Fun In Vancouver??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Fun In Vancouver??

I don't know if there's been a thread on this already, but I can't imagine that there's going to be too many SC parties in Vancouver this week. To think that Chicago, the team that eliminated them in the Western Conference Semi-Finals in 2009 and then again in 2010 are meeting the Bruins, the team that handed them their historic and demoralizing defeat in 2011. It must be a bitter pill to swallow. Even though the Canucks beat the Hawks in the 1st round in 2011, there is still a tremendous hate on between those two teams. I still bet that the majority of Vancouver fans would cheer for the Hawks over the Bruins anyday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Fun In Vancouver??

I don't think the defeat in 2011 was historic or demoralizing.

It was a loss in a seven game battle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Well I'll never forget 2011 so it was historic for me. I bet Canucks fans would agree and probably any Bruins fan. I've seen it written the the Canucks never really got over that loss so I'd have to say that it was demoralizing as well. Could probably come up with sources if I was writing a thesis but I am not too bent on terminology. But I do agree that it was a seven game battle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I don't think the defeat in 2011 was historic or demoralizing.

It was a loss in a seven game battle.

Oh c'mon.  Vancouver has come to define 'demoralized'.  Riots, conspiracy theories, lingering bitterness, beers thrown at Milt Schmidt impersonators two years later...they're full of bitterness.

I think they hate the Bruins so much they'll be cheering for the Hawks.

Not sure why they'd cheer for anyone when the whole thing is fixed though...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to newfiewhaler's comment:

Well I'll never forget 2011 so it was historic for me. I bet Canucks fans would agree and probably any Bruins fan. I've seen it written the the Canucks never really got over that loss so I'd have to say that it was demoralizing as well. Could probably come up with sources if I was writing a thesis but I am not too bent on terminology. But I do agree that it was a seven game battle.

I agree with you. They are pissed - the fans are anyway. Heck they rioted. This was for the CUP. Not to get there, or move on, but the CUP itself. The HOLY GRAIL of all that is hockey. No, they do hate the Bruins. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

Amazingly, if you go to the tsn.ca website there are a number of Vancouver fans on the threads there giving props to the Bruins for how good they are right now. As soon as AV leaves town the whining starts to disappear. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Vancouver is dead to me.  I've moved on and they should too.  Can you imagine if soxfan was a Canuck fan in 2011?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kivvak's comment:

Amazingly, if you go to the tsn.ca website there are a number of Vancouver fans on the threads there giving props to the Bruins for how good they are right now. As soon as AV leaves town the whining starts to disappear. 

Wow. I didnt realize the coach of a team could have that much influence on how the fans view things.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Good hockey is good hockey. The Bruins are playing such a great team game right now. Nice to hear that Canuck fans appreciate that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to kivvak's comment:

Wow. I didnt realize the coach of a team could have that much influence on how the fans view things.

When the GM,coach and stars of the team all whine and complain after every loss the fan base will usually follow. Just look at Buffalo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Bruins totally demoralized Van. Since that game 7 loss they have won one playoff game!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

Bruins totally demoralized Van. Since that game 7 loss they have won one playoff game!!

And set their city on fire.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Their failure must be viewed by them,  from within....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

The fan base in Van is awful but there is still good places to go as a Bruins fan.  I know I will be living it up this series in Van. Sure Red will be as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I haven't talked to too many of my friends since Chicago clinched (been sick) but back at work today and my colleagues are split - half are just looking for good hockey, the others have picked the lesser of two evils, though that differs for some of - some are going for Hawks, some are going for B's. Basically picked the team they hate less.

As for fun in Van, the games I never went to last time, I watched in my brother's front yard after we brought the TV outside. It was an absolute blast.

That's what I plan to do this time around too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Their failure must be viewed by them,  from within....

Very nice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

I don't know if there's been a thread on this already, but I can't imagine that there's going to be too many SC parties in Vancouver this week. To think that Chicago, the team that eliminated them in the Western Conference Semi-Finals in 2009 and then again in 2010 are meeting the Bruins, the team that handed them their historic and demoralizing defeat in 2011. It must be a bitter pill to swallow. Even though the Canucks beat the Hawks in the 1st round in 2011, there is still a tremendous hate on between those two teams. I still bet that the majority of Vancouver fans would cheer for the Hawks over the Bruins anyday.

To Bruin and Van fans  in general it sure was historic, and demoralizing for Van fans.  The hatred of the Hawks though festered for years compared to the Bs  1 year tangle. Maybe that's why others here are noting Van fans acknowledging the Bs moreso .

Sections
Shortcuts