Forget the Toronto Pick being a top 5

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: Forget the Toronto Pick being a top 5

Once the pressure of playing for something hits the Leafs, they will fall from their tree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Nothing to really play for makes the worst of teams dangerous.  Once playoff teams start to take them more seriously in March, I truly believe the Make Beliefs will not climb any higher.  They are not better than Buffalo for sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Still over 20 games to go...have faith

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Kessel's goal last night was unbelievable. That's pretty much all I have to add to the topic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Toronto's pick will in the first 7 ....dont get overexcited they will start losing soon ...their next game is against Montreal ...interesting ...if Mtl wins I am unhappy and if Toronto wins I am unhappy ...LOSE LOSE situation

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Forget the Toronto Pick being a top 5:
    [QUOTE]Those Leafs just keep on winning no matter who they trade ! Kessel is blowing it for the Bruins and the Leafs are playing hard, like a team that can smell playoffs. I guestimate now that the Leafs pick will fall between 10-15.. oh well.. We can hope that Burke keeps trading / unloading players for draft picks before the deadline, maybe that will slow them down...
    Posted by cactusTony[/QUOTE]

lol, 10-15, lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Forget the Toronto Pick being a top 5:
    [QUOTE]Kessel's goal last night was unbelievable. That's pretty much all I have to add to the topic.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]
    It really wasn't, he had so many chances to pass it and set up the offense but no he just needed to shoot. He is selfish. I have seen Ovie do that time after time but Ovie actually makes his look good. Same with Kovy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Never mind the Leafs mathematically their in but they have to win three in a row and Carolina loose three in row. The Hurricane is an experience team during this pressure time, Buffalo will step it up now with a new serious owner who has one goal to build a good team. The NJD went from the laughing stock in the NHL to Holy S@#$T their how many points back from the Leafs. This is crunch time in the NHL now start winning or shine up your golf clubs. From here to deadline is a tense time in the NHL.

Brian Burke in an interview said " my idea of rebuilding a team is not to make the play-offs and then get hammered in the 1st rd.". I don't know what to comprehend from this statement but Burke is still thinking about making the Leafs a contender next year.Undecided

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

but the other teams behind them keep winning also. the pick will be a lottery one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Toronto's pick will in the first 7 ....dont get overexcited they will start losing soon ...their next game is against Montreal ...interesting ...if Mtl wins I am unhappy and if Toronto wins I am unhappy ...LOSE LOSE situation Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    My feelings exactly. I am from southern Ontario & can't stand the Leafs & obviously hate the Habs. Like you said when the 2 play it is a lose lose situation. With our luck it will probably be a 3 point game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

Toronto's latest stretch of games were against many of the bottom feeders of the league.  Their schedule to finish the season is against much better teams.  I see the Devils passing them in the standings, as well as Florida

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It will be a top five, and lottery pick, in all likelyhood when all is said and done....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think the depth a defensive prospects are good and with most of the lottery teams going after offense the Bruins will still get a blue chipper like Hamilton or Murphy at the 6-8 pick. Chiarelli could always trade up as well not concerned at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Its a guaranteed top 10 pick, and most likely a top 5-6

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the Toronto Pick being a top 5 : It really wasn't, he had so many chances to pass it and set up the offense but no he just needed to shoot. He is selfish. I have seen Ovie do that time after time but Ovie actually makes his look good. Same with Kovy.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

If I was allowed to walk into the offensive zone, to the top of the circle, I could have scored too.  There wasn't a Islander withing 10 ft of him during that whole play.  Montoya should have stopped that.  A wrist/snap shot from that far out, with no screens?  Don't get me wrong, Kessel does have talent (some).  Just seems like that goal was too easy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Any of these top 6 are fine with me:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

Look at their schedule, it only gets tougher, besides three or four games they should win, the rest is playoff or trying for playoff teams, they have a tough road ahead, don't worry about it.

GO B's!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

See what great goaltending does for you? The Leafs are not a good team, but this new goalie has been pretty amazing. Send someone in to crash his net. (kidding)

I was really hoping for Adam Larrson, but that pick is looking very unlikely. But then again, I thought Cam Fowler was going to go top 5 last year. And the way he is playing, he should have.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

In the west, Edmonton is definitely finishing behind Toronto.  Colorado maybe.  In the east, I think youll see Florida and New Jersey pass Toronto.  I think the League shakes out like this:

25:  Florida
    26:  Colorado
    27:  Toronto
    28:  Isle
    29:  Edmonton
    30:  Ottawa

No matter what happens, its a top 6 pick for sure.  Even if its only a top 10, its still a GREAT trade for Boston.  Dumping a spoiled rotten, cry-baby sulker in Kessel for Seguin (who will be a great player down the road) and another top 6 pick PLUS a second rounder!  Just Kessel for Seguin is a good deal, because it gets Kessel gone and puts someone here who will be a better all around player/character guy down the road.  Thats a great trade itself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

A couple of wins and Toronto's HMS Titanic will now stay afloat?  Don't be fooled- they have depleted their roster and they are on life support.  They shouldn't have beat the B's the other week and they are barely getting by teams like the Isles and Sens. 

I'm sticking by my prediction that they will be 3 or 4th worst record at the end of the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]Mark My words...The game lost to the Leafs last week with Kessel Potting 2 will keep them out of Lottery draft.
    Posted by rockett7[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhh, it was the time they beat Boston and not any of their other wins that keeps us out of the lottery....idiot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, wishful thinking from Cactus, but the last time I checked there was still a quarter of the season to be played and Toronto has been dumping what little talent they had on the roster.

They will fall, not climb, in the standings the rest of the way.

Then again, once they are out of the playoffs and the games are totally meaningless, I'm sure Kessel will go on a scoring tear. 

Meaningless games are his bread and butter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Mark My words...The game lost to the Leafs last week with Kessel Potting 2 will keep them out of Lottery draft.
    Posted by rockett7[/QUOTE]
    Aren't all non-playoff teams in the lottery?Why bother marking words that are wrong?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

[QUOTE]A couple of wins and Toronto's HMS Titanic will now stay afloat?  Don't be fooled- they have depleted their roster and they are on life support.  They shouldn't have beat the B's the other week and they are barely getting by teams like the Isles and Sens.  I'm sticking by my prediction that they will be 3 or 4th worst record at the end of the season.
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree ~Their defense is absolutely brutal ~ that Lebda, Komisarek combo is a self destructing tandem ... Reimer seems to be keeping them in most nights, but that'll only last for so long ........ MTL ,PIT, and WASH coming up next i believe..... personally i'll be really surprised if they win any of those 3

Sections
Shortcuts