First round pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: First round pick

In Response to Re: First round pick:
    [QUOTE]So Book if you have your choice between Murphy or Hamilton which do you take ? or if neither aren't available 7 through 9 do you trade down for more picks because your not sold on Siemens or Beaulieu ? *Sold - Don't think they will make an impact within two years.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Very, VERY unlikely either or both will be available after the 7th spot. Then again, I didn't see Cam Fowler slipping out of the top 5-6. You gotta take Ryan Murphy. He's a much better PMD, although Hamilton is good as well. I don't care about the size, Hamilton is 6'3, but he's only about 185, and Murphy is about 5'11/175-180. Murph has the speed of a forward as well. Kid's got a great, although awkward looking shot that usually finds its way in the back of the net. Plus, you can't go wrong picking anyone out of the Kitchener Rangers organization.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First round pick : Larsson will not go past the top 2. Take it to the bank.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]
    Where did you think Fowler would be drafted last year?Sometimes a team will draft according to need rather than simply taking the best available player.I do think your right.....I'm just not willing to go to the bank with it.
      I see from above that I was slow on the draw with my Fowler question.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Love, I hope your Leafs get in.  Would be excellent for hockey.  Yes it would hinder our pick but watching a strong hockey market in the playoffs would make it very fun to watch.  I mean the only playoff type game during the reg season is when Montreal and Toronto play.  Its like game 7 every time the meet.  I would love a Bruins/Leafs opening round.  Guess that makes me a bad bruin fan.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Not sure how you reconcile your desire to have the Leafs make the playoffs for the good of hockey with being a Bruins fan.  For me, I hope the Leafs go 0-21 the rest of the way and B's get another high pick. 

Maybe I am off on that, any other B's fans want the Leafs to finish higher in the standings at the expense of B's draft position next year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First round pick : Not sure how you reconcile your desire to have the Leafs make the playoffs for the good of hockey with being a Bruins fan.  For me, I hope the Leafs go 0-21 the rest of the way and B's get another high pick.  Maybe I am off on that, any other B's fans want the Leafs to finish higher in the standings at the expense of B's draft position next year?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    To be honest,I kind of look forward to being able to cheer for the Leafs again.I've always had a soft spot for the underdogs.That said,I'm with you on this one.I'll be happy if they lose every game(this year).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I am rooting against the Leafs at all costs for another 20+, and of course, want them to miss the playoffs.  After that it will be nice to ease up on them.  I've never disliked the Leafs and would always root for them against the Canadiens.  I still don't like Kessel much, but next year with be nice to just watch them play without the baggage of the draft pick tainting my preference.  I actually don't mind Brian Burke either, now that he has been humbled a bit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I am rooting against the Leafs at all costs for another 20+, and of course, want them to miss the playoffs.  After that it will be nice to ease up on them.  I've never disliked the Leafs and would always root for them against the Canadiens.  I still don't like Kessel much, but next year with be nice to just watch them play without the baggage of the draft pick tainting my preference.  I actually don't mind Brian Burke either, now that he has been humbled a bit.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with easing up on the Leafs, I actually have a sweet Leaf's Maska Pro Jersey with tie-down that I used to rock in the early 90's.  Kind of fond of the 89-90 team with Leeman, Damphousse, Marois and Iafrate, Norris Division of course.

Moving forward, there are no guarantees that PC and Burkie don't hook-up on another deal involving picks that may result in my obsession for their demise. 

In the end, I hate the Habs and Sabres much more than the Leafs, must be an Adams Division thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I also like to watch other teams put a beating on the Habs, Flyers and Sabres in that order. 
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Totally agree on that line.  Still I am favor of Toronto losing all the other games. At the end of the season, I will watch Toronto rebuild with the idea that they can make the playoffs in 2012.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Crowls.

I like playoff hockey.  Of course I want the higher end draft pick.  I just have a soft spot for the Leafs.  If they lose out its great for us.  If they make the playoffs its great for hockey.  Doesnt make me like the Bruins any less.  I mean what if the pick was traded away? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Crowls. I like playoff hockey.  Of course I want the higher end draft pick.  I just have a soft spot for the Leafs.  If they lose out its great for us.  If they make the playoffs its great for hockey.  Doesnt make me like the Bruins any less.  I mean what if the pick was traded away? 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Obviously as a B's fan, the second the B's trade that pick, I root for the Leafs to go 21-0 or something.  It's just all B's all of the time for me, always my angle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

can't say I dislike you for that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First round pick : Obviously as a B's fan, the second the B's trade that pick, I root for the Leafs to go 21-0 or something.  It's just all B's all of the time for me, always my angle.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

That's a good angle.  If the Habs and Flyers can get mauled along the way, even better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

In Response to First round pick:
    [QUOTE]B's may as well use it in a trade if they can. Its not getting any better, since Toronto keeps winning. The more they win the less of a value that #1 pick is...
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]
    Yes, and it doesn't help that the Bruins let Toronto beat them on a regular basis! In fact the last Toronto win against Boston helped put them on this roll. So the B's can blame themselves for the pick getting worse and worse. That said, this year I hope they go for some size and flat out speed, we're getting smaller with some of the recent trades. Not good against teams like the Flyers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Here's and idea, lets take the best player available

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to First round pick : Yes, and it doesn't help that the Bruins let Toronto beat them on a regular basis! In fact the last Toronto win against Boston helped put them on this roll. So the B's can blame themselves for the pick getting worse and worse. That said, this year I hope they go for some size and flat out speed, we're getting smaller with some of the recent trades. Not good against teams like the Flyers.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    Leafs have 2 regulation wins in their last 10 games against Boston.I wouldn't call that a regular basis.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeMaggio51. Show DeMaggio51's posts

Jeff Skinner from Carolina was drafted #7 overall. How is that working out for them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

If Boston trades TOR 1st the next highest pick they have is in the 3rd round and for that reason I'd keep it and take the best player available regardless of position.

BOS 1st went to TOR for Kaberle
    BOS 2nd went to OTT for Kelly
    MIN 2nd is most likely going to TOR when we resign Kaberle

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Good points captain. This is why I believe we are not trading it....unless it is straight-up for Richards and he rewards us with a cup...lol!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]   If Boston trades TOR 1st the next highest pick they have is in the 3rd round and for that reason I'd keep it and take the best player available regardless of position. BOS 1st went to TOR for Kaberle BOS 2nd went to OTT for Kelly MIN 2nd is most likely going to TOR when we resign Kaberle
    Posted by captainbergeron[/QUOTE]

captain, that conditional pick is a 2012 2nd rounder.

Traded Tomas Kaberle to Bruins for Joe Colborne, 2011 first round pick, 2012 conditional second round pick (if Bruins make it to 2011 Stanley Cup Finals or Kaberle re-signs with Bruins after 2010-11 season)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Thanks for the information Chowdah I missed that, but it still doesn't change my opinion.

Keep the remaining draft picks and continue to stock up on young talent. Drafting good young players is the way to maintain playoff contention year after year. I don't want Boston to be Like Carolina or Tampa Bay and win one season then fall off the map the next. I want Boston to play competitive hockey season after season and be in the playoff race as often as possible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First round pick : captain, that conditional pick is a 2012 2nd rounder. Traded Tomas Kaberle to Bruins for Joe Colborne, 2011 first round pick, 2012 conditional second round pick (if Bruins make it to 2011 Stanley Cup Finals or Kaberle re-signs with Bruins after 2010-11 season)
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

While you're correcting people's posts, why don't you correct this one:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ab95ec70d-a8fb-47e2-833b-7bf6b7a35997&plckCurrentPage=5

You forgot to reveal the mystery poster. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First round pick : captain, that conditional pick is a 2012 2nd rounder. Traded Tomas Kaberle to Bruins for Joe Colborne, 2011 first round pick, 2012 conditional second round pick (if Bruins make it to 2011 Stanley Cup Finals or Kaberle re-signs with Bruins after 2010-11 season)

Thanks !!  I knew there had to be something "conditional" .

Don't the Bruins have a 2nd round pick from Kobasew trade this draft ?  or was it last draft ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First round pick : Thanks !!  I knew there had to be something "conditional" . Don't the Bruins have a 2nd round pick from Kobasew trade this draft ?  or was it last draft ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Yep you're right .

Traded Chuck Kobasew to Wild for Craig Weller, rights to Alexander Fallstrom, 2011 second round pick

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First round pick : Yep you're right . Traded Chuck Kobasew to Wild for Craig Weller, rights to Alexander Fallstrom, 2011 second round pick
    Decent return regardless of whether or not Fallstrom or Weller pan out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]   Thanks for the information Chowdah I missed that, but it still doesn't change my opinion.    Keep the remaining draft picks and continue to stock up on young talent. Drafting good young players is the way to maintain playoff contention year after year. I don't want Boston to be Like Carolina or Tampa Bay and win one season then fall off the map the next. I want Boston to play competitive hockey season after season and be in the playoff race as often as possible.
    Posted by captainbergeron[/QUOTE]

Agreed ! My thoughts also.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First round pick : Decent return regardless of whether or not Fallstrom or Weller pan out.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

When they made this trade I was disappointed losing Kobasew. But his career has spiralled downward since and having an extra 2nd pick has enabled PC to bring in a depth player like Chris Kelly. Yes it was a decent return.

Sections
Shortcuts