firstrowsports.com shut down....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

firstrowsports.com shut down....

Homeland Security doing its bang up job again...or is this the start of a backlash against Tim Thomas....hmmm....regardless, anyone know of another site I can pick up the game on the net?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Re: firstrowsports.com shut down....

That was my go to site, damn :(

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I hear ya!!.....I feel violated now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

When things that are illegal become popular...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to firstrowsports.com shut down....:
    Homeland Security doing its bang up job again...or is this the start of a backlash against Tim Thomas....hmmm....regardless, anyone know of another site I can pick up the game on the net?
    Posted by golden9x2

Part of the Fed's Super Bowl crackdown.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Awsome goverment we have in this country they got rid of an off shore website that sold sports jerseys way cheaper than here and now they shut down sports watching websites. Those websites aren't of the best quality and although it doesn't affect me much I bet there are kids who are growing up poor now who won't be able to watch their favorite teams now because of this. Great goverment we have bravo...bravo... Anyone need a roomate in canada? I would think instead of shutting down forgiegn websites that sell jerseyes or streams games they would be thinking of a way to get production jobs back on our soil or preventiing bussinesses from moving over seas and hiring slave labor. Sorry for the rant but I am disgusted with our cournty the older I get the worse it gets. On the bright side if anyone has a paypal account who is affected by this for a small fee I can give you my login for nhl.com to watch games. If you live in new englend you cant watch bruins games due to local blackouts. I stil like it because I am a fan of the game and can watch my fantasy players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down....:
    Awsome goverment we have in this country they got rid of an off shore website that sold sports jerseys way cheaper than here and now they shut down sports watching websites. Those websites aren't of the best quality and although it doesn't affect me much I bet there are kids who are growing up poor now who won't be able to watch their favorite teams now because of this. Great goverment we have bravo...bravo... Anyone need a roomate in canada? I would think instead of shutting down forgiegn websites that sell jerseyes or streams games they would be thinking of a way to get production jobs back on our soil or preventiing bussinesses from moving over seas and hiring slave labor. Sorry for the rant but I am disgusted with our cournty the older I get the worse it gets. On the bright side if anyone has a paypal account who is affected by this for a small fee I can give you my login for nhl.com to watch games. If you live in new englend you cant watch bruins games due to local blackouts. I stil like it because I am a fan of the game and can watch my fantasy players.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

So if the illegal websites grew larger and no one used the NHL.com stream anymore, what happens to jobs in the GameCenter department at NHL.com?

Also, there is this thing called a copyright.  It protects companies and consumers alike.  Why should Mr. Chang in Hong Kong make money from selling Rangers jerseys without the Rangers seeing a dime?  When the jersey falls apart after the second wash, who does Mr. Smith call?

The website comes down and you want to move to Canada, but before you do, you'll sell your NHL.com password (in which additional viewers will cost you zero) to make a buck first.  So much for caring about your fellow man.  You're a true American!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down.... : So if the illegal websites grew larger and no one used the NHL.com stream anymore, what happens to jobs in the GameCenter department at NHL.com? Also, there is this thing called a copyright.  It protects companies and consumers alike.  Why should Mr. Chang in Hong Kong make money from selling Rangers jerseys without the Rangers seeing a dime?  When the jersey falls apart after the second wash, who does Mr. Smith call? The website comes down and you want to move to Canada, but before you do, you'll sell your NHL.com password (in which additional viewers will cost you zero) to make a buck first.  So much for caring about your fellow man.  You're a true American!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Exactly right.  People complaining about this had better not also be complaining about the American economy and job opportunities...you're part of the problem...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As usual, I see both sides.  NAS is absolutely right - you can't moan about the manufacturing jobs going overseas and then moan that foreign service providers are being shut down.  It's the same equation: money flows to the foreign providers even if it isn't from you - mostly from advertising dollars.  So it's still money not going into your economy because it's going to a company in Holland or wherever instead.

On the other hand...I find the whole question of sports distribution flawed.  Copyright laws were originally designed to protect the integrity of the product (imagine a bad knock-off of your life's work that still has your name on it).  It had nothing to do with exclusive right to profit.  That's not true under current laws, but like most legal histories, this pendulum swings and right now, it's swinging toward vindictiveness for content providers - mostly because it's the media people who are profiting most and not the content people.  He who controls distribution.... 

In the end, I don't have a huge problem with the services that re-broadcast because they will eventually force the current media to innovate and find new business models that are more open than pay-per-view (remember when Stars owner Norm Green tried to push NHL to pay-per-view only?).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sounds like some murky rationalization for pirating something that others produce.  I mean, we have a company that has made a huge investment in paying for the licensing, personnel, filming, producing and telecasting the games.  With all of that work and overhead, I can sit on my couch in Denver and watch 82 regular season bruins games and all of the playoffs, in HD, for a few hundred bucks.  I pay it gladly because I love the product.  The profits from this endeavor create jobs and produce tax revenue.  Supply meets demand, everyone is happy -- what a system.

But then you have people who steal the product that is created by others, pay nothing into the production and illegally transmit it for people who want the product but refuse to pay the price.  This jeopardizes the jobs of those involved and diminishes the viability of the whole thing.

Not trying to be overly judgmental, I have done illegal things too and I understand the desire to watch Bruins games however you can.  That's fine.  But you certainly can't be mad at the government for protecting companies investments and shutting down those who steal their product and undermine the whole system.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by golden9x2

http://www.lshunter.tv/hockey-live-streaming-video.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

The jobs thing is just one of the many our goverment is a joke there is tons more stuff they should be doing besides shutting down sports watching websites. I can go into detail in mention many but I am sure it will ruffle to many features. I am sure shutting down online poker sites was also just for the good of the people of the country and nothing to do with money sure... 

I don't think 5 or 10 bucks would much to ask since I paid 100 something but I am fine if no one wants to take me up on it figured i would throw it there to the fans from the north who might not be able to watch the bruins much now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Posted by LUCICmilan17

Our copyright laws are a lot more strict than yours, so good luck with that.
    I've picked up the package from the NHL this season, and I've been really quite happy with it. Last year, when I was in Egypt and Mali, I used pirated feeds. Why? because the legal ones were not available there, so those feeds provided a service not otherwise offered. But I'm in Canada now, andd there's a legal means by which I can watch hockey. I can understand using a black market service when no above market service can meet a need, that's pretty basic economics, but when a legal service exists and you choose not to use it, whether we agree with the laws or not that is still a violation of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Also the jerseys come from china for the most part reguardles if u buy them from them or you pay hundreds more in a mall or pro shop they are made in the same place. So either way the jerseys are still made in the same place.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The jobs thing is just one of the many our goverment is a joke there is tons more stuff they should be doing besides shutting down sports watching websites. I can go into detail in mention many but I am sure it will ruffle to many features. I am sure shutting down online poker sites was also just for the good of the people of the country and nothing to do with money sure...  I don't think 5 or 10 bucks would much to ask since I paid 100 something but I am fine if no one wants to take me up on it figured i would throw it there to the fans from the north who might not be able to watch the bruins much now.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

The NHL has a product that people want and will pay for, but many don't because they can get it for free on pirate sites.  When the pirate site goes down, you offer your product that people want and will pay for.  But they won't because there are other places they can get it for free.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Also the jerseys come from china for the most part reguardles if u buy them from them or you pay hundreds more in a mall or pro shop they are made in the same place. So either way the jerseys are still made in the same place.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

No they're not. The NHL's sweaters are produced primarily in one of two places - the Reebok Permier sweaters are made in Indonesia, and the Reebok Edge sweaters are produced in Toronto.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down.... : No they're not. The NHL's sweaters are produced primarily in one of two places - the Reebok Permier sweaters are made in Indonesia, and the Reebok Edge sweaters are produced in Toronto.
    Posted by red75

When i bought jerseys from those sites it takes abvout 3 weeks they come from china. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by LUCICmilan17

Well, that's just simply not true.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down.... : When i bought jerseys from those sites it takes abvout 3 weeks they come from china. 
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

I was referring to the real ones, not the knockoffs. The real ones, according to Reebok, come from Indonesia and Toronto, depending on which one. So granted, neither provides American jobs in manufacturing, but the Edge ones do keep the money on this continent, which would gradually work its way around both our economies due to our trade relationship and NAFTA.

A quote from a study of the economics and production of the sweaters by the Univeristy of British Colombia

Reebok EDGE Replica Jersey All of the Reebok EDGE jerseys are manufactured in Toronto, Ontario. Not only are the jerseys produced there, but they are also stitched and crested in Toronto.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainsy1. Show rainsy1's posts

try http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/31528/1/nhlonnhlnet-:pittsburgh-penguins-vs-boston-bruins-live-stream-online.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down.... : I was referring to the real ones, not the knockoffs. The real ones, according to Reebok, come from Indonesia and Toronto, depending on which one. So granted, neither provides American jobs in manufacturing, but the Edge ones do keep the money on this continent, which would gradually work its way around both our economies due to our trade relationship and NAFTA. A quote from a study of the economics and production of the sweaters by the Univeristy of British Colombia Reebok EDGE Replica Jersey All of the Reebok EDGE jerseys are manufactured in Toronto, Ontario. Not only are the jerseys produced there, but they are also stitched and crested in Toronto.
    Posted by red75

And Reebok is an American company.  Our economy needs every job and every tax dollar it can get.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Great goverment we have bravo...bravo... Anyone need a roomate in canada? .
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Spend a little time in Canada and get back to us about living under a US government vs a Canadian one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Homeland Security doing its bang up job again...or is this the start of a backlash against Tim Thomas?
    Posted by golden9x2

OK the posts are just getting crazier.

Really, what is the problem with enforcing copyright laws?  Are we going to whine about itunes next?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down.... : Spend a little time in Canada and get back to us about living under a US government vs a Canadian one.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Are you implying that Canadians are unhappy about something? We pay lots of taxes and for that we get free health care, decent roads, and our economy didn't crash. Sure things could be better but I wouldn't even consider swapping countries if given the choice. Nothing against your country, I just love mine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Sounds like some murky rationalization for pirating something that others produce.  I mean, we have a company that has made a huge investment in paying for the licensing, personnel, filming, producing and telecasting the games.  With all of that work and overhead, I can sit on my couch in Denver and watch 82 regular season bruins games and all of the playoffs, in HD, for a few hundred bucks.  I pay it gladly because I love the product.  The profits from this endeavor create jobs and produce tax revenue.  Supply meets demand, everyone is happy -- what a system. But then you have people who steal the product that is created by others, pay nothing into the production and illegally transmit it for people who want the product but refuse to pay the price.  This jeopardizes the jobs of those involved and diminishes the viability of the whole thing. Not trying to be overly judgmental, I have done illegal things too and I understand the desire to watch Bruins games however you can.  That's fine.  But you certainly can't be mad at the government for protecting companies investments and shutting down those who steal their product and undermine the whole system.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Fletch, 
    I'm not going to go to the extreme on this, but as a Canadian who detest how some things are governed & controlled. "I plead guilty your honor" I have bought the receivers for the "American channels" I have NEVER been involved in buying the gadgets, or anything else for me to get extra channels for free from a Canadian company. Now, I know stealing is stealing, but when this was going on Canada's copyright laws weren't as strict and in my country it wasn't illegal to receive the signal from the US, but it was illegal to distribute it for a profit. Now, my claim and reason I did this is for one reason only. I don't think the government has a right to stop me from purchasing a channel in the US. If there was a way for me to legally get NESN, I would've done it!  There's also a lot of other programs that I would've liked to watch as well. I think I would've like that show the instigators, or the buzz.That was the ONLY reason I got those things. Especially once TV 38 stopped showing games all together. I don't agree with my Gov't taking away my freedom of choice to not have a channel that I want. I don't remember anyone asking me if I wanted the Gov't to give those kinds of decisions to the CRTC to make for me. So, depending on the circumstances & reasons ,the government has it's self to blame for some of the things that happen. I think it's very hypocritical for the Gov't to say it's illegal to get a video stream on your computer, but it's not illegal for them to steal my right of choice. 

Sections
Shortcuts