For the record...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

For the record...

Seguin had a tape-to-tape, cross-ice pass the other night that was better than anything anyone else had done with the puck in weeks.

He followed it up with an aggressive forecheck, a steal, and a scoring chance.

If I remember correctly, he then sat for about 20 minutes.

It was almost like he was being punished.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: For the record...

In Response to For the record...:
    [QUOTE]Seguin had a tape-to-tape, cross-ice pass the other night that was better than anything anyone else had done with the puck in weeks. He followed it up with an aggressive forecheck, a steal, and a scoring chance. If I remember correctly, he then sat for about 20 minutes. It was almost like he was being punished.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]
    Problem is......he didn't get to the red line, then chip it in along the boards. When you play Clods system, you first have to have your creativity surgically removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to For the record...:
    [QUOTE]Seguin had a tape-to-tape, cross-ice pass the other night that was better than anything anyone else had done with the puck in weeks. He followed it up with an aggressive forecheck, a steal, and a scoring chance. If I remember correctly, he then sat for about 20 minutes. It was almost like he was being punished.

What do you expect from a coach who can not decide whether he should play Seguin or Paille (of garbage).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It is quite apparent to me now that CJ only acts tough with the rookies, vets get a pass every time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The longest break between shifts for Seguin was 6 minutes.  His average break was 2:41.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

In Response to Re: For the record...:
    [QUOTE]The longest break between shifts for Seguin was  6 minutes .  His average break was 2:41.  
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I guess the easiest way for me to respond is to ask you this, do you watch the games, or do you read the score sheets? Because not all shift changes are created equal. I respect your factual response, I just think it's almost meaningless in the context of the actual flow of the game. 

So let me also ask you, are you saying you think he has played sufficient minutes in the right situations? If so, we'll have to agree to disagree and I hope his promotion to 2nd line will help prove the point. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

No, I'd want to see him out more, but your post was hyperbole at best; an outright falsehood at worst.  Terrible place to start an discussion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Huh, I just took another look.  The only forwards to get appreciably more even-strength ice time than Seguin were Krejčí and Lucic.  It seems now the main difference between what fans want and what Julien has done is power-play time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't really have a problem with Seguin playing limited minutes as he is eased into the league.  I would like to see his ice time expanded a little and I think it will be as he (apparently) plays with Bergeron on the 2nd line.  But I get the concept.

What I do have a problem with is what was already mentioned once above -- that rookies are punished for any mistakes on this team and veterans always seem to get a free pass.

It seems like Seguin, Caron, and Marchand play to a different standard than any of the other guys.  I understand that if Bergeron makes a mistake he probably doesn't need to have it drilled into him, as he likely already knows what he did.  But still, I think the punishment and regular in-game benchings are stifling the kids a bit.  I am in favor of loosening the reins on the rookies a little...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]No, I'd want to see him out more, but your post was hyperbole at best; an outright falsehood at worst.  Terrible place to start an discussion.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

My goodness, a "6 minute" break in between shifts, IN BETWEEN COMMERCIALS WHEN THE PLAYERS ARE RESTING AND THE COACH PUTS THEM BACK OUT THERE OUT OF ORDER, BECAUSE HE WANTS CERTAIN PLAYERS ON THE ICE, AND ONE OF THEM AIN'T SEGUIN, and you get like this?

GFYDBag.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record... : My goodness, a "6 minute" break in between shifts, IN BETWEEN COMMERCIALS WHEN THE PLAYERS ARE RESTING AND THE COACH PUTS THEM BACK OUT THERE OUT OF ORDER, BECAUSE HE WANTS CERTAIN PLAYERS ON THE ICE, AND ONE OF THEM AIN'T SEGUIN, and you get like this? GFYDBag.  
    Wow.You could just admit you were wrong instead of acting like a child.But hey....whatever works for you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record... : Wow.You could just admit you were wrong instead of acting like a child.But hey....whatever works for you.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

20 minutes != 20 minutes of play time.

man, some of you are dumb.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record... : 20 minutes != 20 minutes of play time. man, some of you are dumb.
    obviously I'm too dumb to get the new math.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

You meant 20 minutes of real time?  That is an unusual thing to mean.  Even so, that wasn't what happened then.  The shift before the 6 minutes not playing was the one where Kampfer was boarded.  So 2 minutes with him not out because of the powerplay (which still seems crazy).  Not sure why it went another 4, I'll have to go back and look at the footage to see who else was on the ice instead.

Would you really have had him out there instead of the KHL line (top scoring line this season) or the Bergeron line (scoring most lately, and was probably out there against Getzlaf after the PP expired).

It just irks me how often people come on here and complain about Julien not shortening the bench or not playing so-and-so and then you go back and check and it simply isn't true.

Cheers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]It just irks me how often people come on here and complain about Julien not shortening the bench or not playing so-and-so and then you go back and check and it simply isn't true. Cheers.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

A few extra minutes for Seguin won't solve this teams' problems... the whole team needs to start giving 100% for the full 60 minutes every night.

I'm baffled that some fans come on here and bash other fans just because they have a different view... what is that about?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record... : A few extra minutes for Seguin won't solve this teams' problems... the whole team needs to start giving 100% for the full 60 minutes every night. I'm baffled that some fans come on here and bash other fans just because they have a different view... what is that about?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    I think you're crazy for thinking that.....lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]You meant 20 minutes of real time?  That is an unusual thing to mean.  Even so, that wasn't what happened then.  The shift before the 6 minutes not playing was the one where Kampfer was boarded.  So 2 minutes with him not out because of the powerplay (which still seems crazy).  Not sure why it went another 4, I'll have to go back and look at the footage to see who else was on the ice instead. Would you really have had him out there instead of the KHL line (top scoring line this season) or the Bergeron line (scoring most lately, and was probably out there against Getzlaf after the PP expired). It just irks me how often people come on here and complain about Julien not shortening the bench or not playing so-and-so and then you go back and check and it simply isn't true. Cheers.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

It was hard for many people to believe that  it could make a difference to switch quarterbacks when you had the same offensive line, running backs and wide receivers as Drew Bledsoe had but woops, it sure did. 

Cheers.

Sections
Shortcuts