First Pick Could Be Dealt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

First Pick Could Be Dealt

So, I know this guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who is Finnish and is pretty connected in the hockey world down here.  The word is that Tallon is looking to move the #1 overall for a player and to move back in the first round.

His target is Kapenen's kid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: First Pick Could Be Dealt

I also know a guy who knows Chris Stewart's agent & he's saying that Stewart would love to play in Boston. Would PC trade someone like a Marchand for him? Love Stewart's game & he fits the Bruins mold.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I also know a guy who knows Chris Stewart's agent & he's saying that Stewart would love to play in Boston. Would PC trade someone like a Marchand for him? Love Stewart's game & he fits the Bruins mold.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

[/QUOTE]

I know this is sarcastic but I really like the idea of Stewart. In Boston 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I know it's sarcastic too but what was that mess about Burke commenting that Florida is shopping the pick. Who does that? Tallon should be ripped.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's been despised by his teammates everywhere he's been.  Why would an organization with a profoundly selfless team identity - a culture they worked hard to build - bring in a guy with a rep as one of the most disliked, selfish players in the league?  Because he's occasionally good?

[object HTMLDivElement]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ugh, agreed, please say no to Stewart.  

Everywhere he goes, he scores some goals and the fans like him because he's tough, before he starts being a no-show in big games, is hated by his teammates, gets moved back to the 3rd line, and is eventually used as a pawn in a trade for a more desirable player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/07/could-the-panthers-trade-down-twice-at-nhl-draft/

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, I know this guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who is Finnish and is pretty connected in the hockey world down here.  The word is that Tallon is looking to move the #1 overall for a player and to move back in the first round.

[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. Kapanen is just as likely to be one of the best players in this draft as anyone else in the top group. He's the top European skater on most lists. If Tallon can extract something of real value for moving down on top of getting the player he wants then why not?

By the way, I hope you have a real source for this or chowdahead will give you a hard time from behind the anonymity of his computer for throwing out indiscriminate rumors.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bingo, logical answer to the question on whether or not the source is correct.  Unless the the 1st pick is Orr, then always look around for better options.  The number ones stocked up in Edmonton has given them a handful of victories the past four or five years.  I have a friend who knows a friend who has spoken to me, and he says I am an idiot.  Now that rumor is true.  Hehe.

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. Kapanen is just as likely to be one of the best players in this draft as anyone else in the top group. He's the top European skater on most lists. If Tallon can extract something of real value for moving down on top of getting the player he wants then why not?

By the way, I hope you have a real source for this or chowdahead will give you a hard time from behind the anonymity of his computer for throwing out indiscriminate rumors.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The source is good.  I'm not saying this is guaranteed to happen, I'm saying this is a real possibility instead of famous internet E-Harmony* banter.  Rarely will I ever talk about things that are possible as it's almost always a big fat waste of time.  Usually nothing happens anyway.

*credit goes to Mr. Bookboy 007 for this laser sharp description of most of what we read from the It Makes Sense gang.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's been despised by his teammates everywhere he's been.  Why would an organization with a profoundly selfless team identity - a culture they worked hard to build - bring in a guy with a rep as one of the most disliked, selfish players in the league?  Because he's occasionally good?

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I spoke to my friend Matty with the Av's tonight & I asked him if this was true when he was there. He said his teammates loved him there & was tough as nails. His downfall is that he takes constructive criticism literally. So I have no idea where you're getting this dispised stuff from, but an NHL trainer who's worked with him directly in the past says you're wrong! Who's your source? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are welcome for the Justin Williams suggestion for your playoff pool.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I spoke to my friend Matty with the Av's tonight & I asked him if this was true when he was there. He said his teammates loved him there & was tough as nails. His downfall is that he takes constructive criticism literally. So I have no idea where you're getting this dispised stuff from, but an NHL trainer who's worked with him directly in the past says you're wrong! Who's your source? 

[/QUOTE]

So, great hijack of my thread about the top pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Chowdahead, from behind the anonymity of his computer says he has seen this rumour online also.

I believe this isn't someone ( Nas ) who is trying to gain attention for himself by sharing this info. 

It doesn't take someone with a high IQ to figure out the difference between the two mentioned rumours.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Tallon would be an idiot not to be shopping the #1 pick even if it is just to see what he can get for it. He's just doing his job. I don't see him having the patience for an oiler-esque re-build so, yeah, shopping it is the smart thing, especially if he has "his man" further down the draft in Kapanen.

As for Stewart, he is lazy and only puts in the effort once every ten games or so. Just because he can fight does not make him a great addition.....especially for a contender that is  closely knit with a team-first attitude. Just my opinion though. At least we are not talking Anthony Stewart.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Just a little guesswork involving who the team is if this trade were to happen.

Regarding the drafting of Kapanen. Can't see it being a deal with a top 5 team if Tallon wanted to draft Kapanen. That's a bit high for him considering the talent that's available. 

That leaves from the 6-15 range depending on the quality of player involved in the trade. That would be the range where I'd guess he'd be picked.

One way Kapanen gets picked in the top 5 is if Tallon and the Panthers scouts are in love with Kapanen. If so the guesswork involved goes to the crapper.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't remember who Matty is, but of course I wouldn't be surprised if there is more than one opinion one this, even in the clubhouse.  I think the opinion you're mentioning may have existed early on in Stewart's tenure with the Avs.

My source (and I hate 'sources' here...) works for the Avs and told me that sentiment came straight from the mouth of Adam Foote.  Told me that Foote said "we couldn't get rid of that guy fast enough" after the trade to St. Louis.  This was something that was floated by the press (Dater and others) frequently at the time of the trade too.  My source said nobody liked him, but the only attributable quote was Foote's.

The Avs seemed to give up too much for Eric Johnson in that trade, but the feeling was that they needed to unload Stewart.  If you watched the on-ice product leading up to that trade, Stewart had completely stopped competing.  For a big tough guy, he had stopped hitting, stopped driving to the net, and didn't score much.  He also didn't stick up for his teammates as Duchene became the target of regular runs, and Stewart was criticized for ignoring them.  Joe Sacco benched Stewart several times for his lousy effort and lazy defensive play.

Fast forward to St. Louis and it's a similar trajectory.  Everyone was gaga over the trade for a while.  He went to the net and was leading them in scoring for a while.  Then he started to bounce around lines, often on the 3rd line.  Lost the trust of the organization to the point that when they were preparing for their Stanley Cup run this year, they offered him up as the pawn to get Ryan Miller and Ott.  Lots of rumors as to why Stewart was suddenly expendable and most of them came back to uneven effort him not being very well liked by the organization.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Love the idea of the top pick being dealt. Exciting!  Hate the idea of the Bruins trading for Stewart.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Love the idea of the Bruins trading to Pick Alex Tuch.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In regards to Chris stewart,for a team that definitely could have used goal scoring in the playoffs,it seems strange they would dump a big,tough,goal scoring winger,right before the playoffs.That is exactly the type of player a team needs during a playoff run. This leads me to believe the stories of Stewarts work ethic and his difficulties fitting in are somewhat true.We all know,if Stewart wasn't doing the defensive part of the game,he wouldn't be long for a Hitchcock coached team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It seems like it might make sense for Florida to move down in the draft and deal the first pick for something else, but I really wonder which team wants to take the bait on that.  The top of the draft seems more even than in past years.  I'm sure teams are interested in the first pick, but at what cost?  

There isn't a team that jumps out to me as being motivated to move up to #1, at the expense of giving Florida enough to make it worth it for them.  Then again, somebody always overpays at the draft by falling in love with prospects.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tallon has so many damn holes to fill trading down, adding a 10-15 pick with some veterans would be a nice move. Florida needs so good veteran defenseman, they should start with Tallinder on July 1st.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If Florida wants to start charging more than $1.00 for tix to selected games,as NAS posted earlier in the season,then a massive upgrade is needed and Tallon has his work cut out for him.Trading the #1 is a good move and there are teams out there that would like to get younger,Vancouver,Detroit, to name a couple. I guess its who offers Tallon the best package and if he adds a few free agents,along with the nucleus he has already assembled,the Panthers could be on the rise.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, great hijack of my thread about the top pick.

You're right I did..I apologize.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Florida wants to start charging more than $1.00 for tix to selected games,as NAS posted earlier in the season,then a massive upgrade is needed and Tallon has his work cut out for him.Trading the #1 is a good move and there are teams out there that would like to get younger,Vancouver,Detroit, to name a couple. I guess its who offers Tallon the best package and if he adds a few free agents,along with the nucleus he has already assembled,the Panthers could be on the rise.

[/QUOTE]

I think the trade of the top pick is going to happen.  The Panthers need help at all forward positions and all defensive positions.  The only place they don't need anyone is in goal.  Love him or hate him, Luongo is a legit #1 goalie.

I'm not sure who is buying or selling these days as I never keep up with the rumor mill, but if they can move back a few or many slots and get Top 6 help, Mr. No Pullups can play elsewhere.

Sections
Shortcuts