Frowny McQuaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Frowny McQuaid

McQuaid bonks his noggin, then comes back out next shift. Normally not a huge deal, but there is *clearly* something different in his demeanor. He's physically hunched in his skating, sluggish and looks like he's squinting.

Call me silly, but he doesn't look right. What are they doing putting him back out there?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Frowny McQuaid

Here we go...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

In Response to Frowny McQuaid:
    [QUOTE]McQuaid bonks his noggin, then comes back out next shift. Normally not a huge deal, but there is *clearly* something different in his demeanor. He's physically hunched in his skating, sluggish and looks like he's squinting. Call me silly, but he doesn't look right. What are they doing putting him back out there?
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I think it's his neck. I thought when he got hit it was over extended (is that the word?) to one side.. When they showed him the first time back on the bench I could see him moving his head from side to side (kinda testing it) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I know, I know...the one way to look at it as overreaching by a fan. The other is combining what I saw with my frustration with the inconsistent headshot protocol, as we've seen in many games most notably in the MTL series last year.

It just seems wrong that in this day and age, when scrutiny and player safety is at an all-time high, that someone who looked dazed didn't get thrust into the concussion protocol as established by the league.

Seems like a reasonable observation, no?

Good news is hopefully it was nothing. He seemed to be fine after the game, but my eyes were not playing tricks and he didn't look right for a couple of those last shifts there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I think a guy will have to show serious signs of head trauma to come out this time of year (Bambi legs or out cold). McQuaid didn't look right and even stumbled next shift. Coincidence? Maybe. We could debate if this is right or wrong but at the end of the day a players career is his own and simply playing pro hockey is risky and unsafe. If it was me, knowing all the risks, I would roll the dice and play on if I could and I guess that many do. Reported concussions are the last thing I would want on my medical records as a pro. Not everyone is Sid with a solid financial future and can walk away set for life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'll ask again. What the frack are the Bs doing having McQuaid in right now? Give this guy a couple games off, for pete's sake. He's getting killed out there every game.

The human head and neck can only sustain so many direct hits.

Sections
Shortcuts