Flies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Flies

Ever noticed all of the flies buzzing around the under scoreboard camera at the Garden?  Isn't the building manager embarassed by this?  Is the circus living in there?  "Bugs" me to see these flying maggots for the start of every period!  For you fortunate fans that attend games frequently, Is the garden dirty?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Flies

Season ticket holder here. Is it clean, no, is it dirty, no. Kinda in the middle. It's not one of your sterile arenas but it's relatively clean (for arena standards). Beer spills and other mess is cleaned up relatively quickly but the concession stands usually have a puddle of beer accumulated on them which is kinda nasty. Bathrooms, well I don't think I've ever seen a clean bathroom at a sporting event so hard to judge filthy vs. disgusting.

Never seen a bug in the arena, guess they're all by the scoreboard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Flies:
    Ever noticed all of the flies buzzing around the under scoreboard camera at the Garden?  Isn't the building manager embarassed by this?  Is the circus living in there?  "Bugs" me to see these flying maggots for the start of every period!  For you fortunate fans that attend games frequently, Is the garden dirty?
    Posted by MeanE

That drove me nuts in the playoffs last year.  Seems when the weather gets warm they hatch up there.

I just don't get it.  Some fly paper would completely resolve the issue.

It's embarassing and unreal that they haven't taken care of the problem.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to "Re: Flies":
    In Response to Flies : That drove me nuts in the playoffs last year.  Seems when the weather gets warm they hatch up there. I just don't get it.  Some fly paper would completely resolve the issue. It's embarassing and unreal that they haven't taken care of the problem. Posted by BadHabitude
    I've seen them too. Ruins that perfect shot of the Spoked B from high above!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The worst part about the garden.

In the summer, the concrete inside of the arena starts to sweat. I can't tell you how many times I saw someone take a bad fall on the steps last year. Very dangerous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

solution: release a few hundred spiders in the building, maybe even some bats, or chameleons. turn the garden into an zoorena. there are bruins in there already. not to mention a rat(love ya marchy)... hehe

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good one ... I'll make sure to notice when the Bruins play the Leafs .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Flies:
    The worst part about the garden. In the summer, the concrete inside of the arena starts to sweat. I can't tell you how many times I saw someone take a bad fall on the steps last year. Very dangerous.
    Posted by nrguy

And I think that should be resolved very easily by the right dehumidification.

The floors were outrageously slippery when I was there for the Tampa playoffs.  I thought the crowd was drinking fiercely and everyone managed to spill their beer everywhere.

Hate to say it, but the threat of a law suit would fix the floor problem in a jiffy.

The flies, I wish a lawsuit could resolve that.  That is ridiculous.  It's going to bother me that much more now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You know what might do it?  If Fluto or Dupont were to write about it and publicly call them out about the flies, that would probably get some action.

Them and/or NESN.

A letter writing campaign to NESN might work.

I feel a little ripped off that they are spoiling my view of the rink by allowing the flies to live up there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tackle2112. Show tackle2112's posts

definitely no flies ... we all know there are leprechauns at the Garden

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I understand the sweaty concrete part. Very large building, like arenas, sort of develop their own climates. It's difficult for even well-designed hvac systems to keep up with the variable changes that occur with 17k people coming and going not to mention the fact that there is a man-made pond in the middle.

Not sure where the flies are coming from though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I understand the sweaty concrete part. Very large building, like arenas, sort of develop their own climates. It's difficult for even well-designed hvac systems to keep up with the variable changes that occur with 17k people coming and going not to mention the fact that there is a man-made pond in the middle.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

Sure, but flies?  Doesn't take any complex technology to resolve that problem.  No high tech solution needed.  Not even a low tech solution.  A NO tech solution of fly paper resolves it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

That hilarious a thread was started on this....Ive noticed it too. Just cracks me up how we all think and feel the same way about this. Thank god there are no flies in front of the main cameras down below...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

i've always noticed them and they're always there (even in the dead of winter).  is this typical for other nhl arenas?  i always figured kpd brought them in with him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It all began from the big patch of moss that grew over Phil Kessel's weightroom locker a few years ago.  It was a perfect place for insects to breed and hatch without any fear of disturbance, and a long forgotten block of cheddar cheese that Kessel once left there provided adequate sustenance. 

When Kessel was traded, the team asked him to clean it out, but he had long since forgotten where the weight room was, so this little plot of nature remained.  Anyhow, these 'Kessel mites' got tired of watching Chara lift weights all the time and moved out to the scoreboard area to watch the games.  They come out in force for the Toronto game to show their appreciation to Phil Kessel for the habitat he unwittingly created for them by being a fat, lazy slough.

You can look to these very bugs for the origins of the "Thank You Kessel" chants...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Flies":
    It all began from the big patch of moss that grew over Phil Kessel's weightroom locker a few years ago.  It was a perfect place for insects to breed and hatch without any fear of disturbance, and a long forgotten block of cheddar cheese that Kessel once left there provided adequate sustenance.  When Kessel was traded, the team asked him to clean it out, but he had long since forgotten where the weight room was, so this little plot of nature remained.  Anyhow, these 'Kessel mites' got tired of watching Chara lift weights all the time and moved out to the scoreboard area to watch the games.  They come out in force for the Toronto game to show their appreciation to Phil Kessel for the habitat he unwittingly created for them by being a fat, lazy slough. You can look to these very bugs for the origins of the "Thank You Kessel" chants... Posted by Fletcher1
    This has to be the funniest post I've read on here, Nice work Fletch!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It all began from the big patch of moss that grew over Phil Kessel's weightroom locker a few years ago.  It was a perfect place for insects to breed and hatch without any fear of disturbance, and a long forgotten block of cheddar cheese that Kessel once left there provided adequate sustenance.  When Kessel was traded, the team asked him to clean it out, but he had long since forgotten where the weight room was, so this little plot of nature remained.  Anyhow, these 'Kessel mites' got tired of watching Chara lift weights all the time and moved out to the scoreboard area to watch the games.  They come out in force for the Toronto game to show their appreciation to Phil Kessel for the habitat he unwittingly created for them by being a fat, lazy slough. You can look to these very bugs for the origins of the "Thank You Kessel" chants...
    Posted by Fletcher1

It's a true story right up until the "kessel mites tired of watching Chara lift" part, mites don't watch weightlifting or hockey and Fletch just made that part up for comic relief.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Dale Arnorld is more of a problem than those flies, imo.  I was talking to my Mom the other day about the Bruins and she asked me about "that angry guy on NESN".

My theory is get rid of Arnold and the flies will follow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Flies:
    Posted by MeanE

Funny, I've wondered about those flies ever since last year's playoffs.  I've thought about bringing the subject up here, but figured I'd be besieged with comments about biting, diving, etc. etc.

Glad someone else brought it up.  The response about warm weather creating a micro-climate inside, and breeding flies doesn't really fly in early-March, does it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

soups had the answer right under your noses. It's Peter Chiarelli's fault:

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/#clip634608

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

soups had the answer right under your noses. It's Peter Chiarelli's fault: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/#clip634608
    Posted by BsLegion

Oh, so there's a stinky fish stuck up there by the scoreboard? 

Well, that certainly explains the flies!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

I actually cant remember NOT seeing those flies. It's been going on for years and it really is embarassing. A couple more things while I'm venting:
    I can not stand the opposite end camera angle used during the shootout. Just terrible. You can never see whether the puck goes in or not. Will someone please tell the director to use the center ice camera for all penalty/shootout attempts. common sense !!
    I also have a gripe with the MBTA. The newburyport commuter rail train leaves at 9:30 which coincides with the typical ending time of the game. So, you need to choose between leaving the game early to catch the train or stick around and wait for the late train. Once again, this has been going on for years. You figure that the B's and MBTA could get together and maybe alter the train schedule on game nights to say 9:45-10:00pm.
    Wow, this venting feels great. Lets see, love the garden nachos and pretzels but the melted cheese is too spicy. Can we tone this down please ? I'm not looking for bland cheese but maybe something like Kraft shells and cheese type cheese (yum).
    How bout some new music during the game. Hey, Ron Poster I'm talking to you. Ron, I dont want to tell you how to do your job but that's supposed to be a major chord at "twighlights last gleaming", not the minor chord that you ALWAYS play. Just saying. Dont even get me started with Rene. Thats a different post for a different day.
    Bring back the Crunch N' Munch guy. Ok, so he's probably not a kid anymore but, he was entertaining and when it comes down to it I just want to be entertained.
    B's marketing department, I got some words for you too. Bring back the Bear commercials. They're FUNNY !!! Here's another one: open up the Garden (when available) during Bruins road games and televise them. Lower the score board about 30 feet, charge $5 for admission so we can afford to bring our families, cover the ice so kids can play on the sheet, sell concessions just like a regular game. Make it family freindly. Working guy like me cant afford to bring the whole family to the game but, this could be a great alternative family game experience.

Keep everything else the same. I love it.
    All right that's it. I'm outa here ! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The threads on here just keep getting weirder and weirder.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I actually cant remember NOT seeing those flies. It's been going on for years and it really is embarassing. A couple more things while I'm venting: I can not stand the opposite end camera angle used during the shootout. Just terrible. You can never see whether the puck goes in or not. Will someone please tell the director to use the center ice camera for all penalty/shootout attempts. common sense !! I also have a gripe with the MBTA. The newburyport commuter rail train leaves at 9:30 which coincides with the typical ending time of the game. So, you need to choose between leaving the game early to catch the train or stick around and wait for the late train. Once again, this has been going on for years. You figure that the B's and MBTA could get together and maybe alter the train schedule on game nights to say 9:45-10:00pm. Wow, this venting feels great. Lets see, love the garden nachos and pretzels but the melted cheese is too spicy. Can we tone this down please ? I'm not looking for bland cheese but maybe something like Kraft shells and cheese type cheese (yum). How bout some new music during the game. Hey, Ron Poster I'm talking to you. Ron, I dont want to tell you how to do your job but that's supposed to be a major chord at "twighlights last gleaming", not the minor chord that you ALWAYS play. Just saying. Dont even get me started with Rene. Thats a different post for a different day. Bring back the Crunch N' Munch guy. Ok, so he's probably not a kid anymore but, he was entertaining and when it comes down to it I just want to be entertained. B's marketing department, I got some words for you too. Bring back the Bear commercials. They're FUNNY !!! Here's another one: open up the Garden (when available) during Bruins road games and televise them. Lower the score board about 30 feet, charge $5 for admission so we can afford to bring our families, cover the ice so kids can play on the sheet, sell concessions just like a regular game. Make it family freindly. Working guy like me cant afford to bring the whole family to the game but, this could be a great alternative family game experience. Keep everything else the same. I love it. All right that's it. I'm outa here ! 
    Posted by ed121501

Nothing like a little venting..... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

The threads on here just keep getting weirder and weirder.
    Posted by red75

Hey red --- aside from the result, how'd you like the game?  What did you end up doing with the sign?

Sections
Shortcuts