Fisher to Nashville

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Fisher to Nashville

And just for picks!!

Scratch him off the list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Re: Fisher to Nashville

Perfect example of how Toronto's first pick + Stuart could get us somone like Parise or Iginla.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Just thinking.... If you were country music queen Carrie Underwood, would you rather move to Boston or Nashville?  I guess there really was no chance..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

1st rounder for an overpaid 3rd liner, he is nothing more, 4th liner here.

4.2M - Sav's salary, no thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Interesting that there have been this small flurry of trades.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No4,

As much as I like your posts you are 100% wrong about Fisher.  He is one of the best 2 way players in the league and was on the bubble for team canada.  he easily pushes Krejci down to 3rd line center.  Easily. 
    There is not one aspect of Fishers game I dont like. He would have looked perfect in Boston.

I would have given our 1st rounder and a player for him.  But he wanted Nashville and got his wish. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

It was a no-brainer to waive his NTC for Nashville. He's now only two states away from his wife in Oklahoma instead of half a country away. I don't think he would of done the same with Boston. He seemed contempt in Ottawa despite their downward trend this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Yeah, Fisher is a stud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Sorry Shup, but his bubble is def burst, no way he makes team Canada Olympic team, can play for team Canada at world's when most of the good players are in playoffs.

He is a tough physical type player(stud), but he is not even close to Krej in the skills department and what we need is a skilled player(thoroughbred) not another plugger.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Fisher to Nashville:
    Sorry Shup, but his bubble is def burst, no way he makes team Canada Olympic team, can play for team Canada at world's when most of the good players are in playoffs. He is a tough physical type player(stud), but he is not even close to Krej in the skills department and what we need is a skilled player(thoroughbred) not another plugger.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

The last olympic spot was between Fisher and Bergeron.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"he easily pushes Krejci down to 3rd line center.  Easily."

No way is Fisher way better than Krejci not easily, not by far and he is not worth 4.2Mil. I would have like to see Fisher in a Bruins uniform but not for a 1st rounder and certainly is not a number #1 center. Number #2 ? Maybe but not a number #1.

He will fit in great in Nashville because there are some wingers on that team that need a spark. The Preds have man handled Detroit this season. If I'm Ken Holland I'd be on the phone trying to do something immediately cause he just got one upped.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Nashville got hosed and this means Chiarelli will have to be incredibly creative to not get reamed at the deadline.

WOW is the price high.

Fisher is a good player, but he's not worth a 1st round pick. Imagine if Ottawa gets a 2nd rounder as the conditional to boot?

People can say he was a bubble Team Canada player all day long.  He's a good player, not better than Bergeron and there is a reason why his play has dropped since Ottawa hasn't had much support up there around him.

Again, good player.  Past his prime.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fisher is a consistant 20 goal guy.  We had one of those last year by the way.  He is well polished in all ends of the ice.  He is also a very physical player(200 hits last year) and will drop the mits on occasion. 

Fisher and Bergie battled it out for the final roster spot for the defensive player for Canada.  He has also been in a cup final.  Also very durable.  I am sorry but Krejci does not have that resume.  Maybe some day he would but Fisher with Lucic and Horton.  Thats a perfect 2nd line.  And at this moment Krejci is not a better player than Fisher. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Is it me, or is Fisher much, much older than Kreijci?

All I know is, when Kreicji got hurt in the Philly series, Boston's offense suffered.

Fisher is more like a Bergeron, but not as good.  I look at player's salaries and impact moving forward, not past accomplishments from years gone by in these situations.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tale of the tape

Fisher 2011
    Projected   82     21     15     36       -27
    Playoffs
    2006-2007 20      5       5      10        -2 
    2009-2010  6       2       3       5         -2 

Krejci 2011
    Projected 71       11     47     58     24
    Playoffs   
    2008-2009 11       2      6       8       6
    2009-2010  9       4       4       8       3

Oh yah blows Krejci out alright not even close LoL! Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Pts are one aspect of Fishers game.  Stats are stats.  Long term I agree.  Right now I want Fisher over Krejci in a playoff war. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I would argue that Fisher played on perrenial top seeded teams while in Ottawa for years.

I don't see how Fisher is the superior player, better than Bergeron or worth what Nashville just unloaded for him.

It almost smells like they dealt him there to appease his wife (Carrie Underwood).

He's a good player, but Ottawa just fleeced them.  Nashville is a few steps away from coming out the West in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Sorry Shup, but his bubble is def burst, no way he makes team Canada Olympic team, can play for team Canada at world's when most of the good players are in playoffs. He is a tough physical type player(stud), but he is not even close to Krej in the skills department and what we need is a skilled player(thoroughbred) not another plugger.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Like Krej, love Fisher.

I would take Fisher over Krej

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Fisher is like another blake wheeler. Really inconsistant point scoring hard working player

No thanks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Was Wheeler on the bubble for team Canada.  And realize what type of pick Ottawa will be getting.  Yes its a 1st rounder.  But experts have said after the 1st 5 picks its not a great draft. 
    Nashville landed a very good two way fwd who pops 20 goals a year and was a very good leader in Ottawa.  The only thing he doesnt do is score 30 plus goals a year.

Again, in a war that is the playoffs I want a guy like Fisher on my team everytime. 

I love how guys say he is a streaky player.  20 goals a year is 20 goals a year.  When you do it 5-6 yrs in a row I would call it consistant not streaky.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

This reminds me of when Gretzky orchestrated his move to LA to be with Janet..
    Same for Mr. Underwood.. good on Murray to oblige.. He wasn't going anywhere else but Nashville.. It was like a pre arranged marriage ..

I like Fisher , guy plays hard every game and is just having a bad season due to Ottawa not being competitive.. Nashville didn't give up much.. they will be in the playoffs..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

cowboy,

On TSN tonight he actually indicated he wanted to stay in Ottawa and if that didnt happen he wanted Nashville or LA.
    He is signed beyond this year as well for a few more.  Yes he makes 4.2 but for a 2nd line center he is well worth it.  He goes all the little things right.  I like him and really would have liked him in the spiked wheel.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Interesting that there have been this small flurry of trades.  
    Posted by DrCC

With the injuries to their top players, you have to include the penguins to the trade deadline competition.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

watch

I think it all depends on Sid.  If he doesnt come back I don't think they add a lot.  Maybe a player on an expiring contract.  I could see them selling off if they start losing and no return of the Sid/Malkin show.  They arent a lock for the playoffs and with 30 games left and no stars they could be in trouble.
    If Sid returns I see them adding Kovy and possibly Hemsky.  That would be a fun 1st line to watch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

cowboy, On TSN tonight he actually indicated he wanted to stay in Ottawa and if that didnt happen he wanted Nashville or LA. He is signed beyond this year as well for a few more.  Yes he makes 4.2 but for a 2nd line center he is well worth it.  He goes all the little things right.  I like him and really would have liked him in the spiked wheel.
    Posted by shuperman

Didn't catch that, but agree with you.. Nashville got themselves a very good player that will contribute greatly with a better supporting cast ...Nashville looks to me to be a dark horse in the West.. They play very well as a unit..and they can play with anyone....

Sections
Shortcuts