Fix the Playoffs Immediately

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Fix the Playoffs Immediately

When a player is suspended, his roster slot cannot be filled.  Put the team at a true disadvantage.  Tax the coach, forcing difficult lineup decisions and in-game shuffling.  Something tells me the message will become a lot clearer for players if there teammates are forced to suffer from there actions.  Currently a team only suffers when a star player goes down.

What do you guys think?

Edit: I just want to point out that this was not my idea, I had a conversation with a coworker who suggested it.  Kudos to anyone who suggested it in the past, you definitely have me on board.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Fix the Playoffs Immediately

I like it, cause clealry suspensions and fines are not cutting it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Great idea Ricky. My only concern would be the added pressure on Shanny to make the "correct" decisions. If we think we're seeing firestorms now over decisions, I can only imagine how much worse that would make it. It is a really great idea though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i think you and i have the same train of thought. i mentioned this as a possible way to remedy the current situation last season. the organization will not sign players that will hurt their chances of winning(being out gunned for games). it would take care of itself in no time at all. within one or two seasons the habitual offenders would be playing by the rules, or flipping burgers by holloween. this of course is common sense thinking, therefore you know it will never happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I recall this idea being mentioned on the forum before. It was a great idea then, and it's still a great idea.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Fix the Playoffs Immediately:
    [QUOTE]Great idea Ricky. My only concern would be the added pressure on Shanny to make the "correct" decisions. If we think we're seeing firestorms now over decisions, I can only imagine how much worse that would make it. It is a really great idea though.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I agree Dez, my only fear with this rule is that it would increase the divide between Star player and role player punishments.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

there only needs to be one bit of clarification, did you go to the head(arms up, leaving the feet), or did it come to you(guy is hunched over, turns his back suddenly near the boards). if you don't have anything up or launch- you're ok, if he puts himself into that bad position it's on him. clear cut. the next thing is no arbitrary games/fines. 1st offense fine, 2nd offense X amount of games, 3rd ect., to eventual league expulsion. zero controversy. all players treated the same. the only thing to be reviewed would be did the offender go to the head, or did the recipient put himself in that situation. and put a distance to it. or put a time to it. if a guy changes his body position within 5(?) feet, or 1.5(?) seconds, it's not  the hitters responsibility. it's the hitee's responsibility to protect himself at that point. not that complicated really

Sections
Shortcuts