For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Re: For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???

Ehrhoff would be sweet but there's no way PC gives him enough money and he just had his rights traded to NYI...

I kind of get the feeling PC doesn't want to get into the overpaying frenzy, which might result in Caron and Kampfer getting jobs...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Re: For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???

Detroit will be hot all over Kaberle. They like ex Bruin d-men, see B. Stuart

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky10. Show eyeinthesky10's posts

Expect Kampfer and Caron to get serious playing time next year.  players will be available at the deadline and Kaberle at 4 yrs/16M is a waste of $.  Big Papa, hopefully you will not see any of those old guys in a spoked B for 1 year, NAS is right.  Gagne makes me gag. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I say give the young guys in there system a chance to play..I think Caron was close last year..He could be this years Marchand..Let Kampher get some playing

time the kid has skill.If they have not stepped up by The deadline look to get someone then.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???:
    In Response to Re: For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now??? : Spooner and Knight have next to zero pro experience.  This isn't the '93 Senators.  This is the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins...and they have cap room. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Nas my point is replacing ryder is easy and cheaper with one of those kids along with rechhi i think caron gets that spot. Again my point was there was not a whole lotta points goals lost between the 2. The team if anything needs to replace savard if hes done, whether is thru fa or trade and it wont be cheap,
    such as richards as an example. I dont see this team needing anything else added to that 3rd to 4th line and if anything maybe a depth d man and theres not much left out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

If Kaberle is not a Bruin:

Jovanoski ( pending contract)
    Andy Greene ( younger player)

Dougie Hamilton
    may surprise the office suits this training camp or we can seek after another young d man also ie Bognosian plus the d we have in prov. andrelov bartowski penner kampfer cohen these 7 is a good d crop in prov.

To replace Rechhi's experience:

Arnott or Langenbrunner

For our third or fourth line duties:
    Upshall or Talbot

( if too much money then let the prov. boys battle it out to show who is willing to be a 3B , a little grit and competition will keep prov. players playing hard all season they will all want the big job)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Ive been a fan of adding Upshall for some time. I thought he would've been a good trade deadline pick over kelly or peverley( I was admittedly wrong about peverley).

He would fill in great on that third line.

Peverley-krejci-lucic - They won you the cup keep em together
    Horton-Bergy-marchand - Horton creates more balance
    Seguin-Peverley-Upshall - Upshall adds the grit
    Thorton-Soupy-Paille - Great 4th line, caron can get spot duty against smaller teams where thorty is useless.
    (caron)

For defense I like A. Greene or still Wiz would be my favorite and 2/10mil would be OK with me to add someone with his skill set. Reliable, tough, moves the puck and shoots really well.

Chara-Wiz
    Siedes-Boychuck
    ference-mcq
    (Kampfer-Bartkowski)

Hamilton IMO must go back to JR. He's only 18 and will most likely grow a bit more in height and at 6'5 195 he needs to fill out more with NHL Forwards like Ovechkin 230lbs banging on him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Chris Drury.

NYR are buying him out, effectively making him a UFA...when healthy, he'd make a great Recchi replacement.

Dougie Hamilton will crack the squad and will play Kaberle's minutes (10-12 per game) - and could not do any worse

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Why do so many people on this board want to wait until the trade deadline?  There are guys out there that they can get and not give anything up.  Who or what do you want the Bruins to trade at the deadline? 

Save a spot for Spooner on this roster, this kid would have made the roster last year instead of Seguin if Tyler wasn't the 2nd overall pick in the draft!  I believe that Peter needs to focus on the D.  Wisnewski would be my first choice of the FA's.   

Replacing Ryder and Recchi's production in the regular season shouldn't be terribly difficult.  Does Caron, Sauve, Spooner, Arniel, etc... have 15 goals in their stick?  Obviously you will not replace Rex's leadership.  I would like to see PC sign a big body banger for up front, someone to skate alongside Marshmont and Bergie to keep teams in check, play a "Downie" role for that line.  The Squirrel will be a marked man, even moreso this upcoming season, he is gonna need some muscle on that line with him.

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergeron Rupp/Greier/Torres?
    Spooner Peverly Seguin
    Kelly Campbell Thornton/Paille

Chara Boychuk
    Wisniewski Seidenberg
    Ference McQuaid

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now???:
    Why do so many people on this board want to wait until the trade deadline?  There are guys out there that they can get and not give anything up.  Who or what do you want the Bruins to trade at the deadline?  Save a spot for Spooner on this roster, this kid would have made the roster last year instead of Seguin if Tyler wasn't the 2nd overall pick in the draft!  I believe that Peter needs to focus on the D.  Wisnewski would be my first choice of the FA's.    Replacing Ryder and Recchi's production in the regular season shouldn't be terribly difficult.  Does Caron, Sauve, Spooner, Arniel, etc... have 15 goals in their stick?  Obviously you will not replace Rex's leadership.  I would like to see PC sign a big body banger for up front, someone to skate alongside Marshmont and Bergie to keep teams in check, play a "Downie" role for that line.  The Squirrel will be a marked man, even moreso this upcoming season, he is gonna need some muscle on that line with him. Lucic Krejci Horton Marchand Bergeron Rupp/Greier/Torres? Spooner Peverly Seguin Kelly Campbell Thornton/Paille Chara Boychuk Wisniewski Seidenberg Ference McQuaid
    Posted by MeanE

Rupp/Greier/Torres?
    one guy on that list is possible.  :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Talks have broken down between Isles and Ehrhoff!  Wisniewski rights to C Bus for a 7th.  Kaberle's rights not wanted?  Drury gets bought out.  Lots of good off season drama unfolding.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

No offense but most of the names being bandied about are beyond awful for, as NAS duly noted, the reigning cup champs. Jovo, Arnott, Langenbrunner are all older than dirt and slower than even Adam McQuaid. Rupp, Greier, and Torres are all hard-nosed and hard-working players who would fit on a fourth line and nothing more.

We also know well that Claude Julien won't run with a bunch of rookies on this team either. The B's will be as they always are ... frugal (and reasonably sharp) on the free agents with one or two rookies max in the lineup. No way this team runs out there with all of Spooner, Arniel, Knight, Hamilton, Caron, and Kampfer out. One of these guys will make it, but nothing more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

No offense but most of the names being bandied about are beyond awful for, as NAS duly noted, the reigning cup champs. Jovo, Arnott, Langenbrunner are all older than dirt and slower than even Adam McQuaid. Rupp, Greier, and Torres are all hard-nosed and hard-working players who would fit on a fourth line and nothing more. We also know well that Claude Julien won't run with a bunch of rookies on this team either. The B's will be as they always are ... frugal (and reasonably sharp) on the free agents with one or two rookies max in the lineup. No way this team runs out there with all of Spooner, Arniel, Knight, Hamilton, Caron, and Kampfer out. One of these guys will make it, but nothing more.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory

No Way these Bruins will run out there with Seguin, Marchand, McQuaid, Caron, Kampfer, and Bartowski.  Close to 300 games played by rookies.  Like the Canadian Kid with the funny lettuce says, Never say Never. 

As far as most names being mentioned being awful, we will agree to disagree.  I think there is a place on the second/third line for hard working players that know their role.  Having a hard worker who likes to hit and create space for Bergeron and Marchand will be a huge asset for this club.  Can Caron be that guy, I am not sure?  Would I like a big, rugged veteran winger to plug in between the top line and the 4th line, you betcha.  My thoughts on some of these lower tier UFA's is that they will not command the high salary of the more talented forwards like Cole, Upshall, Gagne, etc...  Thus they can remain frugal in the FA market. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Fair enough MeanE, and I've always enjoyed your comments. Nothing really to challenge. I will point out that there are only two open positions and they did deal for Chris Kelly and Rich Peverely, who are good bottom pairing guys. Perhaps Peverly slides to the second line and then one of the good bargains moves into the bottom two lines.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now??? : No Way these Bruins will run out there with Seguin, Marchand, McQuaid, Caron, Kampfer, and Bartowski.  Close to 300 games played by rookies. 
    Posted by MeanE

Pro experience prior to last season:  Marchand had 113, McQuaid had 178

Seguin spent most of his time watching from the bench or the press box, and is also a special case.  Caron managed some NHL games and was sent to Providence.  Kampfer played his role okay, but wasn't much of a factor.  I have no idea why Bartkowski and his six NHL games made the list.

My point?

Caron has some NHL experience.  Spooner and Knight have a few AHL games (three each).  To expect these guys to make the jump just because there were other rookies on the NHL team the year prior is short sighted.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I'd like to see them bring in Wisniewski or Erhoff and I can't really think of a forward to bring in. I really wanted to see Laich but now that he's re-signed I'm thinking maybe give the real spot to Caron instead of making him the 13th forward.

Lucici - Krejci - Horton
    Mochmont - Bergeron - Seguin
    Peverley - Kelly - Caron
    Thornton - Campbell - Paille

Chara - Seidenberg
    Wisniewski/Erhoff - Boychuk
    Ference - McQuaid

On a similiar note, I don't understand why so many of you want to mess with KHL and the fourth line. Why on earth would you sit Paille unless you really needed to? He's our fastest skater and best penalty killer. And why in God's name would you split up KHL? That line was dynamite throughout the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: For all the Brooks Laich and Joni Pitkanen fans, who do you guys want now??? : Pro experience prior to last season:  Marchand had 113, McQuaid had 178 Seguin spent most of his time watching from the bench or the press box, and is also a special case.  Caron managed some NHL games and was sent to Providence.  Kampfer played his role okay, but wasn't much of a factor.  I have no idea why Bartkowski and his six NHL games made the list. My point? Caron has some NHL experience.  Spooner and Knight have a few AHL games (three each).  To expect these guys to make the jump just because there were other rookies on the NHL team the year prior is short sighted.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Short Sighted?  My point was in response to "We also know well that Claude Julien won't run with a bunch of rookies on this team either." not that these guys would make the jump because there were other rookies on the NHL team the year prior.  There was no mention in the statement I was referring to about pro games played. As I said before, I believe Spooner outplayed Seguin last year in camp and would have stuck with the B's if Tyler wasn't #2 overalll.  That being said, I feel that Spooner will make the team, not based on his or anyone elses pro experience, but for the fact that he is that good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just a few of guys I haven't seen brought up who could be good fits.

Chris Higgins - he was effective on the second line of the Canucks and was one of the few guys who actually played with character in that series. Could be a good replacement for Ryder.

Joel Ward - had a fantastic playoffs, and could finally have turned the page and come into his own. Tonnes of grit too.

Jonathan Ericcson - could be a nice fit in at 4th D. Has some great wheels.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sviola877. Show sviola877's posts

Eric Cole has grown on me, good bite, has a little leadership in him, I think would fit well with Brad and Burgy, or the third line, still like Andy Green, and who really needs the power play when your clicking at a mighty 8% and you win the Cup?

Sections
Shortcuts