Forget Kaberle, he will cost too much

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Forget Kaberle, he will cost too much

Go after Liles in Colorado, and ask about Hejduk while you're at it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: Forget Kaberle, he will cost too much

I agree.  I thought the idiot Burke would make a solid hockey trade for his team - a win-win for both teams.  His over the top ego however won't let him.  He is trying to get PC back because of the bad trade he made to get Phil Kessel, by asking for more than Kaberle is worth.  Burke is a jerk so PC find another trade partner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

What I don't want to see is a rental player. If Kaberle does come here, the Bruins had better have something signed from him to play in Boston longer than July 1st !  That goes for any other UFA they have in mind. Have them committed to sign when they make any trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Any GM that trades from now till the deadline will overpay. If Kaberle re-signs which he might he has shown everytime he's been asked that he likes Boston then what you give up is worth it becuase you don't know how the draft pick will turn out. It is worth the risk for a good playoff run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

According to a league source, Tomas Kaberle is on the verge of being a Bruin. The Bruins would acquire Kaberle from Toronto for Joe Colborne and their own 2011 first-round pick.

The Kaberle trade would require the Bruins to make one or two cap-clearing moves to bring on the defenseman.

I dont have a good feeling about this trade ...Joe Colborne will be an excellent player in this league for years to come ...for Kaberle : our own 1st pick + a D I would say ok but other than that ...just forget it ...I would even be willing to offer Hamill + our own 1st pick but not Colborne

Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Again way too much especially if they aren't signing Kaberle to a contract extension.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Re: Forget Kaberle, he will cost too much:
    [QUOTE]I agree.  I thought the idiot Burke would make a solid hockey trade for his team - a win-win for both teams.  His over the top ego however won't let him.  He is trying to get PC back because of the bad trade he made to get Phil Kessel, by asking for more than Kaberle is worth.  Burke is a jerk so PC find another trade partner.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Do you hear yourself?!?! What an infantile post

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

The only reason the Kessel trade looks like a rip off, is because Kessel is a head case and causes trouble. If Burke thought he was getting ripped off, he would not have made the trade. If kessel would change his game and attitude a little bit, then he could become something much better as an all around player. Kessel is just burning bridges and eventually will force himself out of the NHL, because no one will want to put up with his crap...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

"...Joe Colborne will be an excellent player in this league for years to come"

Much like Blake Wheeler will be - someday, in some league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamBamNeely. Show BamBamNeely's posts

I have been preaching this to everyone I can talk to...."Kaberle is overrated!"  He looks great with his assists and whatnot but he is old and worn and is merely a rental player.  Why sacrafice the future on a guy we will have for a few months and is not even the last piece of the puzzle.  The first poster is right on...Liles and Hejduk would be two great additions and if they are willing to take on Ryders expiring contract great if not then wheeler and boychuk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Unless they can clear more cap space (i.e. move Wheeler or Stuart) I don;'t see hhow this can be a done deal. Would rather have seen Hammill dealt that Colborne at any rate. At least we keep Tor.'s 1st rd. pick, but giving up our own #1 + Colborne for a guy who's 30-something and a defensive liability and won't make nearly the difference needed to get to at least the Conference Finals doesn't make a lot of sense to me OTHER than in the context of PC knowing that if he didn't do SOMETHING the fan base would be furious.

He should have used that Toronto pick to catch a much bigger fish. B's w/Kelly +Kabs are going nowhere beyond the usual 1st or 2d round ouster this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

Along the lines of TTB's post, I think they should(if at all possible) clear the room in sending the body or bodies back in acquiring whichever defenceman they pick up..not two separate deals..where you are forced to send another body away....as another post alluded to, Vancouver should be in the market for a defenceman, i.e. Stuart and may take on another cap clearing body for one of their forwards or a draft pick that will help clear room for this mythical d-man coming here...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Is Karberle Chia's long lost lover?  I have never seen a GM lust after a player like this to the point, Chia lost his leverage in this deal.

Chia's drafts have been poor, especially when he picks players he never uses or doesn't like.

I hope this works.  I have no isssue by taking the gamble, but that was pretty pricey for a 33 year old D Man who may only be a rental.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TiPit. Show TiPit's posts

I don't know about Colborne but if he goes, Wheeler must stay.  Wheeler is on its way to his 3rd consecutive 18-20 goals season, despite CJ not playing him smart. Wing, center, change lines every other day.  I like his skating, size and 18-20 goals a season, still very young.

Don't forget next year, Ryder is gone, Recchi ???, Thornton???

I say if you let go Wheeler, make sure i

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree with SanDog. We are giving up a couple of "potential" NHL players for a proven top-line defenceman for a chance to go deep in the playoffs. There is risk to both parties but I tend to think it is acceptable....If this is, indeed the deal...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Doesn't Wheeler have like 12 goals right now?  I doubt he scores 20.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't Wheeler have like 12 goals right now?  I doubt he scores 20.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Eleven actually, what a sniper...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with SanDog. We are giving up a couple of "potential" NHL players for a proven top-line defenceman for a chance to go deep in the playoffs. There is risk to both parties but I tend to think it is acceptable....If this is, indeed the deal...
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

That's not exactly right though.  By shipping Colborne instead of Wheeler we are not getting any cap relief (Wheeler would have given us $2.2 million in relief).

So what we are really getting is Kaberle for Colborne and a 1st round pick, AND we need to dump probably two current roster players to make the deal happen.  That sounds like a bad deal to me.  Too much lost.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Can we be creative and get Hemsky?

Offer Wheeler and Stuart for Hemsky!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamBamNeely. Show BamBamNeely's posts

what about backes and Johnson from STL, I am sure we can string together a few prospects/ picks with two roster players to get these two

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget Kaberle, he will cost too much : That's not exactly right though.  By shipping Colborne instead of Wheeler we are not getting any cap relief (Wheeler would have given us $2.2 million in relief). So what we are really getting is Kaberle for Colborne and a 1st round pick, AND we need to dump probably two current roster players to make the deal happen.  That sounds like a bad deal to me.  Too much lost.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Good point but it remains to be seen what we get for Wheeler...perhaps the whole thing hinges on this. Obviously we need to get rid of him and maybe someone else without taking on any salary.

If it were a 1st rounder for Wheeler would it be acceptable? What about a second rounder? What about for Stuart? What is the going rate for him?