firstrowsports.com shut down....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: firstrowsports.com shut down....

In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down....:
    In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down.... : Are you implying that Canadians are unhappy about something? We pay lots of taxes and for that we get free health care, decent roads, and our economy didn't crash. Sure things could be better but I wouldn't even consider swapping countries if given the choice. Nothing against your country, I just love mine.
    Posted by dezaruchi

If your paying lots of taxes, then that healthcare is not free, it;s you just dont pay for it when you go. I do agree with the system up there though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down.... : If your paying lots of taxes, then that healthcare is not free, it;s you just dont pay for it when you go. I do agree with the system up there though.
    Posted by kelvana33

True, and to be honest the tax rate isn't that bad actually, if you consider what we get in return. According to the OECD the mean overall taxation for Canadians is 31.6 per cent, vs. 29.1 in the US, that's not a huge difference when one considers what we get in return for that additional 2.5 per cent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down.... : True, and to be honest the tax rate isn't that bad actually, if you consider what we get in return. According to the OECD the mean overall taxation for Canadians is 31.6 per cent, vs. 29.1 in the US, that's not a huge difference when one considers what we get in return for that 2.5 per cent difference.
    Posted by red75

Thanks for making my point better than I could have. Cheers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Both great countries.  Hockey, kids.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Canada stinks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Canada stinks.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

That's better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Canada stinks.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

That's from the big tire fire.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And the fish plants.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Stronger beer, and a country that loves hockey, you can play online poker, oh yea and canadian girls i think I would love canada haha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Stronger beer, and a country that loves hockey, you can play online poker, oh yea and canadian girls i think I would love canada haha
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Cool, ignore where your contentions, about China et al, were proven wrong, but deflect to the much later points about Canada vs. the States (which were lighthearted in comparison and intent). But nevermind that all your earlier points were factually incorrect. Talk about selective memory. Not to be confrontational, but when you're wrong, especially when you're using incorrect information to condone illegal activities, at least own up to it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down.... : Cool, ignore where your contentions, about China et al, were proven wrong, but deflect to the much later points about Canada vs. the States (which were lighthearted in comparison and intent). But nevermind that all your earlier points were factually incorrect. Talk about selective memory. Not to be confrontational, but when you're wrong, especially when you're using incorrect information to condone illegal activities, at least own up to it.
    Posted by red75

I still think the jerseys are made over seas. I have ordered baseball football and hockey ones anything from throw backs to current ones from many diffrent componies and they all have the compony tags on them.  I am getting authentic hocey jerseys for 40 bucks and baseball and football for about 25 a piece. There is no difference in the quality of the ones compaired to the ones I have bought in stores here that are authentic. Only difference I can tell is the price tag. They come from china when I buy them and pay 20 bucks for the shipping wich isnt much when you order a bunch of the jerseys in the same order. Lets to me believe they are made there. Do you think reebok makes shoes in canada as well? It looks nice to say they make most of their stuff in canada but I doubt thats reality.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You can think or believe what you want, but that does not make it any more true. This isn't an article of faith. My niece believes that Tinkkerbell is real, that doesn't make her right. The Reebok EDGE jerseys are made in Toronto. Fact. I cannot speak for the other sports as I have not researched them. Reebok makes clothing, including shoes, in 45 countries around the world. It just so happens that one of the items they make are EDGE sweaters and the country they make them in is Canada. What you're buying may be good fakes, but they're still fakes, an they're made approximately 13,000 miles away from where the real ones are made. You're wrong and your justification for an illegal act is a fallacy. Just admit it and move on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

You can think or believe what you want, but that does not make it any more true. This isn't an article of faith. My niece believes that Tinkkerbell is real, that doesn't make her right. The Reebok EDGE jerseys are made in Toronto. Fact. I cannot speak for the other sports as I have not researched them. Reebok makes clothing, including shoes, in 45 countries around the world. It just so happens that one of the items they make are EDGE sweaters and the country they make them in is Canada. What you're buying may be good fakes, but they're still fakes, an they're made approximately 13,000 miles away from where the real ones are made. You're wrong and your justification for an illegal act is a fallacy. Just admit it and move on.
    Posted by red75

I have EDGE jerseys i bought from that site. Why would they be in china and sold so cheap? Unless you have been to all of reeboks sites around the world then there is no way you can be prooved right or wrong. I will add you to my list of posters on this board that for some reason i am in your head its truly flatering. I don't run away from arguments but I don't have the time to sit on this site 247 and also I have also learned to basicly give my opinion and leave it at that instead of me going back and forth with someone when all we are doing is saying the same thing over and over again but in different words. Say what you want but i have compaired both the current jerseys and the throwbacks to ones that I bought at the retail or regular price and even the smallest details are the same. I highly doubt most of reeboks products are made in the us or canada as most componies i am sure they are paying peanuts for foreign cheap laber. I sleep well at night knowing I am not getting scammed buying way over priced jerseys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down.... : Spend a little time in Canada and get back to us about living under a US government vs a Canadian one.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE

Rather then leaving us in the dark how about elaborating on this comment ? Get back to us on this one .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from terry24. Show terry24's posts

Great. Another way to stick it to the fans. I wish they'd shut down all those legalized scalping agencies like Ace Tickets. Throw that monopoly Ticketmaster in there while you're at it. "Convenience fees" my a#$

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I agree that there's a lot of production cost involved, and a lot of jobs, in getting the broadcast together and out to the public.  That said, media isn't what it was when Fred and Derek were calling games, and you can't look at this through an economic lens without letting the invisible hand of the market show btch slap the model.

There are some potential consumers who want the product but cannot afford it at its current price.  There are economic models on the web (income through site view as a metric for ad dollars) where the consumer doesn't have to pay - the consumer is really a vendor of his or her attention.  This model works if done correctly.  Have you heard the insane numbers around Facebook's public offering?

There are some potential consumers who want the product, but who will not pay for it at its current price.  Some will be lost customers; others are still potential sources of revenue if they have "illegal" means to maintain their connection to your brand.

It's infeasible for those who hold exclusive broadcast rights to be continually and completely protected.  Print media has recognized this and is stumbling along trying to find its niche in a new model of content distribution - how many people on this board have an annual subs to the Boston Globe?  It's irrelevant to your use of this site - we're getting free content despite the production jobs in the printing shop, the lost reporting jobs and internships (and editorial positions - seems like they've gone the way of the dodo).  And in the print world, content has had to change because the market has pushed.  More opinion and more local news, less in-depth, long view reportage on issues and world events.  I'm old enough to miss that deeply. 

Anyway - that's why I'm not crying when someone infringes on the multi-billion dollar profit machine that is the business of sports broadcasting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I understand Book.  But again I am responding less to the individual who finds illegal sites to watch the game, and more to the complaint that the government is somehow out of line for shutting these things down on occasion.  I think the government has an obligation to enforce copyright laws and I certainly don't blame them for doing it.

Further, it is my personal opinion that not wanting to pay the market rate for a service like this is a pretty weak excuse for turning to illegal options.  I think the center ice package is an absolute steal.  I have lived far away from Boston for a long time now, and I am absolutely thrilled that someone has devised a system where I can watch every single Bruins game, and any other games, at my house, whenever I want, for a few hundred bucks.  If the Bruins are my favorite hobby interest, outside of work and family, then this is an incredibly reasonable price to pay.

I am not wealthy either and I can think of many, many things I wish I could have, but have realized I can't afford.  Just because I don't like the price point of a new car, I am not going to go out and steal one. 

If I'm on the road with a laptop, I might watch a live stream game too
    (I have), but I can at least acknowledge that I am not entitled to it and would never begrudge the government for shutting it down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down.... : Say what you want but i have compaired both the current jerseys and the throwbacks to ones that I bought at the retail or regular price and even the smallest details are the same.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Except the fact that you got your from China and it cost 1/4th the retail price.  You see, there is this thing called counterfeit.  Feel free to do some research on this word and add "China" into the search. 

You're wrong here. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Love the music scene on Yonge St., Love the nightclubs and Little Italy in Montreal, loved visiting my grandmothers birthplace in Nova Scotia as a kid, Hate leaving euro city Vancouver everytime I visit can't wait to get back there and Whistler is the best skiing in North America.

I could care less where some Canadian companies send jobs or what they pay in taxes up there it won't keep me from visiting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBruin19. Show MontrealBruin19's posts

Hey Guys and Gals.  Big B's fan from Montreal and  this is my first time on this blog and i just want to offer a website that I just found today so we all can watch the B's take on the Caps. Here it is,   http://atdhe.bz/other.html.  Another thing, I have a authentic B's Hockey jersey and it is made in Canada, I didn't order it online, I actually picked it up at the NHL store in NYC.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: firstrowsports.com shut down.... : Except the fact that you got your from China and it cost 1/4th the retail price.  You see, there is this thing called counterfeit.  Feel free to do some research on this word and add "China" into the search.  You're wrong here. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

He's like talking to a wall NAS. We could produce pictures of Chinese political prisoners sewing jerseys together with their teeth, and he'd still say it was all the same.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'm just waiting for someone to figure out sane blackout rules for an internet age.  No options for purchasing rights to nationally broadcast games.  Seems like an untapped market, and too many NHLN and NBCSP games kill the cost/game ratio for GameCenterLive if you're team gets a lot of games on them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's funny to see these huge media companies struggle to innovate.

Sections
Shortcuts