Fleury over Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: Fleury over Thomas

The all star game is a joke

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The All-Star game is for fun.  If more people vote for one guy than another, then I think that guy should go.

More importantly, I couldn't care less if people like Bruins players more than others.  I wish no Bruins would make the team.  They can use the rest...especially Thomas!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Fleury over Thomas:
    [QUOTE]The All-Star game is for fun.  If more people vote for one guy than another, then I think that guy should go. More importantly, I couldn't care less if people like Bruins players more than others.  I wish no Bruins would make the team.  They can use the rest...especially Thomas!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Sure he could use the rest......I'm saying if anybody deserves to be there, it's Thomas......maybe you could care less, but when I played hockey it was always exciting to get selected to play in an Allstar game....even if it was just minor hockey. My guess is the pros do to. These guys are some of the best conditioned athletes on the planet....2 days off from the regular grind isn't going to make or break their season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

We all know Thomas will be there - likely as a starter, since only one goalie is being selected by the fans this year. The fan voting is just a popularity contest. It's the roster selections by the coaches that actually have some merit, since those really are for the very best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I do believe Stampkos and Big Buff were also robbed.  Malkin?  Really?  He is having a year similar to Ovie.  Must be the Russian Flu this year as Kovy has turned into Yashin overnight. 

So as much as TT deserved it so di the avove mentioned.  And as much as I hate to say this Price may be the runner up MVP at this point of the season. 

And TORRES could be up there as well.  Right N-O-T.   Happy NY by the way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

If this annoys you, than there is a silver lining to this year's format - half as many players are voted in by fans than in the past.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Suprised to see Thomas wasnt voted the starter? really?  Cause half of the fans in Boston want him traded for cap space, and so Rask can play more...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Suprised to see Thomas wasnt voted the starter? really?  Cause half of the fans in Boston want him traded for cap space, and so Rask can play more...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

lollol too true. Meanwhile all of the 6-16 year old population of Pittsburgh voted 30+ times a day for all the players on the Penguins. I guess im glad the kids in Boston have something better to do lol.

I think a small part of me dies everytime I read a "Nows the time to trade Thomas" post

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Christine O'Donnell over.... anybody. (not trying to bring politics into it, just making the obvious connection between someone unqualified being given the nod over truck-loads of more competent people on the right.)

People are stupid, it's hardly a problem with the NHL all-star voting, just the way it is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm also with I hope he doesn't get voted in so he can rest for the stretch run into the playoffs .
    Maybe he gets upset ?  That'll light a fire under his a_$$ and watch out.  TT loves to compete and prove himself.
    It was the same last All-star game,  seems like that Pittsburgh, Montreal and Chicago fanbase keep voting over and over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The bigger surprise is that Cap Space wasn't voted in.  Fans love to propose deals where their teams acquire Cap Space.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

at least the game doesn't decide home ice advantage for the finals!  the skills comp is WAY better than the game anyway you slice it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Thomas will be selected by the committee, no two ways around it, and he'll be the starter.  The popularity contest (read that as joke) is just that, a joke.  There should be NO fan voting if this is indeed an All Star event.  Select players based soley on stats, PERIOD.

Remember when the Habs voted 5 guys in and Kovy won the MVP even though Timmy was the winning goalie, not allowing a single goal through OT or the SO.  "Stupid is as stupid does."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fleury over Thomas : Sure he could use the rest......I'm saying if anybody deserves to be there, it's Thomas......maybe you could care less, but when I played hockey it was always exciting to get selected to play in an Allstar game....even if it was just minor hockey. My guess is the pros do to. These guys are some of the best conditioned athletes on the planet....2 days off from the regular grind isn't going to make or break their season.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

So many players were deciding against playing in it that they had to come up with a rule that says the players have to go.  Lidstrom and Datsyuk were banned from one regular season game for skipping an All-Star game.

I don't think they all love it.  Look at the MIA list from '08.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I kind of agree with NAS here, I would be perfectly happy if no Bruins made it at all.  The game is such a joke I can't even watch it, and I think that to the players it is a pretty mediocre honor to be selected to this spectacle. 

They should stay home, get some rest, and if they play a game of shinny at the local rink it will be more competitive than the all-star game anyhow.  Somebody might actually play defense there...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I kind of agree with NAS here, I would be perfectly happy if no Bruins made it at all.  The game is such a joke I can't even watch it, and I think that to the players it is a pretty mediocre honor to be selected to this spectacle.  They should stay home, get some rest, and if they play a game of shinny at the local rink it will be more competitive than the all-star game anyhow.  Somebody might actually play defense there...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I haven't bothered watching since Kovalev got MVP instead of Savard.Organizers later admitted they picked the MVP with about 10 minutes left in the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

You havent missed much, that was the last All Star game played. lol  Last year were the Olypmics, no All Star Game, year before was the game youre referring to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

My favourite part of the last All Star game was Chara challenging guys to put their money where their mouths were for charity. Hockey players are pretty good citizens for the most part. Put serious cash on the line for the charity of the winning team's choice, and you'll see guys step it up a bit.

Sections
Shortcuts