For a physical team, they aren't playing very physical

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

For a physical team, they aren't playing very physical

Where is the edge?  Are they saving it, or just being lazy at the moment?  For a team whose identity is to be physical and chippy in order to win games, they haven't been playing that way and the results bear it out.  Where are my Bruins?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Re: For a physical team, they aren't playing very physical

Combination of replacing Horton with Hamill then Hennesy then Camper, and also not knowing when Shanny's going to make an example of them again, I would guess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to For a physical team, they aren't playing very physical:
    [QUOTE]Where is the edge?  Are they saving it, or just being lazy at the moment?  For a team whose identity is to be physical and chippy in order to win games, they haven't been playing that way and the results bear it out.  Where are my Bruins?
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Actually, referring to the Bruins as a physical team isn't really accurate. The last time I checked the Bruins were ranked 25th in the NHL in hits. That "identity" is more about appearances and image than actual physical play. If you think of a team with Lucic, Chara and Thornton on it's roster, the assumption becomes that must be a physical team... that's just not reality. I've been disappointed in the lack of commitment to simple fundamentals like finishing checks and taking the body when called for. Then when I checked, I found that this is really the norm and not the drop-off I assumed it was. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: For a physical team, they aren't playing very physical:
    [QUOTE]In Response to For a physical team, they aren't playing very physical : Actually, referring to the Bruins as a physical team isn't really accurate. The last time I checked the Bruins were ranked 25th in the NHL in hits. That "identity" is more about appearances and image than actual physical play. If you think of a team with Lucic, Chara and Thornton on it's roster, the assumption becomes that must be a physical team... that's just not reality. I've been disappointed in the lack of commitment to simple fundamentals like finishing checks and taking the body when called for. Then when I checked, I found that this is really the norm and not the drop-off I assumed it was.   
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Good points.  I guess I just want them to be the most hated team in the league again.  Right now they are just vanilla.  I know it's impossible to play their style every game, but it's been missing too much lately.  Time to get in someone's face tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

I have been waiting for this thread!  Where is the BIG hit during a game. Boychuck used to do one once every 2 games or so. I haven't seen the "game changing" keep your head up hit in months.  Scott Stevens was the best at it (see cup rings for proof). 

The Bruins are being outhit almost every game. Krejci had the best hit the other night. Simply unacceptable!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Last season they never really brought out the hardcore physical game until the playoffs. It may be a pacing thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Last season they never really brought out the hardcore physical game until the playoffs. It may be a pacing thing.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    That's exactly right. Finishing every check is exhausting and near impossible to do for 82+ games. If the Bruins were letting up a bit physically in the playoffs, then I'd be concerned. They're finishing up a 6 game road trip in February so I'm not that surprised that the home teams were able to get the physical edge on them some nights. That said, they played a strong physical game against the Blues and they're going to finish up this trip with another strong one tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Don't want injuries... but more likely don't want penalties. Our game has been off since Vancouver. No one knows where it went?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Great thread! They NEVER finish checks. Seidenburg was a beast last year and I haven't seen anything close to him being like that. When Krejci is out there banging and no one else is there is something wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For a physical team, they aren't playing very physical : That's exactly right. Finishing every check is exhausting and near impossible to do for 82+ games. If the Bruins were letting up a bit physically in the playoffs, then I'd be concerned. They're finishing up a 6 game road trip in February so I'm not that surprised that the home teams were able to get the physical edge on them some nights. That said, they played a strong physical game against the Blues and they're going to finish up this trip with another strong one tonight.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

This is a fact. But I just wish they would lay it all out there for one game, a big game, like tonight, just to show everyone that they can be that team. So much of their scoring comes from forechecking bodies out of the way. It opens up more space and creates better shots. Then that leads to rebounds and dirty goals going in. I know the offence would get a big boost if they would just bring the physical play for 60 minutes. Consider tonight a playoff tune-up

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The physical game will be there when it's needed. Other teams aren't playing Boston physical, either. There's usually 1-2 game a night where physical play is on the forefront. The vast majority are played exactly the way we see the Bruins playing.

Save it...make sure there's gas in the tank at the end.

12. This post has been removed.