FROM THE TORONTO SUN: CAN THE BRUINS WIN THE LOTTERY TWICE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

FROM THE TORONTO SUN: CAN THE BRUINS WIN THE LOTTERY TWICE?

I found this article in today's Toronto Sun by staff sports writer Mike Zeisberger.  He lays out the distinct possibility of the Bruins reaping further potential rewards on the Kessel deal in next June's draft.  Have to admit it brought a smile to my face.  Thought you might like to check it out.  
    http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Boston/2010/12/03/16425131.html?cid=ETF

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: FROM THE TORONTO SUN: CAN THE BRUINS WIN THE LOTTERY TWICE?

"Meanwhile, even those impressed with Kessel’s raw skill are concerned with his inconsistency right now"

And this is where I think Chiarelli was being nice with his comments this past fall. As much as PC is friends with Burke he doesn't want to rub it in his face as this will go down as very bad investment for the Leafs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: FROM THE TORONTO SUN: CAN THE BRUINS WIN THE LOTTERY TWICE?:
    " Meanwhile, even those impressed with Kessel’s raw skill are concerned with his inconsistency right now" And this is where I think Chiarelli was being nice with his comments this past fall. As much as PC is friends with Burke he doesn't want to rub it in his face as this will go down as very bad investment for the Leafs.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

True enough, Dawg.  Amazing what a difference a year and a half has made.  When Burke first aquired Kessel, Leaf Nation was applauding how he embodied the team he promised to build.  Burke had "aggressively" cornered Chiarelli into a checkmate-style bind. 

Burke was hailed as the strongman who put the boots to the bespectacled PC in obtaining a young crown jewel of a shooter.  Clearly, Burke overestimated the talent on his roster and was not expecting a near basement finish which could happen again this season. 

Burke has to stick by his PK deal.  Everyone knows Kessel can and will score his share but Burke should remember Dennis Maruk scored 60 goals for the 81/82 Caps who finished 26-41-13.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It comes as no surprise to people that watched Kessel carefully in Boston.  He's steeped in talent, but lacking in a lot of other areas.  I thought the $5.5 million price tag was enough to walk away from Kessel.  To be offered two lottery picks along with that is...just...mind boggling.

Toronto probably feels the way I did watching Jeff Bagwell play year after year in Houston -- will the pain of this trade ever go away??

Seguin could have a very long career.  I almost feel bad for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I vowed not to talk of Kessel, nonetheless  given the nature of tonight's game I will mention a few words.  When he was traded, I stated that I hoped he would do well.  I thought he made a mistake given the media attention in Toronto as compared to Boston, correct!  Now, a year later, the Bs have benefitted from the trade beyond what I thought and PC thought as well.  Would I want a 21 year old to do poorly as a hockey player and psychologically, no.  The thing is he made the decision and he is a millionarie.  My sympathy stops there. 

Toronto should be a great hockey town as is Montreal, Detroit, and hopefully Boston.  I don't feel sorry for management or businesses who make poor decisions.  Too bad is my philosophy.  Hope the Bs can land Larsson is my only thought.  Now is that different from last year, nope.  Right now Toronto suoks, good for all who support the Bs.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Yes we can. Leafs are a horrible team ran by a horrible GM and Coach. You give up Kessel for premium picks plus give him an undeserved contract?? Versteeg is proving that PC actually didn't make a mistake of getting rid of. (Just played well under Chicago) 

We will win the lottery and get adam larsson =]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2010/12/fan-forum-will-bruins-get-the-top-pick-in-the-2011-draft.html

Wonder if the poll would be 80% at for a picks 2-5 if it were 14 days ago ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Toronto probably feels the way I did watching Jeff Bagwell play year after year in Houston -- will the pain of this trade ever go away?? Seguin could have a very long career.  I almost feel bad for them.
    Posted by Fletcher1

The Bagwell trade was a bad trade, no doubt.  But the Sox made the deal to get Larry Andersen.  Andersen helped the Sox make the playoffs.  Kessel ain't helpin' the Laffs get to the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: FROM THE TORONTO SUN: CAN THE BRUINS WIN THE LOTTERY TWICE? : The Bagwell trade was a bad trade, no doubt.  But the Sox made the deal to get Larry Andersen.  Andersen helped the Sox make the playoffs.  Kessel ain't helpin' the Laffs get to the playoffs.
    Posted by jalvis

I know, I know...it just seemed like a decade of jealously watching that guy playing third for the Astros.

Hope the Leafs fans can get a taste of that for the next 10-15 years...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

In Response to FROM THE TORONTO SUN: CAN THE BRUINS WIN THE LOTTERY TWICE?:
    I found this article in today's Toronto Sun by staff sports writer Mike Zeisberger.  He lays out the distinct possibility of the Bruins reaping further potential rewards on the Kessel deal in next June's draft.  Have to admit it brought a smile to my face.  Thought you might like to check it out.   http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Boston/2010/12/03/16425131.html?cid=ETF
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

Good article, Thanks! Let's all hope the Bruins get another lottery pick. That would be fantastic! 

Sections
Shortcuts