Forecheck & offensive zone presence....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Forecheck & offensive zone presence....

The B's need to keep the puck low & grind it out....they are forcing the play back through their D in the offensive zone, go D-to-D, Caps wings force our D wide real high in the zone, Caps center and two D front the puck, wait for the ultra telegraphed and robot playing dump to the net, they block it, have 2 B's forwards trapped behind them "in the dirty areas" and the Caps are off, no idea how apparent this is and they make no adjustments at all.....play below the rounds, their D cannot contain the cycle, go hard to the cage, crash for rebounds from THAT vantage point and the "dirty areas" which these announcers love to stress about are now relevant, versus the D-to-D crap they literally do on EVERY possession; its so god damn frustrating.  Give Caps staff credit, they studied the B's horrible habit of doing this, and usually forcing it back to the D even when the play isnt there....theyre being outcoached right now, Caps game plan is working as far as this zone of the rink. Positive news, B's are not playing real well at all, and series is tied at 2....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Forecheck & offensive zone presence....

I agree. I think thats part of the reason why CJ put Lucic with Bergeron, so far they are the only two forwards who have been able to cycle.

I mean Chris Kelly is the only person crashing the net and my respect for him is skyrocketing (even though it was already very high). I saw him wade right into 3-4 Caps players and get worked over in order to give himself a shot at a rebound, something nobody else on the team did last game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Re: Forecheck & offensive zone presence....

I know huh....theyre playing all perimeter hockey; they need to get ugly down low, they are not a world class offensive talent, and cant get into the mind-set that they are, need to plug & score those ugly goals.

Great point on Kelly, that line is carrying the play in the series; they keep going like this and they'll score a real big goal in this series as I think its going 7 now.

Sections
Shortcuts