For those who say they want Habs in 1st round....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

Re: For those who say they want Habs in 1st round....

WOW!!!! Some of you people are REALLY stupid!! Fletcher may be the dumbest ever. OF COURSE we don't want to play them...history....ghosts...refs cheating....only a complete moron would want this matchup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: For those who say they want Habs in 1st round....:
    WOW!!!! Some of you people are REALLY stupid!! Fletcher may be the dumbest ever. OF COURSE we don't want to play them...history....ghosts...refs cheating....only a complete moron would want this matchup.
    Posted by macdogcharm

I think everyone was having a pretty good and respectable discussion on this until you jumped in like a little spaz popping off at the mouth.

I think you can either face your rivals head on or be afraid of them and run way.  I don't think the current Bruins team needs to run away from the Habs, because of a bunch of history that they were not involved in.  I'm sure they would agree.  Any competitor wants the challenge of facing their rivals.

I'd be just as nervous as the next B's fan if they play, but that doesn't mean I want to play it safe, run and hide, and hope we luck out by avoiding them.  I had a coach who said a team's desire to win must outweigh their fear of losing.

I'm not giving in to fear and losing and history.  I want the Habs.  Quit acting like a little girl macdog and face your fears.  Have a little courage. 

The joy and pride of winning comes from overcoming challenges, not avoiding them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Correct you should never hope you don't have to face a certain team like I did two years ago when the Canes upset the Devils I was like "whew the Bs don't have to face Broduer".

I have no fear of the Habs in a seven game series but I'm no over confident either. What I think favors the Bruins is size that is what wore down the smaller forwards in the Buffalo series last year as the series went on Ryder, Krejci, Lucic, Horton and Bergeron would be leaning to hard on the Habs smaller forwards.

At this point I'd give the Canadiens defeseman a slight edge because of the blasters Subban and Wiesnewski (sp?) have going right now plus the way Coach Martin has Gill draped on Horton goaltending I'd call even right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

I'd rather play the Carolina, Buffalo or N.Y.Rangers in the first round no question knocking off Montreal is always sweet but lets knock them off in the Conference Finals and really stick it to those cocky Canadiens fans. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: For those who say they want Habs in 1st round....:
    I'd rather play the Carolina, Buffalo or N.Y.Rangers in the first round no question knocking off Montreal is always sweet but lets knock them off in the Conference Finals and really stick it to those cocky Canadiens fans. 
    Posted by whitbomb

Not that expecting to be in the Conference Finals is cocky. Oh, irony....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if 4 of those 16 wins are against the habs...it would only be that much sweeter. 1st or 2nd or 3rd round matchup, doesn't matter who you play, all playoff series are difficult. bring on the canadiens- anybody, it doesn't matter

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

There is nothing finer than beating Montreal in the play-offs. There isn't another team I hate/respect more than the Canadians in all of sports! I still haven't gotten over them beating Bobby and the boys in the Spring of 1971. In all my years of following hockey I still in my heart think that was the greatest team I ever saw. Yet the damn Habs beat them. It's like the Red Sox-Yankess , Celtics- Lakers. I love it when teams really hate each other because they'll play their guts out the beat the other guy. And who doesn't love that!!!

Sections
Shortcuts