For Timmy!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

For Timmy!

If I knew how I would've done this. Being one his biggest supporters from day 1. I feel this is warranted & would be a shame if it wasn't done! Thank You to the individual who did this!

I think we all need to shove this thread into ANYBODY who tries to throw his bad goals allowed at us! I also need to say that not only did the Bergeron's; Lucic's & Chara's learn how to win; but for those of you that know about the position. When you look at this video. The book on TT was to out wait him. Earlier this season on Satellite Radia I talked to Colby Armstrong. I asked him what was said about trying to score on TT. He said he's so aggressive that you have to have the presence of mind to out wait him. Well; I think TT must've heard that one too many times. I bet he improved his patience by about 50%. Soxfan & Kelvana plse add your input. A lot of these players must've been scratching their heads. Especially the Canadiens who's played against him the most since 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x6EIgoAtjs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: For Timmy!

Awesome job finding that Nitemare! I could watch that all day. Watching that made me think, sometimes we get wrapped up in who plays what style, what style does TT play, after watching that you can see it's just pure focus,will and desire to stop the puck. It's amazing, TT's body is everywhere but watch how little his head moves, his head is always on the puck, there were a couple saves with chaos all aroun him where you could tell how well he was seeing the puck. The more I watch it i almost wonder if he has the train of thought worry about the first save, like too many others get so caught up in rebound control it it deters from the actual stopping the shot. I'm sure I'm over analyzing and I'll probably go back and forth on this one but this is the post of the summer!! I'm dying to hear fellow netminders chime in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: For Timmy!:
    [QUOTE]Awesome job finding that Nitemare! I could watch that all day. Watching that made me think, sometimes we get wrapped up in who plays what style, what style does TT play, after watching that you can see it's just pure focus,will and desire to stop the puck. It's amazing, TT's body is everywhere but watch how little his head moves, his head is always on the puck, there were a couple saves with chaos all aroun him where you could tell how well he was seeing the puck. The more I watch it i almost wonder if he has the train of thought worry about the first save, like too many others get so caught up in rebound control it it deters from the actual stopping the shot. I'm sure I'm over analyzing and I'll probably go back and forth on this one but this is the post of the summer!! I'm dying to hear fellow netminders chime in.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Yea; I've watched it at least 10x already. The Downey save; the Gionta save & the spinning save almost makes me er..t! Sorry; but fellow goalies will understand! lol You're right about his head movement though. It's also impressive how he picked his spots to make sprawling & sliding pad saves. I never realized how many breakaway saves in the play-offs he had! It's so FREAKIN AWESOME to FINALLY have a B's goalie do what TT has done!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

impressive stuff, i would also like to take a moment to thank gionta for taking a GOD awful shot on that 2-on-1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]impressive stuff, i would also like to take a moment to thank gionta for taking a GOD awful shot on that 2-on-1
    Posted by juniorfalcon19[/QUOTE]
    I dont think it was an awful shot at all. I think he went against the grain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

That was awesome!  A few saves in there that I had forgotten about.  Thanks for posting!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Gionta's shot wasn't the least bit awful.  That save by Thomas in my mind changed the playoffs for TT and the Bruins.  They lose that game and he would have been roasted, possibly replaced at that point.  The B's could  easily go on to lose the series and PC & Claude are looking for new jobs and most of the team is blown up.  Probably the most important save of the entire playoffs.

Nite is correct when he says its awesome to FINALLY have a B's goalie do that FOR us instead of watching goalies have their career highlight AGAINST the B's.  Loved the video; TT was truly staggering in these playoffs. Fun to watch that stuff over and over.

Regarding the bad goals against, nite- these playoffs were a perfect microcosm of what you get with TT.  He's capable of extremes and is very physical, acrobatic and streaky.  As a previous detractor I was focused on the bad goals, and we can't pretend they didn't happen.  However, I've had to look at TT in the same vein as a Tony Esposito or Dominic Hasek or even Patrick Roy in later days... this type of goaltender is the type who can give up a stinker or 2, and then play at a remarkable level most other times.  But unlike 99% of the other goalies I've seen at any other level, he has the ability to completely dismiss it and not let it affect his next shift, let alone his next game.  And, that same style and passion allows him to reach the heights he reached this June.  A remarkable player.

His ability to focus only on the next shot is a coaching moment for every young goaltender who wants to learn this game.

I did note that Olczyk constantly was commenting that the opposing forwards should "wait him out" like it was so easy. Nobody really got that done other than Burrows' OT goal.  Eddie, how easy is that again?  Keep using what's working, TT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Awesome display, tho save of playoffs went to Ryder it was against the hated H.

The goaltending is set barring injuries.

TT saved the bacon by killing the stretch passes that were killing our D.

Like to see another year like last, just phenomenal.

The player who does not need his tires pumped, goes to TT.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Gionta's shot wasn't the least bit awful.  That save by Thomas in my mind changed the playoffs for TT and the Bruins.  They lose that game and he would have been roasted, possibly replaced at that point.  The B's could  easily go on to lose the series and PC & Claude are looking for new jobs and most of the team is blown up.  Probably the most important save of the entire playoffs. Nite is correct when he says its awesome to FINALLY have a B's goalie do that FOR us instead of watching goalies have their career highlight AGAINST the B's.  Loved the video; TT was truly staggering in these playoffs. Fun to watch that stuff over and over. Regarding the bad goals against, nite- these playoffs were a perfect microcosm of what you get with TT.  He's capable of extremes and is very physical, acrobatic and streaky.  As a previous detractor I was focused on the bad goals, and we can't pretend they didn't happen.  However, I've had to look at TT in the same vein as a Tony Esposito or Dominic Hasek or even Patrick Roy in later days... this type of goaltender is the type who can give up a stinker or 2, and then play at a remarkable level most other times.  But unlike 99% of the other goalies I've seen at any other level, he has the ability to completely dismiss it and not let it affect his next shift, let alone his next game.  And, that same style and passion allows him to reach the heights he reached this June.  A remarkable player. His ability to focus only on the next shot is a coaching moment for every young goaltender who wants to learn this game. I did note that Olczyk constantly was commenting that the opposing forwards should "wait him out" like it was so easy. Nobody really got that done other than Burrows' OT goal.  Eddie, how easy is that again?  Keep using what's working, TT.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Soxfan! I think these awesome comments coming from you means the most for me. I have to admit; sometimes Timmy makes me scream.."WTH WERE YOU THINKING!"

And yea I lost a lot of respect for Eddie O' during these play-offs! The way he went on about BM ducking the hit & saying TT deserved a penalty dumping Henrik!

I have gotten a lot of penalties & not too many were for delay of game. I was only 5 8" 165-170 lbs. I couldn't let the opposing team think it was OK for them to run me. I got my penalties when I reacted from outside the crease. If I was in my domain & gave a guy a chop, or whack? The guy I smacked would scream at the ref. More often than not the ref would scream right back & say then get out of his crease. I always gave a warning the 1st time. During a face-off I'd call the guy over & say. "See this ice? It's blue. Which means It's my house & unless you're wearing the same color jersey as me. You're not invited; nor allowed in my house!" Some got the message. Others had to learn the hard way. Which I really hated to do! Innocent

Anyway I think the refs got the jist of why Timmy did that. Eddie should've got that too! I always thought he'd be great as a broadcaster; but I was very wrong. I miss John Davidson!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

don't think i'm trying to take away anything from timmy. unreal save, unreal game, unreal playoffs, unreal year. having said taht it was a terrible shot. if he puts it high it goes in, he should have at least put it near post. i bet you he would say it was a terrible shot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Awesome, awesome post! My lord how many time did he stop Downie!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to For Timmy!:
    [QUOTE]If I knew how I would've done this. Being one his biggest supporters from day 1. I feel this is warranted & would be a shame if it wasn't done! Thank You to the individual who did this! I think we all need to shove this thread into ANYBODY who tries to throw his bad goals allowed at us! I also need to say that not only did the Bergeron's; Lucic's & Chara's learn how to win; but for those of you that know about the position. When you look at this video. The book on TT was to out wait him. Earlier this season on Satellite Radia I talked to Colby Armstrong. I asked him what was said about trying to score on TT. He said he's so aggressive that you have to have the presence of mind to out wait him. Well; I think TT must've heard that one too many times. I bet he improved his patience by about 50%. Soxfan & Kelvana plse add your input. A lot of these players must've been scratching their heads. Especially the Canadiens who's played against him the most since 2006. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x6EIgoAtjs
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    You could certainly argue that THOMAS'S performance was one of the greatest in Stanley Cup history.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Nice video link nite. Brings back some memories. A few saves that I had forgotten. With out a doubt, Tim Thomas 2011 MVP

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It certainly justifies Timmy's MVP. It also provides a good review of Claude's defensive commitment by all. In addition it also shows how often Boychuck gets beat, still an unsolved problem.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

I loved the Gionta save, couldn't believe the Downie stop, but what I will always remember about Thomas's 2011 run was the way he smiled at the news conference after Luongo made the "if it was me, I would have stopped it" comment.  You just knew he was gonna beat Luongo on the mental side and on the ice.  I just LOVED it.  I also enjoyed watching Luongo cry during handshakes after Game 7. 

That in my mind is Thomas's highlight of the 2011 playoffs.  And it is also what Luongo will always be remembered for. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

TT = Stud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Good job Nitemare, a great tribute to the Conn Smythe winner!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Amazing how some threads take a a turn to a different subject. I've read two people commenting on Giontas shot. He did exactly what he was supposed to do there, which is get rid of the puck ASAP and get it on net. He knows Timmy is coming over quick and he also knows he would like to get it upstairs, but being a right handed shot there makes it that much more difficult for him to do that. I assure you TT knows this as well which is why he made sure the bottom portion was covered. one of the first things a goaltender coach tells us is to take note of who is what as far as lefty/righty gors and where they are. now if thats say Cammaleri instead of Gionta coming down on the 2 on 1 TT is thinking when he slides over go more butterfly so he can stick the right pad out to cover the bottom blocker side. I'd love to know what he was thinking, because when he recognizes the 2 on 1, in about 3 seconds you go through 4 or 5 possible scenarios and what you would do in those situations...God i love that part of the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Amazing how some threads take a a turn to a different subject. I've read two people commenting on Giontas shot. He did exactly what he was supposed to do there, which is get rid of the puck ASAP and get it on net. He knows Timmy is coming over quick and he also knows he would like to get it upstairs, but being a right handed shot there makes it that much more difficult for him to do that. I assure you TT knows this as well which is why he made sure the bottom portion was covered. one of the first things a goaltender coach tells us is to take note of who is what as far as lefty/righty gors and where they are. now if thats say Cammaleri instead of Gionta coming down on the 2 on 1 TT is thinking when he slides over go more butterfly so he can stick the right pad out to cover the bottom blocker side. I'd love to know what he was thinking, because when he recognizes the 2 on 1, in about 3 seconds you go through 4 or 5 possible scenarios and what you would do in those situations...God i love that part of the game.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Thx for explaining that Kel. I was going to; but I've been arguing too much on here lately! PK SUBBAN's a BUM!!! Tongue out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

And as correct as kel's analysis is, you have to remember the key to that play is shooting quickly.  Any upper level coach at that point will agree that is a "perfect world" the shot is high or placed in a quarter of an inch hole in the goaltender, but all coaches and goaltenders will tell you the first and foremost important thing is to get the shot off quickly on a play like that.

If he dicks around for a quarter of a second and doesnt get off a clean shot on goal, he spends the summer kicking himself, and his coaches will help him.

I can't imagine watching that play and complaining about the shot execution.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I of course know Thomas played great in the playoffs, but thanks for the link to remind me just how immense this guy was for them.

They rode that horse to the promised land.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]And as correct as kel's analysis is, you have to remember the key to that play is shooting quickly.  Any upper level coach at that point will agree that is a "perfect world" the shot is high or placed in a quarter of an inch hole in the goaltender, but all coaches and goaltenders will tell you the first and foremost important thing is to get the shot off quickly on a play like that. If he dicks around for a quarter of a second and doesnt get off a clean shot on goal, he spends the summer kicking himself, and his coaches will help him. I can't imagine watching that play and complaining about the shot execution.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    Also Sox. Correct me if I'm wrong; but isn't Gionta a rt handed shot? If he is did he not just a take a shot leading off with his wrong foot? If that's the case then Brian did a hellva job getting it off as well as he did! Iggy & Messier are the only two awesome goal scorers that I've seen; that were able to make a living at leading off with the wrong foot. Which imo is sometimes worse for a goalie than a backhander! Most players I've played with or against that I mentioned this to? Had no idea they even did it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

timmys many hi-lites take up plenty of video clips there were so many great saves he made in playoffs best goaler in the world today

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

awesome post!!

Only one comment on the Gionta Shot.  All analysis is more than likely correct but don't forget in Game 1 I believe he smoked Timmy with that same shot from the same spot.  That was the only thing going thru his mind at that time. In my humble opinion.

Sections
Shortcuts