Food vs Game night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Food vs Game night

I'm in the process of making what my family calls "  blanks famous Prime Rib"  Should be ready to go " medium rare"  by the time game starts. 
    I can't say it's the best game food for a Saturday game night as can be pricey if you buy top cut (For us Canadian Angus).
    My favorite with buddies and family is Chili ,  Ribs or any meat pulled in a sandwiches.

Of course with beer!

You guys/gals ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Food vs Game night

Poutine, chili nachos and beer - emphasis on poutine and beer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm in the process of becoming kind of vegetarian, health reasons.

As long as you have beer, the rest doesn't matter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Food vs Game night:
    [QUOTE]I'm in the process of making what my family calls "  blanks famous Prime Rib"  Should be ready to go " medium rare"  by the time game starts.  I can't say it's the best game food for a Saturday game night as can be pricey if you buy top cut (For us Canadian Angus). My favorite with buddies and family is Chili ,  Ribs or any meat pulled in a sandwiches. Of course with beer! You guys/gals ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

What, no $50 burgers ? It's just me and the tv tonight along with a bowl of cereal topped with an assortment of bran. Not as fancy as steaks but the bran will make me a happy man in the morning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Food vs Game night:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Food vs Game night : What, no $50 burgers ? It's just me and the tv tonight along with a bowl of cereal topped with an assortment of bran. Not as fancy as steaks but the bran will make me a happy man in the morning.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Great post!  Haha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Food vs Game night : What, no $50 burgers ? It's just me and the tv tonight along with a bowl of cereal topped with an assortment of bran. Not as fancy as steaks but the bran will make me a happy man in the morning.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

alright will be back in a bit , heck if I knew you were alone I would have invited you but no 50.00 $ burgers. I prefer a Harvey's burger if I had to go pick up.  Matter of fact that's what I had the other night before the Bruins-jets game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I have an upset stomach. 
    That 1st period and we were eating too fast.  Going down 2 goals and the food hit like a brick.
    and then came the 2 fast goals and it spelled R E L I E F.
    Now I'm upset again, nervous about Chara.  NO DESERT,  just a Scotch on the rocks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]I have an upset stomach.  That 1st period and we were eating too fast.  Going down 2 goals and the food hit like a brick. and then came the 2 fast goals and it spelled R E L I E F. Now I'm upset again, nervous about Chara.  NO DESERT,  just a Scotch on the rocks.

Oh my god.....I've have the worst stomach bug right now.  Just awful.  I've had 1/2 an english muffin.  That's all I've eaten today.  Lots of Gatorade.  I fell asleep in during the game and missed Z getting hurt.  I hope I'm better tomorrow because football games are no fun with no food.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food vs Game night : Oh my god.....I've have the worst stomach bug right now.  Just awful.  I've had 1/2 an english muffin.  That's all I've eaten today.  Lots of Gatorade.  I fell asleep in during the game and missed Z getting hurt.  I hope I'm better tomorrow because football games are no fun with no food.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    Get well soon (you and Zee).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Food vs Game night:
    [QUOTE]I'm in the process of making what my family calls "  blanks famous Prime Rib"  Should be ready to go " medium rare"  by the time game starts.  I can't say it's the best game food for a Saturday game night as can be pricey if you buy top cut (For us Canadian Angus). My favorite with buddies and family is Chili ,  Ribs or any meat pulled in a sandwiches. Of course with beer! You guys/gals ?

Last night we made homemade gnocchi with vodka sauce, roast chicken and a wedge salad for the game. Today homemade tagiatelle and truffle butter sauce for the Pats. We do it big.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Food vs Game night : Last night we made homemade gnocchi with vodka sauce, roast chicken and a wedge salad for the game. Today homemade tagiatelle and truffle butter sauce for the Pats. We do it big.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

You're making me hungry .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food vs Game night : alright will be back in a bit , heck if I knew you were alone I would have invited you but no 50.00 $ burgers. I prefer a Harvey's burger if I had to go pick up.  Matter of fact that's what I had the other night before the Bruins-jets game.

Never ate with a rich guy before. Too far to travel so next game just send pictures.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Food vs Game night : Last night we made homemade gnocchi with vodka sauce, roast chicken and a wedge salad for the game. Today homemade tagiatelle and truffle butter sauce for the Pats. We do it big.

You make your own food?

I've often wondered how people do that.

Seriously, how?  I worked in a kitchen way back when, so I know how to use a knife.  I also made the roux for the cooks, 40 lbs. of butter and then flour to make a paste in a 75 gallon kettle.

How the heck do you get started when you don't know any recipes?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I blame Fluto for this.

Legion, I have never had a Harvey's burger I didn't hate.  Their patties have some sort of membrane around them that makes biting into them like crunching a grasshopper between your teeth (Jalvis - you might want to stop here) and having the guts squirt down the back of your throat.  Just awful.

Slow cooked chili pulled pork in sandwiches or just topped with onions and a side of roast potatoes or sweet potatoes is always a good bet if I'm at home.  I don't have a go-to take out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]I blame Fluto for this. Legion, I have never had a Harvey's burger I didn't hate.  Their patties have some sort of membrane around them that makes biting into them like crunching a grasshopper between your teeth (Jalvis - you might want to stop here) and having the guts squirt down the back of your throat.  Just awful. Slow cooked chili pulled pork in sandwiches or just topped with onions and a side of roast potatoes or sweet potatoes is always a good bet if I'm at home.  I don't have a go-to take out.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

i was thinking the same thing when i was reading his post.  i only ate at harvey's once.  the ads said "canada's best burgers", so i ordered a double.  i had to drink a lot of soda and eat a lot of fries to get that awful taste out of my mouth.  talk about false advertisement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I blame Fluto for this. Legion, I have never had a Harvey's burger I didn't hate.  Their patties have some sort of membrane around them that makes biting into them like crunching a grasshopper between your teeth (Jalvis - you might want to stop here) and having the guts squirt down the back of your throat.  Just awful. Slow cooked chili pulled pork in sandwiches or just topped with onions and a side of roast potatoes or sweet potatoes is always a good bet if I'm at home.  I don't have a go-to take out.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

ok ok ... I was trying to downplay the 50.00 Kobe beef with duck fois-gras that Chowdah seems to think I have 3 times a week.
    As for Harvey's (fave of the fast foods)  I was only comparing it to McDonalds and Burger King.  I do crave for a BigMac once in a while but that I don't consider it a burger.
    The slow cooked pulled pork is up my valley, Like I said any pulled meat sandwich and I'm ready to watch the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I see a pasta man!  That I save for Sundays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food vs Game night : ok ok ... I was trying to downplay the 50.00 Kobe beef with duck fois-gras that Chowdah seems to think I have 3 times a week. As for Harvey's I was only comparing it to McDonalds and Burger King.  I do crave for a BigMac once in a while but that I don't consider a burger. The slow cooked pulled pork is up my valley, Like I said any pulled meat sandwich and I'm ready to watch the game.

Don't be apologetic for what your taste buds tell you. Out of all the fast food burger joints I like Harvey's burgers the best also. Of course in my case my stomach ain't too fussy . I'll eat them all .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They're all god awful, really, but usually the less complicated meat and cheese burgers go down alright - Wendy's triple cheese or even McDonald's doubles.  If I need a brick to sit in my gut and make room for beer, there are worse things.

Better to get take out from a local pub that makes a 1/2 burger with bacon, mushrooms, sauteed onions and a whack of cheese.  If I have room for fries, I'm not doing something right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food vs Game night : You make your own food? I've often wondered how people do that. Seriously, how?  I worked in a kitchen way back when, so I know how to use a knife.  I also made the roux for the cooks, 40 lbs. of butter and then flour to make a paste in a 75 gallon kettle. How the heck do you get started when you don't know any recipes?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

With love????

Kidding, my father graduated college as a Chef and hotel restaurant manager learned alot from him. GF Loves to cook for some reason. Watch alot of cooking channel etc... Buy the right tools IE Kitchen Aid mixer thing with pasta attachment.

Its cheaper, better (and better for you) and fun to do. Just cleaning is meh.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food vs Game night : I see a pasta man!  That I save for Sundays.

Haha not really. Im Irish/Sweedish favorite combo includes meat/fish and potatoes.

GF is Irish/English so how we get together and make italian style dinners is baffling to me, but we make it work haha......

Although, you could take us out for those fois gras burgers . You rich sob.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food vs Game night : Haha not really. Im Irish/Sweedish favorite combo includes meat/fish and potatoes. GF is Irish/English so how we get together and make italian style dinners is baffling to me, but we make it work haha...... Although, you could take us out for those fois gras burgers . You rich sob.

Hee hee . That's what the rumour is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I'm with BsLegion: a good single-malt with one ice cube hits the spot for me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

darn 7pm games. All I had for supper was 2 Tim Horton donuts.  Yeah yeah I know real healthy.  Maybe after the game ...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Sorry to bother everyone, but what channel is the game on the Bell Hockey Package.

thanks

Sections
Shortcuts