not this year, however.

[/QUOTE]

I sure hope you're right. It seems they may have reached a new level in their play. I expect  they'll come back to earth soon, but this is sure fun. ENJOY,

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its beyond me how a true fan can say that if we lose in first or second round he  won't be upset by it. Thats nit a real hard passionate fan... can't relate to that.  Better believe it that if we lose especially in first rd the year is a bust. . The reg season is not where  it counts . Any real fan Will tell you that.  No wonder I can't agree with some here the bruins are not first on their sports agenda..

[/QUOTE]

Agree 100 % regular season is like a big exhibition season,yeah its fun to watch,and definetly more fun to watch when there winning,but it's all about the play offs,and going out in the first round isn't even an option,now Chicago won the cup and finished first over all if the Bruins want to do the same,hey all the power to them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Its beyond me how a true fan can say that if we lose in first or second round he  won't be upset by it. Thats nit a real hard passionate fan... can't relate to that.  Better believe it that if we lose especially in first rd the year is a bust. . The reg season is not where  it counts . Any real fan Will tell you that.  No wonder I can't agree with some here the bruins are not first on their sports agenda..

[/QUOTE]

This is a rare occasion, but I'm going to respond to you.

It's not up for debate whether or not I'm a Bruins fan.  What is up for debate is how much it means to everyday life.  I used to be like you.  It used to really matter to me if a team I followed won or lost.

One day, I just stopped caring about the final outcome.  Maybe it's because I have seen all of my favorite teams win it all so I'm not yearning for it anymore.  Maybe it's because after spending so many years hoping and praying for a championship and finally getting one, my life remained exactly the same.

When the B's win, I'm happy.  It's exciting and fun.  When they lose, oh well, better luck next time.  In the grand scheme of life, sports don't matter at all.  If hockey and football were outlawed tomorrow, my life would be the same...except I'd have more free time and money.  You can't raise a child with a winning team.  You can't pay your electric bill with a great draft pick.  You can't help someone survive cancer with an overtime victory.

Sporting events are fun.  Life is real.  Don't question whether or not I'm a Bruins fan again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not up for debate whether or not I'm a Bruins fan.  What is up for debate is how much it means to everyday life.  I used to be like you.  It used to really matter to me if a team I followed won or lost.

One day, I just stopped caring about the final outcome.  Maybe it's because I have seen all of my favorite teams win it all so I'm not yearning for it anymore.  Maybe it's because after spending so many years hoping and praying for a championship and finally getting one, my life remained exactly the same.

When the B's win, I'm happy.  It's exciting and fun.  When they lose, oh well, better luck next time.  In the grand scheme of life, sports don't matter at all.  If hockey and football were outlawed tomorrow, my life would be the same...except I'd have more free time and money.  You can't raise a child with a winning team.  You can't pay your electric bill with a great draft pick.  You can't help someone survive cancer with an overtime victory.

Sporting events are fun.  Life is real.  Don't question whether or not I'm a Bruins fan again.

[/QUOTE]

I actually used to feel my blood pressure rise and my face would be hot.  I still get pumped up and can actually be nervous.  But there are so many more important things in life.  Like watching my little guy grow up.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes there more important things but  like it or not sports is a huge business. There are definitely more serious things in life.  I mean its just a game but if a fan  gets as much emotion getting ousted say in first rd

As one who gets a response while in a coma.. . Then that one is not an avid fan. Hes just goes as the wind blows. Personally I think sports is a over inflated business but it is what it is. Sports teams can be forms of ourselves. If our team loses first rd I  may not lose sleep but to say I'm ok with it then it defies what the fan nature is.  What's ironic is a fan is ok if they choke yet ger into heated highly confrontational jargon .... just bs.

If someone doesn't really care about  getting eliminated  quickly then winning a cup is no big deal eithet. Either right?

P s. I NEVER EVER GET ENOUGH OF WINNING... THATS ALL THAT MATTERS IN SPORTS..... NATURE OF THE BUSINESS

[/QUOTE]

In English please.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes there more important things but  like it or not sports is a huge business. There are definitely more serious things in life.  I mean its just a game but if a fan  gets as much emotion getting ousted say in first rd

As one who gets a response while in a coma.. . Then that one is not an avid fan. Hes just goes as the wind blows. Personally I think sports is a over inflated business but it is what it is. Sports teams can be forms of ourselves. If our team loses first rd I  may not lose sleep but to say I'm ok with it then it defies what the fan nature is.  What's ironic is a fan is ok if they choke yet ger into heated highly confrontational jargon .... just bs.

If someone doesn't really care about  getting eliminated  quickly then winning a cup is no big deal eithet. Either right?

P s. I NEVER EVER GET ENOUGH OF WINNING... THATS ALL THAT MATTERS IN SPORTS..... NATURE OF THE BUSINESS

[/QUOTE]

Point is, you have absolutely no control over it.  So you have a choice: run around and yell "UNACCEPTABLE!!!" and ruin your summer simmering impotently over somethign beyond your control or get over it.  If you go the "UNACCEPTABLE!!" route, and you mean it, then stop watching. Because otherwise, you're accepting it.  As in "they lost.  There's nothing you can do about it.  Accept it."  I suppose you could also pit fight with Stanley for the GM job.

Sports being a business has nothing to do with any of this.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So Marco think what mister Hot Shot is saying is that you don't have as good of life as him because you care if Bruins win or loose,man your just such a looser.Lol

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

i get what your saying Marco, but sports being such a huge business isnt just because of the emotional attachment. Look at the luxury suites at just about every stadium in every sport. Those are the big spenders, and most of them look to be more into socoalizing then the sporting event that is happening right in front of them. i've been lucky enough to be in a couple, lots of talk about business etc..and not much about the game. People in there wouldnt know Patrice Bergeron from Ray Bourque.

I still revolve Bruins game days around the Bruins, or as much as my hectic life allows me. Red Sox, used to know everyone batting average of every player on any day...Now, I'd be hard pressed to know who is starting that night. Will watch them when I can, but if they lose, no big deal.