Friday, April 19, 2013, please don't boo Jerome Iginla - mock him instead!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Friday, April 19, 2013, please don't boo Jerome Iginla - mock him instead!

Of course there is the classic 'Iggy sucks', but I'm hoping the creative genius that came up with "Thank you Kessel" can top that effort.

How about "Iggy loves Crosby" ?

I might buy tickets to that game only to try to inflict as much verbal abuse on Iginla as humanly possible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Friday, April 19, 2013, please don't boo Jerome Iginla - mock him instead!

buy me a ticket and i'll be doing the same thing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

man, folks have got to think of some really good mock chants.

This isn't just about being a Bruins fan.

It's about faith, loyalty, a man being true to his word, basic American freedoms, basic Canadian freedoms, basic human rights.  it's beyond hockey.  it's about our children and the right to practice religion and the right to bear arms.

Are you all just going to sit back and let Jerome Iginla take that away from you?

Well, I'm not.  As a proud human being who has unalienable rights, I'm just not going to take it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Fricken site doesn't let me post pics anymore.  I have some really good ones on why Jarome chose Pittsburgh.  It would be up there with the Sedin Sisters in ballet slippers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Fricken site doesn't let me post pics anymore.  I have some really good ones on why Jarome chose Pittsburgh.  It would be up there with the Sedin Sisters in ballet slippers.

link?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Just throw garbage at him instead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Just throw garbage at him instead.

now we're talking!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

we all have to hook up with the vegetable vendors at haymarket and get their spoiled tomatoes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

now we're talking!

Inside joke to bostonfan08976126112250757116821182127175. Don't take that literally BH. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

why wait for April 19?

First home game!

And figuratively throw rotten vegetables at him!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

"Jarome's word is worthless"

-considering that he went back on his word

??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's just another loser Penguin now. I'm sure he'll start whining like Cindy, it's the Penguin way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

"Jarome's word is worthless"

-considering that he went back on his word

??

I think chants have to be 3 words or at most 4 and technically that's 5.

how about f bomb u iggy?

Short if not sweet and directly to the point

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BritishColumbiaBruin. Show BritishColumbiaBruin's posts

In response to ColonCampbell's comment:

how old are you? ... 10, 11 ?

[/QUOTE]

Wow, getting called immature by a guy called ColonCampbell.  That must sting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Revered as a saviour one day, despised as a traitor the next.

Jerry Seinfeld was right -- we don't cheer for players, we cheer for laundry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we-L7w1K5Zo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:

Shows what passion you have as a fan.

Just for the sake of argument let's suppose your team lost in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Do you think any sentiment would be expressed by any fans?

I'm not saying get too carried away like starting a riot or anything...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Just for the sake of argument let's suppose your team lost in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Awesome, Badhab! I swear this board has some seriously talented and creative writers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

"Eff you Iggy" seems like the way to go. I mean literally "eff you" not the actual word, allowing the younger fans with moderately bad parents to participate. The ones with really bad parents will be upset that no one else is using the actual word because they are drunk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

7 pm game, the really young ones should be in bed by then.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

Awesome, Badhab! I swear this board has some seriously talented and creative writers!

I suppose you're right, if by 'creative talent', you mean recycling the same tired old line.  Yep, great "creativity" here amongst the contributors to this forum!

You guys are missing my point entirely. 

You're all choked that Iggy snubbed the Bruins and chose the Pens instead -- acknowledging what everyone knows -- that the Pens are the consensus picks to get to the Final from the East. 

My previous point remains valid -- if the Flames trade had originally been with the Senators, but Iggy said "I'd rather play for the Bruins", then you'd all be rejoicing, and not worrying about whether or not a waiver was signed, or who is being "honourable" here.

But, if you'd rather bad-mouth one of the most respected players in the League, just because he prefers the Pens, and want to keep trotting out the old tired "riot" b.s. everytime I post, then, well, whatever turns yer crank.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

I suppose you're right, if by 'creative talent', you mean recycling the same tired old line.  Yep, great "creativity" here amongst the contributors to this forum!

You're all choked that Iggy snubbed the Bruins and chose the Pens instead -- acknowledging what everyone knows -- that the Pens are the consensus picks to get to the Final from the East. 

My previous point remains valid -- if the Flames trade had originally been with the Senators, but Iggy said "I'd rather play for the Bruins", then you'd all be rejoicing, and not worrying about whether or not a waiver was signed, or who is being "honourable" here.

But, if you'd rather bad-mouth one of the most respected players in the League, just because he prefers the Pens, and want to keep trotting out the old tired "riot" b.s. everytime I post, then, well, whatever turns yer crank.

Nope. Not what I meant at all. You can go back to the streets now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The line is tired, granted.

But the point is valid.  The emotion from Canucks fans was significantly greater than when the Bruins were eliminated from the Stanely Cup finals, there was a riot last time, no?

And as for your original post - yes, there would be celebration here.  I would have for sure said that it never should have leaked that he was going to the Sens, I would not have liked to see him come to the Bruins in a tainted way.  I might guess some of the other posters would feel that way, too.

And certainly I would say the Calgary and Sens fans have every right in the world to be upset.

If I were a Flames fan, I'd be livid about this.

Sections
Shortcuts