Flyers Goaltending

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Flyers Goaltending

It is their weak spot, hopefully the Bruins can expose this. I expect Brian Boucher to start, I just hope we don't see Micheal Leighton. A journeyman goaltender, he has lways played well against the Bruins, dating abck to his day in Carolina.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Re: Flyers Goaltending

It's Boucher all the way now.  He had one (very) bad game and looked good the rest of the time from what I saw.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Look up his career playoff stats. It might be a weakness but he is pretty reliable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

Boucher- .934 SVPCT%, 2.10 GAA, 4-1, 0 shutouts
    Thomas- .926 SVPCT%, 2.25 GAA, 4-3, 0 shutouts

Those are the stats from the first round. Im not trying to say that Boucher is the better goalie. Boston has the advantage in net no doubt.

Im trying to say that I think Laviolette handled the goalie situation poorly. I think he should have stuck with Bobrovsky. If he didnt trust Bobrovsky after game 2, then he should have just stuck with Boucher. Boucher had literally one bad period and then Peter decided to start a goalie who started one NHL game all season long. He just needs to stick with a goalie, and right now that would be Boucher

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I was wondering where Bobrovsky was, why did they give up on him so early..He saved their bacon earlier in the season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Compared to Carey Price, Bruins should light him up and see Leighton often.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Flyers Goaltending:
    [QUOTE]Compared to Carey Price, Bruins should light him up and see Leighton often.
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]

49th - I hope you're right.  The last thing we want to see is the Bruins' shooting make Boucher seem like the reincarnation of Terry Sawchuk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Absolutely kelvana.  As always, the Flyers stockpile forwards and goons, while overlooking the one position that kills them every year.  These teams are pretty evenly matched with the Flyers having a little more firepower, but the Bruins having a clear edge in the net.

Please, please, expose this weakness Bruins!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I'm not going to make any predictions based on the strength of the goaltending. Not since last year when I predicted that the Hawks would never win the Cup with Niemi in goal. Doh!

But, yeah. Leighton does seem to play well against the Bs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

I hope Boucher plays the entire series.  He was good for at least one soft goal per game last year.  Along with Krejci getting lit up by Rchards and Gagne's return, Boucher getting hurt was one of the turning points in last year's series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

In the Flyers case, its not the goalie...its how they rally after getting scored on.
    They expect goals against and channel energy into counter punching.

Note to CJ...no prevent Defence, prevents us from winning.

Sections
Shortcuts