For Claude Julien to read. (no one else)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

For Claude Julien to read. (no one else)

I may have a way to fix your Power Play...

Since everyone here thinks the 4th line is so good late in games with the pressure on, and deserves more ice time.... Maybe you should put them on the Power Play!!! Dont tell me that doesnt sound like a great idea. Its obvious the first two lines arent getting it done and its starting to become embarrassing. To many, the first two lines arent getting the job done late in games , either.

In closing. I feel that if the 4th line cant win us the game late, maybe they could get us a few PP goals with their "energy", so the first and second lines could get more shifts, late in the game, when we dont need them to score.

This will surely satisfy our power play haters and our 4th line lovers and we can get back to "hate jack edwards" and "trade away our junk" threads.

Sincerely,

The Shepherd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Re: For Claude Julien to read. (no one else)

All kidding aside...

The way marchand has been playing. and the way he can work in the corners...
    I would love to see him just get a few opportunites on the PP and work with krejci and lucic or horton for a few. JUst to try it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Dear Shephard,

I agree that Marchand has worked the corners well and had a lot of energy for us this year. But PP's are more about puck possession and moving the puck around the box along with shooting. I don't think work in the corners and energy plays a big part in having a successful PP as much as the other skills mentioned above. If Marchand could bring those other skills to our PP then it would be a good idea.

Thanks for your suggestion !

Sincerely Claude Julien 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Ive suggested Chara in front.

A little marchand on PP.

Ive suggest the upside down umbrella.

Ive suggested we call bruce boudreau.

Is there anything esle we can do to get a decent power play? we would win 10-15 more games a year if we could get in the top 3 in pp%

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I think it's more of the players on the ice more then the system . The system is no different then what is being used around the NHL. These players just have to step up and start burying some of their chances. The chances have been there , finishing them is another story. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Gentlmen, there's no real quarterback on the B's PP !  A mobile, heads up
     D-man that can shoot , pass , or stall until a player gets free.

That's how the power play will improve.  How do we get this super Quarterback
      in Boston...you have to trade quality for quality. What position is Boston strongest at? Find the expendable player(s) and one of our 2011 draftpicks and
    make the pitch for Shea Weber or Yandl, or anyone else that will meet our
    needs.

Chara is over played ! He was playing about 4 minutes less per game when he won the Conne Smyth as best Defenceman!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: For Claude Julien to read. (no one else):
     Gentlmen, there's no real quarterback on the B's PP !  A mobile, heads up  D-man that can shoot , pass , or stall until a player gets free.  That's how the power play will improve.  How do we get this super Quarterback   in Boston...you have to trade quality for quality. What position is Boston strongest at? Find the expendable player(s) and one of our 2011 draftpicks and make the pitch for Shea Weber or Yandl, or anyone else that will meet our needs. Chara is over played ! He was playing about 4 minutes less per game when he won the Norris trophy as best Defenceman!
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

Sections
Shortcuts