For those blaming the coach...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

For those blaming the coach...

The Canadiens are winning being led by a coach who is even more dry and conservative.  Coaching hasn't been the difference here, execution has been.  They players have made mistakes and lost games.  They need to step up.  On the plus side, Krejci's comments today sounded calm and composed.  If he can deliver a big game, things will look different tommorow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: For those blaming the coach...

Okay I can live with this although part of the blame has to go to the coach. Not being outcoached, the players are being outplayed.
    If Krejci (Mr. Composed) cannot get passed Plekanec then he's far from being a no1 center.  That's what no1 centers do, fight through checking.
    Anyway, as I stated yesterday,  Julien did match Krejci away many times (so Julien did try and do his job) against their 4th line,  THEIR 4TH LINE, well the Bruins 1st line could not contain them and gave a up a goal to make it 3-1.
    That was the end of that game.
    Now,  the PP,  horrible all freakin year. I'm sorry but this is solely on the coaching staff and will be their Achilles heel. 

p.s. seems like Horton cought this same virus as Chara.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Like Legion says:The PP falls directly on the coaching staff. Over the last 30 games no team has worried about the B's PP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Anemic power play + poor game 1 strategy = CJ gets fired unless they make a comeback in this series. I've defended CJ most of the year but these two major faults will be his downfall, just hope we don't hire an Uncle Dave again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You know I've never been a fan of this type of hockey. I hated when the Devils beat the Bs back in the 90s with that trap system. I was hoping after the lock-out and the removing of the 2line pass it would have change and it didn't.
    When Claude came in and the Bruins started winning he got my support,  not because I liked their trap but because he's was the coach of the team I go for and would support the system.
    Now if they have to get a new coach let it be somewhat like a Tortarella or Laviolette.  They've proved their system can be defensive and easier to change in game when they need  goal. 
    Julien did try to change at times during the season when needed gaols,  right now the team isn't following or executing any longer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm not talking about whether CJ will be fired if they lose, I'm saying that the last two losses have more to do with players making errors and not executing.  Julien can't control what his D (almost all of them) decide to do when they get the puck and cough it up, and he can't control that his top line decided to no- show.  The PP he can take a little blame, but his teams have had a successful PP in the past.  DK really needs to deliver.  He has shown the ability in the past playoffs, he needs to come through tonight.  Same with Looch.  The Molson Centre should be ready to kill Milan by the end of tonight's game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to For those blaming the coach...:
    [QUOTE]The Canadiens are winning being led by a coach who is even more dry and conservative.  Coaching hasn't been the difference here, execution has been.  They players have made mistakes and lost games.  They need to step up.  On the plus side, Krejci's comments today sounded calm and composed.  If he can deliver a big game, things will look different tommorow.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

What did Krejci say?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It's in the 'positively upbeat' section of today's Briuns Notebook.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: For those blaming the coach...:
    It's in the 'positively upbeat' section of today's Briuns Notebook.
    Posted by OatesCam

Thx.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not talking about whether CJ will be fired if they lose, I'm saying that the last two losses have more to do with players making errors and not executing.  Julien can't control what his D (almost all of them) decide to do when they get the puck and cough it up, and he can't control that his top line decided to no- show.  The PP he can take a little blame, but his teams have had a successful PP in the past.  DK really needs to deliver.  He has shown the ability in the past playoffs, he needs to come through tonight.  Same with Looch.  The Molson Centre should be ready to kill Milan by the end of tonight's game.

I agree with you as I stated above .
    We talk about him getting fired only because the 30 players cannot get fired. Sure get traded but they'll still get a pay check somewhere.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

oh and yes, I've been saying this all along this series about the 2 coaches.
    Courtesy to j3rockstar:

Same coach,  Same system , different players.

This quote speaks volumes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

To me, the Bruins have not been ready at the beginning of many games this year. Seems CJ doesn't know that when the puck drops, the game starts. He is responsible for getting this team ready. Thats his job and he doesn't do that well!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not talking about whether CJ will be fired if they lose, I'm saying that the last two losses have more to do with players making errors and not executing.  Julien can't control what his D (almost all of them) decide to do when they get the puck and cough it up, and he can't control that his top line decided to no- show.  The PP he can take a little blame, but his teams have had a successful PP in the past.  DK really needs to deliver.  He has shown the ability in the past playoffs, he needs to come through tonight.  Same with Looch.  The Molson Centre should be ready to kill Milan by the end of tonight's game.

Ask yourself why the Bruins are making the errors and if you know anything about hockey strategy you will concluded it is coaching.  Every Scabs goal has come because they covered both the center and winger low in the zone forcing our Defenceman to try a long pass: Which they then intercept.  If you know what your opposition is going to do before they do it, the game becomes easy.  They know Julien's system and are exploiting it and they know he too stubborn to make changes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I have a deep understanding of hockey strategy and I 'will concluded' something very different.  Since almost every Habs goal was the result of a B's defenseman doing the exact opposite of what they should do, I don't blame the game plan, I blame the players.  They need to step it up.  Hopefully they do tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]I have a deep understanding of hockey stategy and I 'will concluded' something very different.  Since almost every Habs goal was the result of a B's defenseman doing the exact opposite of what they should do, I don't blame the game plan, I blame the players.  They need to step it up.  Hopefully they do tonight.

The defenceman did exactly what they are suppose to do in Julien's system try to pass the puck.  If your try to say they should have skated the puck out instead I agree but how often have you seen a Bruins Dman skate with the puck.  It is not part of Julien's system.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Some of it falls of the coach. How long has he been here. Since he has been they've been a good regular season team but collapse in the playoffs so what gives? I also have a huge problem for not holding any practices so far. Claude hasn't done anything since he got here and the B's go through this every time at this time of year. At some point the coach has to be blamed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those blaming the coach... : Ask yourself why the Bruins are making the errors and if you know anything about hockey strategy you will concluded it is coaching.  Every Scabs goal has come because they covered both the center and winger low in the zone forcing our Defenceman to try a long pass: Which they then intercept.  If you know what your opposition is going to do before they do it, the game becomes easy.  They know Julien's system and are exploiting it and they know he too stubborn to make changes.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Bingo. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]oh and yes, I've been saying this all along this series about the 2 coaches. Courtesy to j3rockstar: Same coach,  Same system , different players. This quote speaks volumes.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    It's not the same system though Legion. Montreal's breakout looks amazing compared to the d to d passes of the B's. Montreal rushes the puck.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those blaming the coach... : It's not the same system though Legion. Montreal's breakout looks amazing compared to the d to d passes of the B's. Montreal rushes the puck.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

And that's why I disagree with orr-the-best. Says who in Claude's system they are to make lonf stretch passes. Then why would they talk about a puck moving defenseman all year to play within Julien's system if they are only to pass the puck out ?  Not true Orr-the Best. Your answer is what callo is saying above.
    Montreal plays the same freakin system but their players are executing their passes well.  They are rarely turning it over .  They are winning battles on the boards and their players are smaller.  That's Julien's fault ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those blaming the coach... : And that's why I disagree with orr-the-best. Says who in Claude's system they are to make lonf stretch passes. Then why would they talk about a puck moving defenseman all year to play within Julien's system if they are only to pass the puck out ?  Not true Orr-the Best. Your answer is what callo is saying above. Montreal plays the same freakin system but their players are executing their passes well.  They are rarely turning it over .  They are winning battles on the boards and their players are smaller.  That's Julien's fault ?

That's not what Orr-the-best said.  What he said was this:

Montreal covered the Bruins' center and wing who were collapsing into the defensive zone, looking for a short pass from the d-men.  This forced the d-man with the puck to make a long pass, which was subsequently intercepted and turned into a Habs goal.  The Canadiens knew the d-man was looking for the short pass to either the winger or center, because that's what the Bruins do.  The guys up front collapse far into the defensive zone (sometimes too far), because they're trying to help the defense get the puck out of the zone. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If you think that the gameplan from CJ or any other coach comes down to whether a d passes or skates with the puck, then you really do not have an understanding of NHL coaching strategy.  Besides, the Bruins D frequently skate with the puck.  Kaberle, Kampfer, Boychuck... they often carry the puck into the attacking zone and fire the first shot, often pursue it to the corner.  I'm not sure what you're watching.  But more importantly, I would be willing to wager a large some of money that Julien did not instruct his 5 defenseman that committed costly turnovers to ' pass the puck only, don't skate with it, and if you don't have an open man, by all means, give it to the other team.  Preferably to one of their top goal scorers'.  There are always better options, regardless of the system, and our players have made costly errors.  Those errors kill you in a series like this between two teams that play a patient, counter-attacking style.  If the Bruins are going to win, they need to cut that out immediately.  And their skill players need to force some chaos in the opposition end.  Lucic and Horton need to be winning battles and beating habs to the puck.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those blaming the coach... : The defenceman did exactly what they are suppose to do in Julien's system try to pass the puck.  If your try to say they should have skated the puck out instead I agree but how often have you seen a Bruins Dman skate with the puck.  It is not part of Julien's system.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those blaming the coach... : And that's why I disagree with orr-the-best. Says who in Claude's system they are to make lonf stretch passes. Then why would they talk about a puck moving defenseman all year to play within Julien's system if they are only to pass the puck out ?  Not true Orr-the Best. Your answer is what callo is saying above. Montreal plays the same freakin system but their players are executing their passes well.  They are rarely turning it over .  They are winning battles on the boards and their players are smaller.  That's Julien's fault ?
    That's a coaching strategy though. The team rarely throws it up the middle they always pass back and forth. It slows everything down and causes us to have a hard time getting into the zone- hence dump in chance. Those are coaching strageties that kill this team. The only guy that tries different things is Kaberle but it looks like the coaching staff has asked him to do stuff differently (like Ward telling him to wrap it around on the bench). 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]If you think that the gameplan from CJ or any other coach comes down to whether a d passes or skates with the puck, then you really do not have an understanding of NHL coaching strategy.  Besides, the Bruins D frequently skate with the puck.  Kaberle, Kampfer, Boychuck... they often carry the puck into the attacking zone and fire the first shot, often pursue it to the corner.  I'm not sure what you're watching.  But more importantly, I would be willing to wager a large some of money that Julien did not instruct his 5 defenseman that committed costly turnovers to ' pass the puck only, don't skate with it, and if you don't have an open man, by all means, give it to the other team.  Preferably to one of their top goal scorers'.  There are always better options, regardless of the system, and our players have made costly errors.  Those errors kill you in a series like this between two teams that play a patient, counter-attacking style.  If the Bruins are going to win, they need to cut that out immediately.  And their skill players need to force some chaos in the opposition end.  Lucic and Horton need to be winning battles and beating habs to the puck. In Response to Re: For those blaming the coach... :

I have to assume you do not get the benefit of the CBC feed.  They talked about how the Scab were taking away the winger and center.  As for the Dman skating  with the puck our assistant coach Doug Jarvis said the same thing to the CBC after the 2nd period of game 2.  But I guess you know better than Doug Jarvis.

Sections
Shortcuts