For those who say they want Habs in 1st round....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

For those who say they want Habs in 1st round....

I'm not trying to be negative & I'm not a troll who complains after every loss. I hate to admit it & I hate the Habs with a passion like any true Bruins fan but I don't think this is a good match up for the Bruins in the playoffs. Since sweeping Montreal in 2009, the Habs have won 9 out of the last 11 meetings ( 2 by shootout) I don't know if Habs get in the B's heads or what it is. For some reason Habs pp just owns the Bruins & it always seems like bad things happen in Montreal. If they happen to meet in playoffs , so be it, but I would rather play another team. I just have a bad feeling about a potential 1st round match up with Habs. I can't deal with all of the stupid Habs fans here in southern Ontario. Anyone feel the same way or am I just being paranoid & over reacting to yet another loss to Montreal......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: For those who say they want Habs in 1st round....

I still want 'em in the first round.  Just like the Yanks in '04.  They gotta beat 'em.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Those of us that actually watch the games without fanboy blinders on would agree.  The Habs have always owned the B's. They occasionally win a series or a few games here and there, but this team cant win in Bell Center and as you say, seem to match up terribly against the speedy Smurfs unless they are beating on them.

People on this board boasting like the B's are a contender while the Habs are swirling the drain just crack me up.  The last thing I want is another playoff loss to those classless divers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya, I wouldnt want them in the first round either. The Habs are good and can go just as far, if not further than anyone else. They are a fast quick team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: For those who say they want Habs in 1st round....:
    [QUOTE]Those of us that actually watch the games without fanboy blinders on would agree.  The Habs have always owned the B's. They occasionally win a series or a few games here and there, but this team cant win in Bell Center and as you say, seem to match up terribly against the speedy Smurfs unless they are beating on them. People on this board boasting like the B's are a contender while the Habs are swirling the drain just crack me up.  The last thing I want is another playoff loss to those classless divers.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Sad but true.
    How many times did the Bruins on paper have the better team and lost ?
    I can count at least 5 times in my lifetime dating back to Bobby Orr .
    Last season the Caps and Pens got a taste .
    It is what it is .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It has nothing to do with my confidence about beating the Habs or what not.  The point is that if you want to be the best you can't go running away from your rivals.  If this team can't beat the Habs than they aren't good enough to win anyhow.

Don't give me that "fanboy" crap Soxfan.  I want the Habs.  I want to beat them and I want to beat them in the playoffs.  You can be afraid of them all you want, and hope we can luck our way through the playoffs without having to face them.

I want the big showdown with our big rival.  Big risk, big reward.  If we lose it will be horrible.  If we win it will be awesome.  But let's all strap on a set and hope for this series to happen.

I want the Habs in the playoffs.  You should too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

It would be a hard match up but to be honest, I still want them. Beating the Habs in the playoffs is better than winning the Eastern Conference (and losing then Cup) in my eyes. If you can't beat this Habs team in the playoffs, I don't think you have a chance against the Flyers, Canucks, or the Wings and you'll likely have to go through 1-2 of those teams to win a cup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those who say they want Habs in 1st round.... : Sad but true. How many times did the Bruins on paper have the better team and lost ? I can count at least 5 times in my lifetime dating back to Bobby Orr . Last season the Caps and Pens got a taste . It is what it is .
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

You're right B'sLegion, the Habs literally stole the Stanley Cup from the Bruins in 1971, 1977, 1978 & 1979.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I want them 1st round ...

We will win again in the playoffs...they seem to win regular season games but comes playoffs time BRUINS will be ready and how sweet it is to beat the habs

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It has nothing to do with my confidence about beating the Habs or what not.  The point is that if you want to be the best you can't go running away from your rivals.  If this team can't beat the Habs than they aren't good enough to win anyhow. Don't give me that "fanboy" crap Soxfan.  I want the Habs.  I want to beat them and I want to beat them in the playoffs.  You can be afraid of them all you want, and hope we can luck our way through the playoffs without having to face them. I want the big showdown with our big rival.  Big risk, big reward.  If we lose it will be horrible.  If we win it will be awesome.  But let's all strap on a set and hope for this series to happen. I want the Habs in the playoffs.  You should too.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I agree with your entire post.Winning by avoiding a team wouldn't feel like winning.Head to head,the Bruins have had the better of the Habs since the late 80's,yet we still have many fans who are(for some reason)still afraid of Guy Lafleur.Let it go people.The playoffs just aren't the same without a Bruins-Habs matchup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]I still want 'em in the first round.  Just like the Yanks in '04.  They gotta beat 'em.
    I know what your saying Fletch. It's just so frustrating losing to Montreal on a regular basis. They have played each other 32 times in the playoffs & Habs have won 24 of those series. I really take my lumps from Habs fans being from southern Ontario. You are right about that 2004 Sox-Yanks series though, it felt awesome to beat the Yankees en route to the World Series title.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those who say they want Habs in 1st round.... : You're right B'sLegion, the Habs literally stole the Stanley Cup from the Bruins in 1971, 1977, 1978 & 1979.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

You can remove 2 of those years and add the 2 with Joe Thornton on them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those who say they want Habs in 1st round.... : I agree with your entire post.Winning by avoiding a team wouldn't feel like winning.Head to head,the Bruins have had the better of the Habs since the late 80's,yet we still have many fans who are(for some reason)still afraid of Guy Lafleur.Let it go people.The playoffs just aren't the same without a Bruins-Habs matchup.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Dez, Im not afraid of Guy Lafleur. It just seems like the Bruins always lay an egg more often than not against Montreal. Fact is Habs lead all time playoff head to head meeting with Bruins 32-8. Yes I know the Bruins are 6-4 against them in the playoffs since 1988. Im just saying I would rather play someone else in the 1st round. Whatever happens after that is fine with me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

To quote Charlie Sheen, "Bring it."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those who say they want Habs in 1st round.... : You're right B'sLegion, the Habs literally stole the Stanley Cup from the Bruins in 1971, 1977, 1978 & 1979.

The Habs upset the Bruins in 71. The late 70s Habs teams were all either markedly better (77 and 78, but especially 77) or slightly better (79) to the point that a Bruins series win would have been an upset.

This year, it could go either way. Neither goalie has proven playoff success, but both starters are on fire right now. I think the Habs have a ridiculous constitution to be playing at the level they're playing at with the guys they're missing. That plus excellent goaltending can take you a long way in the postseason--as last year's team can attest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those who say they want Habs in 1st round.... : You can remove 2 of those years and add the 2 with Joe Thornton on them.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, how can I forget. I assume you are talking about 2002 & 2004. They should have won both of those, especially in 04 when they had a 3 games to 1 series lead & squanderd it. Dam Theodore, where is he know? LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those who say they want Habs in 1st round.... : I know what your saying Fletch. It's just so frustrating losing to Montreal on a regular basis. They have played each other 32 times in the playoffs & Habs have won 24 of those series. I really take my lumps from Habs fans being from southern Ontario. You are right about that 2004 Sox-Yanks series though, it felt awesome to beat the Yankees en route to the World Series title.

But that's the point about the Sox in 2004.  The past is the past and has nothing to do with this year's team.  I have never had a greater high from watching sports than when the Sox beat the Yanks in '04.  I want that high again and I want it from the Bruins beating the Habs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the only "high" i want is to see the b's lift Lord Stanley at least one more time before i croak....

and if it means avoiding the habnots to do it so be it....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]the only "high" i want is to see the b's lift Lord Stanley at least one more time before i croak.... and if it means avoiding the habnots to do it so be it....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

Nah, let's just beat 'em.  You can't fear the past.  All those losses and disappointments will make it that much sweeter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those who say they want Habs in 1st round.... : Nah, let's just beat 'em.  You can't fear the past.  All those losses and disappointments will make it that much sweeter.

easier said than done.... let's not take a chance....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

As already been said......playoff history with Habs has not been kind to the B's.

Still, there's nothing sweeter then seeing the B's take out the Habs in the playoffs......save winning the Stanley!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

The scabs beat the B's with better goaltending in the playoff upsets, Boston smoked them 4 straight 2 years ago and will beat them again, we do have the better goalie in TT.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I can't believe some of you guys -- I hope the players aren't afraid of the Habs like some of the fans.

I've suffered through the history too.  Time to change it.  Bring 'em on.

Throw your chips on the table, strap on a set, and let's square off in the playoffs with our bitter rivals.  There's nothing better in sports than that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The problem is that the Bs players seem to have a complex.  I personnally don't see any reason for the Bs to fear them but the Bs always seem to play their worst games vs the Habs!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The only way to improve is to be tested.  Bring on the Canadians, Flyers, whoever.  To think differently is a fear to lose.  

Sections
Shortcuts