Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs!

In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : It was funny watching him taunt the Hulk Hogan wannbe though! lol
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Hate Scott Hartnell, but that was funny.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : True.  It was Pens asst. coach Tony Granato who was standing on the bench ledge between the teams.  According to Maguire he was telling Laviolette to step down from his own perch.  Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Too bad Tony didn't challenge Laviolette. Granato would have been on the ice wondering what happened like his days in LA. I agree though the coaches yelling at each other is comical and foolish.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : Too bad Tony didn't challenge Laviolette. Granato would have been on the ice wondering what happened like his days in LA. I agree though the coaches yelling at each other is comical and foolish.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Emotions run high on the benches too. Think about how pissed you are at home during games sometimes. Now imagine you were on the bench instead. You might be snapping too. I know I would.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : Agreed - I'm not saying that Crosby wasn't in the wrong and didn't deserve the crosscheck.  I'm saying that I object to Laviolette wondering why oh why the Penguins were motivated to put some tough guys out at the end of the game. It seemed like a pretty obvious and predictable scenario to me. And the notion that the guy who sends Rinaldo and Sestito over the boards all season long has some objection to the Pens sending out some tough guys is laughable.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I'll bet Nathan Horton isn't laughing at this hug fest....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I would say much of the retalitory attacks on a clean hit comes from the fact that  many of the players don't see exactly how their team mate was hit - clean or not - and feel obliged to stick up for them.

Too many quick and 'lethal' head shots and fly-by hits in the game for a team mate to ignore. So they act how they see fit.

But there is some truth to guys sticking up for for their smaller players (Briere for example), whether legally smacked or not.

IMHO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : It was funny watching him taunt the Hulk Hogan wannbe though! lol
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

HEH. That guy was a blast from the past. Even the commentators were mocking him, tongue in cheek.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : Hate Scott Hartnell, but that was funny.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I hate him too but I did laugh at that one. I must admit, if he were a Bruin I would love him and he would have a huge cult like following. He's heck of a player too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i kinda liked hartnell until he lined up patrice game 4 last year. down 0-3 in the series, and down a couple in the final game he tries to get his ounce of flesh from bergy? this is a perfect example of players not having respect for each other. really, bergy? i lost all respect for him after that hit. it was as if he decided that "hey if we aren't going to be playing tommorrow, one of them won't be either". now all i want is for someone to bring harm to him, he's got it coming. similiar to our boy marchand, not many people outside of their own fanbase would be upset if someone handed them their butt. sounds like a job for mcquaid. one can dream.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]i kinda liked hartnell until he lined up patrice game 4 last year. down 0-3 in the series, and down a couple in the final game he tries to get his ounce of flesh from bergy? this is a perfect example of players not having respect for each other. really, bergy? i lost all respect for him after that hit. it was as if he decided that "hey if we aren't going to be playing tommorrow, one of them won't be either". now all i want is for someone to bring harm to him, he's got it coming. similiar to our boy marchand, not many people outside of their own fanbase would be upset if someone handed them their butt. sounds like a job for mcquaid. one can dream.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]I thought it was Giroux ? At least thats how i remember it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

A real battle royal, but much more interesting than any goon/staged fight. The playoffs could be interesting, but Engelland might not even dress unless the Flyers act up early on. Crosby, as usual, stimulates retaliations, and then bawls to the refs. I wish his skills could overcome his cheapness, but he still hasn't grown up. He is obviously a skilled player, but his personality, and attitude, leaves a lot to be desired.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : Emotions run high on the benches too. Think about how pissed you are at home during games sometimes. Now imagine you were on the bench instead. You might be snapping too. I know I would.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I was coaching in the mid-80's in Troy, Ohio in a rink that was built in the Stone Age, where the benches were open to the crowd, and some guy in the upper section started harrassing me... " Hey (X) you sukked as a goalie and you sukk as a coach!!"  I finally said "you're pretty tough 20 rows up!"  He stepped out into the stairway and I went up into the crowd.... followed by my entire bench, several Police and who knows who else.

We had the Full Milbury.

Coaches going at each other is not unheard of.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : I thought it was Giroux ? At least thats how i remember it. 
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

It was Giroux.

Briere out indefinitely with a "back contusion" tsn is reporting.  Flyers cant catch a break and yet very hard to feel sorry for them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Back contusion? What does that even mean? did Vitale somehow clip him with his skate?

By the way, Laviolette was fines $10k for his "antics."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392058

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Funny how the Flyers feel compelled to react to a legal hit like that. Lovi's reaction was due to not having the right players on the ice. Too bad the refs were so quick to react to Asham hunting down Rinaldo -- that would have been a joyous beat down. With that being said -- I wouldn't have minded if one of the B's had taken Callahan or Boyle to the barn after their supposed legal hits.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

It's two chippy teams being chippy. I am glad the B's have a tough team that most teams don't mess with after seeing stuff like that. 

The hit was completely clean, but apparently, Laviolette didn't like the 4th line out there at that point of the game, which is a pointless argument from him.  Who cares what line is out there and whose turn it is? It's not like it was a dirty play.

I gotta say, I don't like either club because each has some questionable players on there.   And I don't like Bylsma either.  He's a slimeball.

Let them beat each other up.  Good for us.

I do agree there is an ultra sensitivity now with any hit out there.  If the hit was dirty, by all means do your business and go after the responsible parties, but that wasn't the case here.

It's funny, the popular thing to do this year is to bash anything the Bs players do on the ice, but compare how the B's handle their business to other teams and the Bs look better than this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]i kinda liked hartnell until he lined up patrice game 4 last year. down 0-3 in the series, and down a couple in the final game he tries to get his ounce of flesh from bergy? this is a perfect example of players not having respect for each other. really, bergy? i lost all respect for him after that hit. it was as if he decided that "hey if we aren't going to be playing tommorrow, one of them won't be either". now all i want is for someone to bring harm to him, he's got it coming. similiar to our boy marchand, not many people outside of their own fanbase would be upset if someone handed them their butt. sounds like a job for mcquaid. one can dream.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

He's a tool. Can't stand Hartnell.  He's a worm.  I'd have respect if he fought and backed up his borderline chippy tactics.   He's one step away from Matt Cooke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i stand corrected, it was giroux that knocked bergy. either way, hartnell is a weasel. he's the flyer version of marchand. great skill set, questionable tactics. the sort of guy only his teammates like, and they love him. but hey, i love marchand as much as flyer fans probably love hartnell. oh well, there's atleast one of these guys on every team.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I don't see Hartnell stick up for himself, however.  That's a difference between he and Marchand.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see Hartnell stick up for himself, however.  That's a difference between he and Marchand.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]
    I agree here, the only time you see Hartnell drop the gloves is if they fall off by accident. I have seen Marchand stick up for himself. Hartnell always waits for the scrum and then hides behind somebody. I had to laugh the last time the flyers and Leafs played, Hartnell and Phaneuf were looking at each other and tapping  each other with their sticks with these "why i oughta" looks when really everyone knew they really weren't going to fight, what a pair of weasels. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : It was Giroux. Briere out indefinitely with a "back contusion" tsn is reporting.  Flyers cant catch a break and yet very hard to feel sorry for them.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]
    I will never feel sorry for the Flyers. Anything bad that happens to them they deserve.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see Hartnell stick up for himself, however.  That's a difference between he and Marchand.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]
    simply playing the devil's advocate here, let me start by saying marchand is one of my favorites. but, in two plus years of "instigating", he's only fought two or three times. my guess is hartnell's numbers are about the same. the real difference imo is when hartnell starts his antics, he skates away, or behind a ref. when marchand starts his antics, he doesn't flee, but four teammates are by his side immediately.    

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

adk, could it be that marchand's team mates won't let him fight and thats why his fighting numbers are low?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]adk, could it be that marchand's team mates won't let him fight and thats why his fighting numbers are low?
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    not sure if "they won't let him fight", but they certainly do have a pack mentality. this is what makes them so tough, they sacrifice for each other(all for one, one for all). i dare say of the 18 skaters- there's only 5 or 6 guys who will not drop gloves immediately (segy, krej, paille, poulliot, bergy,possibly corvo). that leaves 12 guys who will protect their teammates- no questions asked. i guess it all depends on who's doing the offending. if a big tough d-man takes a run at marchy, three guys will be there to protect him. if it's a big tough d-man like pk- they let him scrap. one thing is for certain... they've got each others backs! imagine the alternative, you could be the buffalo sabres. gutless

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : I agree here, the only time you see Hartnell drop the gloves is if they fall off by accident. I have seen Marchand stick up for himself. Hartnell always waits for the scrum and then hides behind somebody. I had to laugh the last time the flyers and Leafs played, Hartnell and Phaneuf were looking at each other and tapping  each other with their sticks with these "why i oughta" looks when really everyone knew they really weren't going to fight, what a pair of weasels. 
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

It reminds me of Robbie Alomar or some other pansy baseball player who would fake charge the mound and only try to when the catcher got in front of him to restrain him.

lmao

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flyers v. Pens Hug fest/Simmonds beatdown/Coaches going at it.... playoffs! : simply playing the devil's advocate here, let me start by saying marchand is one of my favorites. but, in two plus years of "instigating", he's only fought two or three times. my guess is hartnell's numbers are about the same. the real difference imo is when hartnell starts his antics, he skates away, or behind a ref. when marchand starts his antics, he doesn't flee, but four teammates are by his side immediately.    
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    That's typical because he is small and not a fighter. I am just saying, Marchand WILL back himself up, but I don't see that from Hartnell whatsoever. He's just a tool skating around with a perma-mullett looking for a bottle of Soul Glo.