FOR THOSE THAT THINK REMOVING JULIAN IS THE ANSWER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: FOR THOSE THAT THINK REMOVING JULIAN IS THE ANSWER

I know I saw CJ take a team from Dave Lewis and with pretty much the exact same line up there was quite a different result.

Now we need another coach to take the team to another level.

Losing CJ isn't *THE* answer, it is part of the answer.

Again, CJ is a somewhat above average coach, but start talking about elite players and start talking about elite coaches.  There are clearly - at least to me - several coaches that are above the others.

There are a few coaches that get me out of my seat thinking - what a great move that was, taking a time out then, shuffling the lines a certain way, using his resources effectively, post game interviews that make me think 'gee that was pretty smart', or that observation was pretty shrewd or something.

I have never gotten that from CJ.  Never.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: FOR THOSE THAT THINK REMOVING JULIAN IS THE ANSWER:
    [QUOTE]I know I saw CJ take a team from Dave Lewis and with pretty much the exact same line up there was quite a different result. Now we need another coach to take the team to another level. Losing CJ isn't *THE* answer, it is part of the answer. Again, CJ is a somewhat above average coach, but start talking about elite players and start talking about elite coaches.  There are clearly - at least to me - several coaches that are above the others. There are a few coaches that get me out of my seat thinking - what a great move that was, taking a time out then, shuffling the lines a certain way, using his resources effectively, post game interviews that make me think 'gee that was pretty smart', or that observation was pretty shrewd or something. I have never gotten that from CJ.  Never.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I agree that there are some coaches that are above the others but,for the most part,they are already being employed by other teams.The list of better and available coaches is slim to none.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

One big factor that makes an elite player is leadership. Crosby is highly skilled and that team's leader. Same with Toews, Lidstrom, Eric Staal, St. Louis and both Richards. They can produce in the regular season AND deliver a team the Cup or at least the Finals i.e. out of the 2nd round. What the Bruins have are too many players that don't score enough in the regular season (and playoffs) and disappear for long stretches of games. Lucic,Horton, Ryder, and currently Bergie have had Kessel like stretches where they don't score for many, many games.

Instead of peaking like the Caps seem to be, the Bruins seem ready to limp into the playoffs and go only as far as TT will take them...

Sections
Shortcuts