For Red

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

For Red

I went to the Hockey Heroes fundraiser for Heart and Stroke yesterday and have to say that Dale Hawerchuk was a class act On and off the ice. He took the time to talk to everyone, sign autographs and pose for pictures, almost all the stars were phenomenal and made themselves available.  From Paul Coffey, Marcel Dionne, Al Iafrate, Wendell Clark to Brad May, it was awesome to see them walking around our small rink. 

I say almost everyone, the biggest disappointment was our very own Ray Bourque...my son and several others waited 35 min for #77 to come out and sign autographs, when he did come out he literally walked right by them and out the back door.  Even Ron Duguay signed some autographs!   Very disappointed in Ray.  BTW, he was horrible on the ice.  Hawerchuk looked great in his old Jets sweater!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: For Red

Sorry to hear that about Ray, very actually.

As for Ducky, I've had a few encounters with him in my life and he has been a class act every single time

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

BTW you have any pictures? And was his Jets jersey an iold school one?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

I do and meant to post them this morning. Leave it with me!  I can never seem to upload them from an iPad. Any tips?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Yes it was old school.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Steve Shutt was great too...regardless of the jersey. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

i have a few more for ya 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Wow - I miss seeing that smile. Thnaks, Nola.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Nolakanookie's comment:

I went to the Hockey Heroes fundraiser for Heart and Stroke yesterday and have to say that Dale Hawerchuk was a class act On and off the ice. He took the time to talk to everyone, sign autographs and pose for pictures, almost all the stars were phenomenal and made themselves available.  From Paul Coffey, Marcel Dionne, Al Iafrate, Wendell Clark to Brad May, it was awesome to see them walking around our small rink. 

I say almost everyone, the biggest disappointment was our very own Ray Bourque...my son and several others waited 35 min for #77 to come out and sign autographs, when he did come out he literally walked right by them and out the back door.  Even Ron Duguay signed some autographs!   Very disappointed in Ray.  BTW, he was horrible on the ice.  Hawerchuk looked great in his old Jets sweater!

Dale Hawerchuk...wow what agreat NHL career ..a heck of a player ..I rememberbat his 1st season I picked him in a hockey pool and won the pool thanks to Dale ...what a player !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Blo_3ojciaaey_z

They held a draft last Friday at a local bar, local teams got to select an NHLer to play on their team for the tournament.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Does anyone here remember the Oiler / Jets quater's of 82 and 83 ?  Those were the hay days of the mighty Oilers but the  Jets took the Oilers to 7 games both years. The Jets were so close to the Oilers. They had a very good club. Those were excellant hockey games to watch   ( I had to watch them as they were the games being broadcast )...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Blo_3ojciaaey_z

They held a draft last Friday at a local bar, local teams got to select an NHLer to play on their team for the tournament.

Everyone knows the rest of the guys but who's the Sabre?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Blo_3ojciaaey_z

[/QUOTE]

Looks like Brad May. Danny Gare perhaps? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Brad May

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How the F does Brad May even get into that rink?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Blo_3ojciaaey_z

[/QUOTE]

Looks like Brad May. Danny Gare perhaps? 

[/QUOTE]

Yep.......and Ron Duguay beside Clark on the far side.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

How the F does Brad May even get into that rink?

I guess the same reason as Ken Belanger and Denis Vial!  not to mention Sergio Momesso and Gilbert Dionne!  at least they signed autographs!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I love Gilbert Dionne.  He was the final piece with Leclair and Desjardins in the Recchi and a 3rd rounder to Montreal deal.  Such a hosejob by Philly.

(Note:  Later, the Flyers sent Dainus Zubrus to Montreal for Recchi straight up.  The end result of the deals.  The Flyers trade Dainus Zubrus for Recchi, Leclair, Desjardins and good ol' Gilbert Dionne.)