Fix the mistakes, win Game 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Fix the mistakes, win Game 5

The Bear was in hibernation tonight. One thing I noticed was lack of traffic in front of Roloson - that's easily  fixed.  Get a few bounces on Tuesday and get back in the series.  They've done it before and they'll do it again.  This is their year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Fix the mistakes, win Game 2

Well said hangnail, I don't think there is any panic in the room, they know what they need to improve upon for game 2.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Fix the mistakes, win Game 2:
    [QUOTE]The Bear was in hibernation tonight. One thing I noticed was lack of traffic in front of Roloson - that's easily  fixed.  Get a few bounces on Tuesday and get back in the series.  They've done it before and they'll do it again.  This is their year.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Good post Hang. A better effort Tuesday will have them right back in the series. Roloson was the 1st star but Boston still needs to make him work harder. I saw nothing in that game worth going into a panic over. I still like our chances.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This first game is just another test for their new-found composure.  It's been on display in critical situations in both previous series and will be challenged again Tuesday and at various points against TB. 

Eliminate the lack of concentration on both the softie that got by Thomas and the careless play by Kaberle behind his own goal that built the mountain in front of the Bruins before they even got into the game and who knows what the outcome might have been.  If anything in these playoffs, the club has shown the ability to increase their level of play.  They'll do it on Tuesday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Going into the game, the focus was on shutting down Stamkos, Lacavelier and St. Louis.  The B's did that, but unfortunately, they beat themselves with some sloppy play.  Frustrating way to lose, but very fixable.  They know they can play better and they will.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Fix the mistakes, win Game 2:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Fix the mistakes, win Game 2 : Good post Hang. A better effort Tuesday will have them right back in the series. Roloson was the 1st star but Boston still needs to make him work harder. I saw nothing in that game worth going into a panic over. I still like our chances.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Exactly, dez.  The Bruins didn't test Roloson enough to see what he's got.  Seguin made him look rather ordinary on his goal.  Still, he can't stop what he can't see so some obstacles in front of him will hopefully be the order of the day come Tuesday.  The Bruins did little of that tonight.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Agree with all of you.  But, the effort they need to put up against TB MUST exceed what they did against the Habs.   May well be insurmountable if they fall into an 0-2 hole.  TB is stronger and tougher.   Oh, and put puck ON the net.  I had never seen so many missed shots.  Rolofson is ripe for the picking; he wasn't tested at all..
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

OMG! How frustrating was that? Forget the PP, I'm thinking CJ needs to have a target shooting practice!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Agree with all of you.  But, the effort they need to put up against TB MUST exceed what they did against the Habs.   May well be insurmountable if they fall into an 0-2 hole.  TB is stronger and tougher.   Oh, and put puck ON the net.  I had never seen so many missed shots.  Rolofson is ripe for the picking; he wasn't tested at all..
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Exactly, bro.  Thomas was under fire more than Roloson.  Yes, pucks have to be on net, preferrably with a few Bruins messing up his view of things. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I agree and like the positivity!  Get traffic in front of Roloson, clean up our own end, don't allow soft goals, etc. all fixable stuff.  Gotta win game 2 though.  Like ipot said, TB is stronger and tougher than the Habs.  It they can get to Game 5 tied 2 - 2 without Bergy I'll be very happy.  Hopefully *knocking on wood* he'll be close to coming back by that point. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This game was decided by Bruins mistakes.  It happens.  I don't think anyone expects to go 16-0 in the playoffs.  Hopefully Bergeron comes back, it would make a big difference.  Krejci and Lucic and Horton showed good jump despite the lack of results, which is a good sign.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

The B's need to get in Rolie's face and annoy the crap out of him even if it risks an interference call. He will get off his game if they do it enough. Hitting the net is another thing that would be nice. Rolie isn't the best puck handler and making him play the puck can lead to turnovers. Get shots on goal, make him react with his legs and there will be some juicy rebounds. I don't think the Bolts dominated the game. I do believe they were more aggressive than Boston and that caused the B's to make some mistakes. Not too concerned, but I expect a much better effort from Boston in Game 2.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Got to play harder than Game 1 and all that, but two changes I would make:

1. Switch Peverly and Kelly. Let Kelly cover for Seguin's defensive weaknesses and let the kid go. He's capable of carrying the puck into the offensive zone by himself and Ryder will still be around to create offense with him while Kelly can jam for rebounds and the like. Marchand's offensive strengths will be better served with Peverly.

2. Seguin on the PP. It looks ugly out there, it in fact could get not worse (0/4 and 4 SHOTS!) and, as I said above, Seguin showed he is capable of slicing through the Tampa neutral zone with speed. That's precisely what the PP is missing. Forget about the fact he's got vision and a great shot, I'd use him just to enter the freaking offensive zone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I agree with both your statements.  Further, I think having Seguin with Kaberle on the pp would be better.  Krecji and Kaberle both seldom shoot.  Too much passing without threat of shooting.

[QUOTE]Got to play harder than Game 1 and all that, but two changes I would make: 1. Switch Peverly and Kelly. Let Kelly cover for Seguin's defensive weaknesses and let the kid go. He's capable of carrying the puck into the offensive zone by himself and Ryder will still be around to create offense with him while Kelly can jam for rebounds and the like. Marchand's offensive strengths will be better served with Peverly. 2. Seguin on the PP. It looks ugly out there, it in fact could get not worse (0/4 and 4 SHOTS!) and, as I said above, Seguin showed he is capable of slicing through the Tampa neutral zone with speed. That's precisely what the PP is missing. Forget about the fact he's got vision and a great shot, I'd use him just to enter the freaking offensive zone.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I'd like to see Campbell moved up to Bergeron's spot.  Kelly was a pale copy last night.  Lost a lot of faceoffs, it seemed.  

Tampa blocked a ton of shots and those that got through were often off-net.  Gotta fix that.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to see Campbell moved up to Bergeron's spot.  Kelly was a pale copy last night.  Lost a lot of faceoffs, it seemed.   Tampa blocked a ton of shots and those that got through were often off-net.  Gotta fix that.   
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]
    Kelly was actually 59% to Campbell's 44%. They were brutal overall at the dots last night.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I was half expecting the B's to lose this one. Just one game and should serve as a good wake-up call that they did not win the cup simply be beating Philly. I expect them to come out blazing next game.....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]All they have to do is start wearing those smaller forwards down.  They also need to be careful in the neutral zone, but I seriously didn't see a ton of problems in that area last night.' Julien is correct in saying Boston giftwrapped those 3 goals.  They did. Obviously, the Thomas 2nd goal was brutal.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a terrible game by any stretch. They had one of those meltdowns that the team has from time to time and good on Tampa for making them pay 3 times in 83 seconds or whatever it was. That was the difference in the game. Lots of series to go.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Rolie did everything he had to win.  Stop the puck.  You arent gonna rattle this guy.  But I agree that more traffic and rebounds.  Why all the slappers on the PP.  They block everything.  Get the thing through.  Chara must think its mighty ducks.  Just hit the net and create rebounds.  For every Chara goal on a 109 MPH slapper he misses the net 100 times. 

We have to play a lot better.  They out worked, out hustled and out scored us.

They are good at playing the sleeper role.  Then bam, lights out.  Man they move the puck well on the PP. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Not trying to pick on Hangnail here, but the rhetoric that Julien uses about "mistakes" gets old.  How about you were outworked, outhustled and your team was far rustier than TB? A mistake is a repeating pattern when you describe a team's play. In this case, they were sloppy likely because they had 7 days off from playoff action.   Either both teams were going to look sloppy, one of them would, or neither.  Boston was. That's it. I do agree Boston handed them 3 goals in various fashion and that they can win and will win Game at home.   They have to. I would sit Kaberle and start Hnidy too.  The sherriff isn't going to get bounced off the puck and Kaberle simply refuses to shoot from the point with flat out, top notch opportunities to do so. Infuriating.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

No offense taken...the big problem with benching Kaberle is that it would be an admission of failure by PC.  I don't think he is ready to do that just yet, these aren't desperate times.

I am shocked by how few puck battles Kaberle is involved in - never mind wins - most times he doesn't even try.  Certainly not Bruins material in my book. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Is it me or was Game 1 vs TB very similar to Game 1 vs MTL?  Little traffic in front of net, many mistakes in defensive zone, and a nervous looking Thomas?

They know what they have to do.  Be the first to the puck, forecheck, and out work Tampa.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

[QUOTE]Is it me or was Game 1 vs TB very similar to Game 1 vs MTL?  Little traffic in front of net, many mistakes in defensive zone, and a nervous looking Thomas? They know what they have to do.  Be the first to the puck, forecheck, and out work Tampa.
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. The Bruins made mistakes and seemed too tense or nervous. They are better than this. Over a 7 game series, the Bruins will beat Tampa. We will look a lot better. And this Bruins team can definitely win on the road. I'm not worried about that. We will be back.

Sections
Shortcuts