Friday, April 19, 2013, please don't boo Jerome Iginla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Re: Friday, April 19, 2013, please don't boo Jerome Iginla

In response to Davinator's comment:

In response to bim09's comment:

Prolly because you're spelling Jarome wrong. :P  I spelled it wrong too so don't feel bad.

Yes, I would boo him if I were going to the game.  Selfish decision that affected many people and organizations.  There's no way Pittsburgh wins the Cup this year.

Um,  that's 'probably' bim09, not 'prolly'.

no, it's not. do not EVER correct spelling again or you will feel my wrath.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

Watch this entire link:

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/4/0/895264/clip/301

If this is true, then we should be booing Jay Feaster

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Jarome wasted a lot of people's time... he should have said right from the beginning, "I WANT PITTSBURGH." End of story.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

he screwed us. that situation where our hopes were up, and we were excited, it was because of him. There is a 0% chance of us signing him. we know he doesn't want to be here. he should be one of the most hated guys in the league for bruins fans. i hope in the first game of the eastern conference finals, he fights lucic, and breaks his hand on looches helmet

He didn't screw us or the B's.  He wanted to play in Pitt with a superstar team in hopes of winning the Cup.  He used his contractal rights to do so. 

All of our hopes were up because Aaron Ward said it was a done deal and it wasn't.  It's not like Iginla was seen wearing a Red Sox hat to the draft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He didn't screw us or the B's.  He wanted to play in Pitt with a superstar team in hopes of winning the Cup.  He used his contractal rights to do so. 

All of our hopes were up because Aaron Ward said it was a done deal and it wasn't.  It's not like Iginla was seen wearing a Red Sox hat to the draft.

True, but he will never be held in high esteem again, at least not by this crowd (myself included), unless he fails this summer, signs with the Bruins and leads them to a Cup in 2014 or later.

I understand that he wants to win the Cup - I would like to win the Cup myself (as in being on a Stanley Cup winning team, not just being a team's fan) if I were a hockey player. But I would not enjoy winning the Cup in a crooked way, i.e. by deliberately hurting other teams' star players (Neely, Savard, Karlsson).

Such a "championship" would forever leave a bad taste in my mouth.
    Now, does "assembling an all-star team" (can anybody say "NY Yankees 2009"?) constitute winning in a crooked way? Certainly not, if it's done without tampering...

Jarome Iginla may get his wish this summer. But he may also ask himself later on how much he really contributed to this "cup purchase".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I'm more interested to see if he gets boo'd in Calgary.  Its a given he'll be boo'd here.

Regarding: decreasing our chances of signing him this offseason.  Im sure some team will overpay because of his name....So....who cares?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I'm more interested to see if he gets boo'd in Calgary.  Its a given he'll be boo'd here.

Regarding: decreasing our chances of signing him this offseason.  Im sure some team will overpay because of his name....So....who cares?

Good question, Drew.  Somehow I think he'll be received warmly when he takes his pre-game spin.  There didn't seen to be much animosity towards his leaving like the one that developed here in Toronto several years ago when Mats Sundin refused to waive his no trade clause.  In sports media he went from hero to selfish very quickly. I recall people calling in requesting he be removed as captain for seemingly putting his own needs ahead of the franchise.

I'd be curious to see fan reaction to Feaster regarding the first-round pick and prospects package the Flames received in return.  At some point in time I'd think Flames fans would like to see something tangible in the exchange.  It may not happen for a while.  Not with Hanowski chosen 63rd overall in 2009 while Agostino was 140th in 2010.  It's debatable whether they'll ever suit up for Calgary.  The Pens' first-rounder this year figures to be between 28 and 30 and could be an impactful player but down the road. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Good question, Drew.  Somehow I think he'll be received warmly when he takes his pre-game spin.  There didn't seen to be much animosity towards his leaving like the one that developed here in Toronto several years ago when Mats Sundin refused to waive his no trade clause.  In sports media he went from hero to selfish very quickly. I recall people calling in requesting he be removed as captain for seemingly putting his own needs ahead of the franchise.

I'd be curious to see fan reaction to Feaster regarding the first-round pick and prospects package the Flames received in return.  At some point in time I'd think Flames fans would like to see something tangible in the exchange.  It may not happen for a while.  Not with Hanowski chosen 63rd overall in 2009 while Agostino was 140th in 2010.  It's debatable whether they'll ever suit up for Calgary.  The Pens' first-rounder this year figures to be between 28 and 30 and could be an impactful player but down the road. 

I hear that Flames fans are disgusted with the return.  Thats second hand, so please take w/ a grain of salt.

I can honestly see Flames fans booing Jarome and not booing Jarome.  I hope that we (at some point)  get a chance to see their reaction.  Id probably cheer him if I was a Cal fan.  But Im pretty loyal.  I have a Cocoa crisp poster hanging in my office.  

Gotta ask: your handle intrigues me.  Are you a massive Rich Hill fan?  I live in Prov so I got a chance to exchange a few sentences with him when he was playing long toss in the Pawtucket outfield.  Very personable guy.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think Boston fans cheer guys on opposing teams when they've never played here or done anything for us.  That's crazy.

What's even worse is the notion that we should cheer him in the hopes that he will be flattered enough to consider us for an offseason signing!??  He had his chance to play here and he boycotted it.  This is Boston, we don't beg people to play here.  

I don't really care if people boo him or not, but if you cheer him, you're a Penguins fan.

Let's not be the guy who keeps buying drinks for the girl who's already told us to get lost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I hear that Flames fans are disgusted with the return.  Thats second hand, so please take w/ a grain of salt.

I can honestly see Flames fans booing Jarome and not booing Jarome.  I hope that we (at some point)  get a chance to see their reaction.  Id probably cheer him if I was a Cal fan.  But Im pretty loyal.  I have a Cocoa crisp poster hanging in my office.  

Gotta ask: your handle intrigues me.  Are you a massive Rich Hill fan?  I live in Prov so I got a chance to exchange a few sentences with him when he was playing long toss in the Pawtucket outfield.  Very personable guy.  

I bet he gets a standing O in Calgary.  They still love him.

Can't speak for RHO, but I think 'Rich Hill' means Richmond Hill, the Toronto suburb.  I think he lives there since he gives us the low down on the Leafs frequently.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I bet he gets a standing O in Calgary.  They still love him.

Can't speak for RHO, but I think 'Rich Hill' means Richmond Hill, the Toronto suburb.  I think he lives there since he gives us the low down on the Leafs frequently.

So he's not a diehard fan of Rich Hill the Pawtucked PawSox bullpen pitcher?  HAHA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I don't think Boston fans cheer guys on opposing teams when they've never played here or done anything for us.  That's crazy.

What's even worse is the notion that we should cheer him in the hopes that he will be flattered enough to consider us for an offseason signing!??  He had his chance to play here and he boycotted it.  This is Boston, we don't beg people to play here.  

I don't really care if people boo him or not, but if you cheer him, you're a Penguins fan.

Let's not be the guy who keeps buying drinks for the girl who's already told us to get lost.

Well said.  Youve been a roll lately. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

So he's not a diehard fan of Rich Hill the Pawtucked PawSox bullpen pitcher?  HAHA.

Who isn't? ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

One of these days Alice, one of these days...

POW!  to the moon!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

DAMN IT.  Copying and pasting a photoshopped pic is not working.  I have a lovely pic of Jarome and Sydney from their time together when they played for Team Canada.  Somebody help me.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

True, but he will never be held in high esteem again, at least not by this crowd (myself included), unless he fails this summer, signs with the Bruins and leads them to a Cup in 2014 or later.

I understand that he wants to win the Cup - I would like to win the Cup myself (as in being on a Stanley Cup winning team, not just being a team's fan) if I were a hockey player. But I would not enjoy winning the Cup in a crooked way, i.e. by deliberately hurting other teams' star players (Neely, Savard, Karlsson).

Now, does "assembling an all-star team" (can anybody say "NY Yankees 2009"?) constitute winning in a crooked way? Certainly not, if it's done without tampering...

Jarome Iginla may get his wish this summer. But he may also ask himself later on how much he really contributed to this "cup purchase".

Same could be said about ray bourque as well.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

DAMN IT.  Copying and pasting a photoshopped pic is not working.  I have a lovely pic of Jarome and Sydney from their time together when they played for Team Canada.  Somebody help me.  

Copy and paste using Internet Explorer as your browser. Firefox or Google Chrome will not work.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Actually Shupe, Bourque won a Cup with the Avs after spending an entire season there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm pretty eager to see if Iginla resigns with the Pens and for how much at season's end.

I would think some teams would pay a premium to have him - Edmonton for one, the home town boy returns.

If he signs with the Pens for short cash it will be just more proof than we already have that Boston never had a prayer of getting him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Actually Shupe, Bourque won a Cup with the Avs after spending an entire season there.

And, as far as I remember, Ray Bourque didn't ask to be traded specifically to the Avs, just to a contender - and he thought he was traded to the Flyers initially.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Drew, Fletch got it.  Richmond Hill Ontario, northeast of Toronto, is where I live.  I'm not familiar with Rich Hill the ball player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/03/29/pierre-mcguire-on-mm-i-dont-think-calgary-paid-attention-to-doing-their-due-diligence/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Bourque, Hejduk, Tanguay, Foote.

Rob Blake gets traded at the deadline.

Avs win the Cup.

I don't think Blake looks back on his Cup run and thinks, "Yeah, but, I mean, that was such a good team already."

Many teams (see:  history of the New York Rangers) have tried to purchase a Cup.  It doesn't work that easily.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Bourque, Hejduk, Tanguay, Foote.

Rob Blake gets traded at the deadline.

Avs win the Cup.

I don't think Blake looks back on his Cup run and thinks, "Yeah, but, I mean, that was such a good team already."

Many teams (see:  history of the New York Rangers) have tried to purchase a Cup.  It doesn't work that easily.

That was pre-salary cap too, its now even harder.

And Drury.

Sections
Shortcuts