Fundamental

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fundamental

How many times have you seen a guy come out of the box, get a pass behind everyone, skate in alone and score?  It happens, right?

Down 3-0 with 15 minutes left in the third, the B's get called for too many men.  Who does Julien elect to serve the penalty?

Thornton.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Fundamental

You know what's fundamental ? It's when the Bruins start the 2nd period and who does Julien have on the ice to take the faceoff ?  The 4th line. That's a gift and since Boucher had the last change guess which line he put on ? His 1st line. Can you spell  M I S M A T C H !  Fundementaly you put your 1st or 2nd line to start the period on the road.
    Next thing you know Tampa gets a good scoring chance and then draw a penalty.  Bruins on their heels from there on and Tampa has all the momentum. Game over !
    Julien to blame as much as the players for this game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Fundamental:
    [QUOTE]You know what's fundamental ,  when the Bruins start the 2nd period and who does Julien have on the ice to take the faceoff ?  The 4th line. That's a gift and since Boucher had the last change guess which line he put on ? His 1st line. Can you spell  M I S M A T C H ! Next thing you know Tampa gets a good scoring chance and then draw a penalty.  Bruins on their heels from there on and Tampa has all the momentum. Game over ! Julien to blame as much as the players for this game.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Fundamental:
    [QUOTE]How many times have you seen a guy come out of the box, get a pass behind everyone, skate in alone and score?  It happens, right? Down 3-0 with 15 minutes left in the third, the B's get called for too many men.  Who does Julien elect to serve the penalty? Thornton.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Agreed totaly, but what I find really disturbing about this team, is how flat they are right from the opening faceoff. There are many too many nights where either Thomas or Rask are having to make, huge save after to save to keep  the team in it. To me, Julien dosen't seem to have this team prepared to compete from the get go. Imagine where we would be without great goaltending.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

How about the fundamental skills of making and receiving passes?  That has appeared to be sorely lacking lately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I usually stick up for Julien, but I think you guys are making good points.  I don't understand why this team didn't compete until the 3rd period.  I don't understand why they start 4th line, on the road, when they know the Stamkos-St Louis line will be out.  I don't know why their break out is so abysmal - same predictable pass up the half boards everytime.

This team looked poorly coached tonight, I hope it is the exception.

Can't believe they laid another egg for Tuukka -- that guy has seen a lot of poor efforts in front of him this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In the first period, Thornton had more ice time than Bergeron.

God forbid they try to get the lead.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Another tough one to watch.  They were out-played in every facet of the game.  Poor puck pursuit, bad passes, cement skates, etc.  Not sure what to make of this team.  I thought the Bi-polar was addressed in the off season.

A couple bright spots though: Segzy flyin up ice and almost making a highlight reel move.  Wheeler with some nice jump early.  And, Krech just rock solid at both ends of the ice.

I can't wait for Savy to come back.  He definately could have made a difference tonight, for sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Glad someone mentioned Tuukka... he's really been stuck holding the bag this year. And what a poor example being set for Seguin. Anything less than 100% effort needs to be punished instead of rewarding the few who are giving 100%.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Thornton is a great choice to serve the penalty, because he is easily the most experienced in the penalty box.

I agree, any offensive player that wont be killing the penalty would be fine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Segzy flyin up ice and almost making a highlight reel move. 
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Segzy?  That's awful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]Another tough one to watch.  They were out-played in every facet of the game.  Poor puck pursuit, bad passes, cement skates, etc.  Not sure what to make of this team.  I thought the Bi-polar was addressed in the off season. A couple bright spots though: Segzy flyin up ice and almost making a highlight reel move.  Wheeler with some nice jump early.  And, Krech just rock solid at both ends of the ice. I can't wait for Savy to come back.  He definately could have made a difference tonight, for sure.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Is it really that much more of a hassle to just say "Seguin?"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]You know what's fundamental ? It's when the Bruins start the 2nd period and who does Julien have on the ice to take the faceoff ?  The 4th line. That's a gift and since Boucher had the last change guess which line he put on ? His 1st line. Can you spell  M I S M A T C H !  Fundementaly you put your 1st or 2nd line to start the period on the road. Next thing you know Tampa gets a good scoring chance and then draw a penalty.  Bruins on their heels from there on and Tampa has all the momentum. Game over ! Julien to blame as much as the players for this game.

Probably because the 4th line was the only one skating, hitting and making things happen.. I am not a Julien fan, far from it, but when your 1st , 2nd, and 3rd lines don't put in an honest nights effort then you make a statement. What was Horton tonite, no shots, no hits, nothing.. Come On Man!! Second period was a complete domination by TB ..the whole period was played in the Bruins end.. No compete level by the players on the 3 lines, I can't blame Julien for this one..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Speaking of fundamentals & terrible play--look how god awful Seguin looks at this.. chasing the puck towards a low percentage area (when the guy is already covered incidently). His job is clearly to get his head up and look for the trailer, and make sure he's in that passing lane.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010020304  (you have to click on the video button)

awful, you learn that before high school/juniors-that isn't a "rookie mistake". no excuse.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Idn what your seeing.  He was pressuring the puck carrier and had no help from his linemates..

I like that play.  It's aggressive.  Rex or Bergy should have come back with the trailer, but Rex was slackin and Bergy was going for a change.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I find it slightly annoying that the Bruins lose in a shootout loss to LA, come off of it with this terrible effort, and both Buffalo and Ottawa, two division rivals and clearly less talented teams than the B's, win against LA.  I don't understand why the B's come off so lackluster, but that is coaching.  It has been happening for two plus years now and although I think CJ's system is excellent, I am not optimistic that his coaching style will get these guys to the Cup. I will be wicked happy if he does, but after seeing last year and some of the efforts put forth this year only affirms my suspicions.  But hey, it is still early.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Come on cowboys and pbergeron you guys are smarter than that!  Boucher couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the 4th line on the ice to start the period !!!!  You can say what you want of the 4th line; They are playing well , They are getting the most chances , They're skating well(but not even close to St  Louis or Stamkos ) ,  and I could go on and on ...  Those 3 can't even tie the skates of a Stamkos let alone skate with them !  IT'S A 4TH LINE GUYS ! 
    Sure they can compete with most of the 2nd lines on  2nd tier teams but don;t come and tell me they are the Bruins defensive solution to stop the 1st lines of ANY team especially elite players like , St Louis or Stamkos or Crosby or Ovy !
    The 4th line almost got scored on 3-4 times when they were on the ice.  Just because it didn't go in (and not shown on their +/-) does not mean they played well in their own zone.
    More importantly of the +/- the momentum of the game changes when you get hemmed in into your zone and you saw Marchand make a very bad pass through the middle,  that gave Tampa a scoring chance and then a PP. That was their 1st shift of the 2nd in which they faced off.  NUTS !   
    Let me ask you this,  there was a 2 on 1 with Thorton (Scott that is not Joe) handling the puck, would you have rather have seen , Seguin ?  Krejci ? even Bergy ?  in their place ?
    We all know that play maker Thorton made a horrible pass because that is not his job ! 
    Julien this game got out coached by Boucher. Checkmate.
    Next , move on to Panthers tomorrow night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

incorrect, the puck carrier was covered, Seguin needs to get his head up and look for a trailer. and if there isn't one, then he can pressure the puck carrier (who was already covered)

chasing the puck in that situation is brutal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I wish seguin would try and go through defenders more often. He always wips 60 footers on net. Not going to get many goals in the NHL from 60ft with no screen.

I also feel he looks confused out there. If you watch some of his Junior games you see him much more confident and dominant. Maybe the CJ system is hampering him a bit. But you cant have one player not fully buy into the system or everything breaks down so he has to try and do it to his best. He's also an 18yo rookie so mistakes and growing pains are expected.

Ive noticed that against faster/offensive/run'n'gun teams that the CJ system starts to break down. The bruins try to clog neutral ice, but St. Louis just flys by the the bruins at center ice because they are near stationary. There was not much forecheck to keep the TB speedsters bottled up. Also, there was 0 i mean 0 slot penetration. When teams take away the slot CJ needs to spread the D and go with a PP type off the boards control in the offensive zone and work the point a bit more. Instead its just dump chase crash the net TB fast break rinse repeat. A little versatility would go a long way IMO.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]You know what's fundamental ? It's when the Bruins start the 2nd period and who does Julien have on the ice to take the faceoff ?  The 4th line. That's a gift and since Boucher had the last change guess which line he put on ? His 1st line. Can you spell  M I S M A T C H !  Fundementaly you put your 1st or 2nd line to start the period on the road. Next thing you know Tampa gets a good scoring chance and then draw a penalty.  Bruins on their heels from there on and Tampa has all the momentum. Game over ! Julien to blame as much as the players for this game.

Considering what I saw from the first 2 lines, I would have put the 4th line out for the rest of the game. Man they sucked in the first 2 periods. When you see what they can do in the 3rd, then you know how little they did in the first 2 periods. If I'm the coach, they are doing wind sprints all day today.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In all fairness to who said that lines 3 and 4 are suppose to be the shutdown lines, since caron was seperated from bergeron line they lost there shutdown line that would of and should of been playing against the stamkos line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Fundamental:
    [QUOTE]How many times have you seen a guy come out of the box, get a pass behind everyone, skate in alone and score?  It happens, right? Down 3-0 with 15 minutes left in the third, the B's get called for too many men.  Who does Julien elect to serve the penalty? Thornton.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Thorton - tied for 4th in team scoring, and one of the few guys on the team that actually played in the first and second periods. That was a horrible effort last night from the 'top line' guys.
    Didn't he score a breakaway goal already this year? Hummmmm Yes he did. A perfect choice.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What we had was non-performance from key players like Horton, Recchi[ love him,BUT],Chara, and Julien, totally out of control. Ryder, lucky goal, did nothing else all night; Thornton thinks he's a scorer and is worse than before; Marchand did have a poor game, not his usual intensity. This team does not seem to be prepared frequently. That means poor coaching. Granted that some players should be moved and Chiarelli has been waiting for Savard. Fluto indicated that all they need is to move Wheeler. Do not understand how $5+ mil becomes $2mil. Ryder goes when Savvy is ready. Wheels has been playing much better at center, so when Savvy is back expect Wheels to be traded, although adding Seguin and Wheels to Savard would not be so bad. Time to put Thornton on the shelf and Recchi on the 4th line plus some PP work.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I agree with Homer, I can see that excuse then bouncing back - but I have read it in over and over from many different players. If everyone seems to "know" it why the hell don't they ever seem to do it? I understand being exhausted or just having an off game, they're human. But time and time again I've read the same thing and just don't understand why they haven't learned from it yet, and really don't feel like they are every going to.

Sections
Shortcuts