Fisher to Nashville

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Fisher to Nashville

In Response to Re: Fisher to Nashville:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fisher to Nashville :  with a better supporting cast ...Nashville looks to me to be a dark horse in the West.. They play very well as a unit..and they can play with anyone....Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

The Preds had the Blackhawks on the ropes last spring so now what they need to make a run is Rinne to be a bit more solid and they could go deep...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Trotts in my eyes is a wizard.  How he gets so much outta so little is just amazing. 
    Nashville needs a true sniper.  But they are an annoying crew to play against and with Rinne and Weber they have some hope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Fisher to Nashville:
    [QUOTE]This reminds me of when Gretzky orchestrated his move to LA to be with Janet.. Same for Mr. Underwood.. good on Murray to oblige.. He wasn't going anywhere else but Nashville.. It was like a pre arranged marriage .. I like Fisher , guy plays hard every game and is just having a bad season due to Ottawa not being competitive.. Nashville didn't give up much.. they will be in the playoffs..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Nashville didn't give up much? 

If they go into 2 rounds this year, they lose their 1st and 2nd rd draft picks for a 2nd line, soon to be 3rd line defensive minded forward who will be 31 next year.

Nashville was fleeced on the deal if Ottawa hits on both draft picks.

Ottawa now has a very nice draft lined up next year.

Mike Fisher isn't a dime a dozen player because he does everything well, but let's be real here. This isn't a player who tips the scales for Nashville.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fisher to Nashville : With the injuries to their top players, you have to include the penguins to the trade deadline competition.
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]
    So you think teams are trying to grab players before Shero has a chance to get his bearings?  That is an interesting thought.  These trades did start right when Malkin was announced as being done, didn't they?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BBR,

Your theory would be great if this was a deep draft.  Kinda hard selling that to Ottawa fans that one of the fan favorites was dealt for someone who might make the lineup in 2-4 yrs time and impact the team in 4+yrs. 
    Fisher isn't a UFA.  He gets 20 goals annually and never takes a night off. 

Sorry but I think Nashville wins this deal.  Had Ottawa's been getting a top 5-10 pick I may agree.  But we are talking middle of the pack.  After the 1st 5 in this yrs draft it is very weak. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Is it me, or is Fisher much, much older than Kreijci? All I know is, when Kreicji got hurt in the Philly series, Boston's offense suffered. Fisher is more like a Bergeron, but not as good.  I look at player's salaries and impact moving forward, not past accomplishments from years gone by in these situations.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I am so sick of everyone attributing Boston's playoff exit to the DK injury.He was the last in a long line of injuries that Boston suffered.Had it been Bergeron hurt instead of DK,would Boston have won the series then?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I contribute that come back to Gagne as much as DK leaving.  Its not like DK was having a John Druce series or anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Krejci was unstoppable against the Flyers if you don't know that you were not watching. Carter coming back and Briere playing like he did when Buffalo were always a threat in the Eastern Conference finals was a huge factor as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fisher to Nashville : I am so sick of everyone attributing Boston's playoff exit to the DK injury.He was the last in a long line of injuries that Boston suffered.Had it been Bergeron hurt instead of DK,would Boston have won the series then?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Oh, I hear ya.  I am not saying it was the only reason. I am just saying, these kinds of discussions in terms of players who were very good years ago and now are on the downsides of their careers (Hossa, Fisher), who still are good components mind you, aren't really better than what we have here right now.

It seems like fans in Boston have a hard on for the name on the jersey because they played in better organizations than ours.  Because that's true.

Hossa played in Ottawa, Pitt, Detroit and now Chicago.  Fisher with Ottawa.

Someone like Kreicji or Bergeron haven't had the luxury to have that kind of stability around them. They appear to be getting it now, yes.

Bergeron is as every bit the  player as Fisher.

Kreicji is a #2 Centerman who is now exepected to be a #1, no fault of his own.

Personally, I don't feel is wingers are helping him all that much this year.  Maybe he gets hot down the stretch?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Krejci was unstoppable against the Flyers if you don't know that you were not watching. Carter coming back and Briere playing like he did when Buffalo were always a threat in the Eastern Conference finals was a huge factor as well.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

How easily the plebeians forget, eh Sandog?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BB- agreed that Bergie is as good(in my eyes better than Fish) and thats a huge compliment b/c I really believe Fisher is a good player.  You win wars with him. 

San- what were his stats?  And yes he was stopable.  He was hammered into the IR.  Krejci is a very nice player and believe his ceiling is high.  But he isnt as good as Fish at the moment and would have been our 3rd line center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"But he isnt as good as Fish at the moment and would have been our 3rd line center"

Not even close as it took your boy 20 playoff games to beat David

David Krejci best regular season year
    2008-2009   82       22       51       73     37
    Best Playoff performance
    2009-2010   9         4         4        8        3        

Mike Fisher best regular season year
    2009-2010   79       25       28       53     1
    Best Playoff performance
    2006-2007   20       5       5          10    -2

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Once again it seems as though Chiarelli is content to do nothing. He reminds me so much of when Pat Gillick was gm of the Blue Jays in the ninties and he got the nickname "Stand Pat Gillick".Chiarelli is so worried about making a bad move he wont make any at all.