Fun No Matter What Tonight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight!

In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : hopign? have another drink? I always wondered how Jacobs became a billionairre without providing a service deserving of it, then I came here and read and I see why... :)
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

ya cause thats how jacobs became a billionaire from owning the bruins. believe me thats not how

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : hopign? have another drink? I always wondered how Jacobs became a billionairre without providing a service deserving of it, then I come here and read and I see why... :)

Still laughing at ya there, half pint.

Tough loss for you.

Go ahead a cry yourself to sleep while everyone else here enjoys it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : WOW you took the words right out of my mouth ! On another note,  was that a great move by Krejci or what ??? Special K ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Bruins will win 5-1, 6-3 tomorrow or something like that, this team is extremely streaky especially on the road... we'll see how they are when they come home vs tb

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : I know.  I know.  There is just no need for it.  If you don't like the B's, go elsewhere.  If you can't enjoy THAT win, go elsewhere. That guy is just a jerk.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

He/She has been around since last season and just gets upset when the Bruins win . Just ignore. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's official. The best team besides the Bruins (LOL) is the Detroit RedWings. When they're healthy they'll be hard to beat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Shoot ! Tomorrow I got a game of my own and will miss most of the game darnit!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : Bruins will win 5-1, 6-3 tomorrow or something like that, this team is extremely streaky especially on the road... we'll see how they are when they come home vs tb

I'm hoping they don't get off to a sluggish start tomorrow due to them still basking in the glow of tonight's massive win and allow those young, fast Oilers, perhaps still smarting after being embarrassed at home 5-0 by the Blues in their last game, to come at Rask in waves.  I prefer your prediction, 40Yrs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : And your a chick that can hold your own on here, your contribution to this forum is appreciated.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Danke Pauly. We're all just fans, right? Well, except for yaz, 40 etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Marchand needs to cool it a bit...mature is the new black....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : Did he come from Florida, or is that another Ballard...
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]

Jake, Keith Ballard is the player perhaps best known for getting so mad after a goal against his former Panther club, he swung his stick wanting to smash it against the crossbar but instead almost took off Vokun's ear. 

It was all over the hi-lite packages last season.  He joined the Canucks during the summer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : Jake, Keith Ballard is the player perhaps best known for getting so mad after a goal against his former Panther club, he swung his stick wanting to smash it against the crossbar but instead almost took off Vokun's ear.  It was all over the hi-lite packages last season.  He joined the Canucks during the summer.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I remember that. Perhaps Vokoun had it coming?.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : Greg Campbell is a quality hockey player.  He could be a third line center/second line fill in.  Thornton is u-s-e-l-e-s-s.
    If Shawn Thornton plays in the playoffs.we Are done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : Plus Kelly had those two blocks near the end.  He really contributed to this win.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Kelly looking like a playoff gem. He just barely missed connecting w/ Lucic a few times where the result would have been 1-0 on the goalie for Lucic.

Lucic was a freaking monster tonight nuff' said. And I freaking wet myself when Krejci made that move, I have a feeling maybe 1-3 other people in the bar knew what the term "Dangle" means but I yelled it so loud everyone heard me hahaha.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : If Shawn Thornton plays in the playoffs.we Are done.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Beez,Thornton was,by far,Boston's weakest player last night.Vancouver made him look even slower and more overmatched than usual.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : Yeah Beez,Thornton was,by far,Boston's weakest player last night.Vancouver made him look even slower and more overmatched than usual.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Paille in, Thornton out.  It has to be done.  There is no room for him.  I think again to him trying to start fights when Vancouver went up 1-0.   Looks like the Bruins didn't need that sort of fake energy boost.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : Paille in, Thornton out.  It has to be done.  There is no room for him.  I think again to him trying to start fights when Vancouver went up 1-0.   Looks like the Bruins didn't need that sort of fake energy boost.
    I know we disagree on whether Seguin should replace Kelly but I'd prefer a 4th line with Kelly and Campbell.Thornton/Paille can be interchangeable.That would put Seguin into a better position to produce with Peverly and Ryder.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

100% right dez, seguin is improving and if he can move up the curve quickly he would give this team exactly what is missing, a scoring threat who can create offense.  We know exactly what camp, kelly, peverly, ryder, rex, etc are 10-20 goal guys who are veteran 3rd/4th line guys.  All great guys to have on a contender, but none give you what Seguin potentially could.  If seguin continues his rapid improvement he gives us what we haven't had since kessel and savvy have gone away, a skilled offensive threat.

Unfortunately, Clod doesn't want guys who are elite offensive talents on the ice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]100% right dez, seguin is improving and if he can move up the curve quickly he would give this team exactly what is missing, a scoring threat who can create offense.  We know exactly what camp, kelly, peverly, ryder, rex, etc are 10-20 goal guys who are veteran 3rd/4th line guys.  All great guys to have on a contender, but none give you what Seguin potentially could.  If seguin continues his rapid improvement he gives us what we haven't had since kessel and savvy have gone away, a skilled offensive threat. Unfortunately, Clod doesn't want guys who are elite offensive talents on the ice.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]
    Seguin's speed and overall skill-set is being wasted with 4th line duties but as long as they're winning.............

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : Seguin's speed and overall skill-set is being wasted with 4th line duties but as long as they're winning.............

There just doesn't seem to be a place for him on this team.  He's not really an energy guy, and he can't displace anybody on the scoring lines, and his defense isn't good enough for a shut down role.  We are essentially taking up a roster spot so Seguin can go to school.  I'm not even convinced it is in his best interest.  Lucic and Bergeron earned their spots as 18 yr olds, Seguin seemed to have his given to him. Hope it pays in the long run.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : Seguin's speed and overall skill-set is being wasted with 4th line duties but as long as they're winning.............

He's not good enough.  It took me a long time to come to this realization, but it is true.  He should be in the coming years, but right now, he's just not good enough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : There just doesn't seem to be a place for him on this team.  He's not really an energy guy, and he can't displace anybody on the scoring lines, and his defense isn't good enough for a shut down role.  We are essentially taking up a roster spot so Seguin can go to school.  I'm not even convinced it is in his best interest.  Lucic and Bergeron earned their spots as 18 yr olds, Seguin seemed to have his given to him. Hope it pays in the long run.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

The same could be said of Hall to start the season, difference is, Seguin has got 7 minutes a night, Hall gets 18.  Seguin had more points than Hall until Dec, Hall started finding his game because he had the chance to (same could be said of Stamkos and pretty much every other top 3 picks who didnt "earn a spot" at first). 

Seguin didn't get minutes (just like rask) because Clod was trying to save his own tail.  If we had Tyler hitting his stride after some growing pains, this team would be in an even stronger position than they are now, he just hasn't been given the opportunity to work through things like Hall.  Unless you consider setting up or being fed by Thornton a real shot and having things given to him. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : There just doesn't seem to be a place for him on this team.  He's not really an energy guy, and he can't displace anybody on the scoring lines, and his defense isn't good enough for a shut down role.  We are essentially taking up a roster spot so Seguin can go to school.  I'm not even convinced it is in his best interest.  Lucic and Bergeron earned their spots as 18 yr olds, Seguin seemed to have his given to him. Hope it pays in the long run.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Just a thought here, but Seguin is in one of those juxtaposition of not playing enough but not deserving to play more.  He had a decent 6 minutes last night, yet in one instance, when I was a bit sleepy eyed, he had a nice outlet pass skating into the offensive zone, he misplayed the puck leading to Vancouver flurry up ice.  Now that is what scares CJ.  CJ just needs to work him in a bit more so he could realize his skill in the playoffs.  If Seguin does not respond in the next twenty games then he should sit during the playoffs.  I still rather have Seguin in the line up than Paille at this point.  It is just more logical.  Afterall what else does the Bs management need to know about Paille.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : The same could be said of Hall to start the season, difference is, Seguin has got 7 minutes a night, Hall gets 18.  Seguin had more points than Hall until Dec, Hall started finding his game because he had the chance to (same could be said of Stamkos and pretty much every other top 3 picks who didnt "earn a spot" at first).  Seguin didn't get minutes (just like rask) because Clod was trying to save his own tail.  If we had Tyler hitting his stride after some growing pains, this team would be in an even stronger position than they are now, he just hasn't been given the opportunity to work through things like Hall.  Unless you consider setting up or being fed by Thornton a real shot and having things given to him. 
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that the Bruins are trying to win the Cup, not groom Tyler Seguin.  He'll be fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : He's not good enough.  It took me a long time to come to this realization, but it is true.  He should be in the coming years, but right now, he's just not good enough.

We're actually on the same page here. But this doesnt bother me at all anymore really. If Tyler really does the talent and character that has been attributed to him. Wouldnt playing on a team where he has to earn every possible second of playing time and compete for a stanley cup with a team full of hungry vets/youngsters. Cause him to actually grow more as a player and leader giving him intangible experience that Hall wont get a sniff of for years to come.

He basically went from being the #1 star to a 4th liner and he has to figure out how to be that #1 star again. Hall basically had the title handed to him and doesnt have to answer for any of his rookie mistakes that Tyler gets lynched for by CJ.

I hope this style benefits him, he seems to be tough enough(mentally) to handle it, I'd be thrilled if he had a Sakic like cieling.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun No Matter What Tonight! : Keep in mind that the Bruins are trying to win the Cup, not groom Tyler Seguin.  He'll be fine.
    Those things shouldn't have to be mutually exclusive.