Funny Anecdote...Campbell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Funny Anecdote...Campbell

In Response to Funny Anecdote...Campbell:
    [QUOTE]As I have already gloated about in another thread, I had the good fortune of getting down into the players lockerroom/tunnel after the B's-Avs game on Saturday.  One funny anecdote came from talking to Cody McLoed of the Avs after the game, when we asked him why he and Campbell fought so early in the game. McLoed said that he didn't know Campbell, but that Campbell skated past him in warm-up's and called him a "p*ssy" and then said "you're too much of a p*ssy to fight me".  McLoed told us that he just said "first shift", and if you watch the tape he pretty much makes a beeline for Campbell as soon as he gets on the ice. Pretty ballsy from Campbell...I like it...we need an antagonist.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,that's some great insight Fletch.It's cool to hear about the little games within the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LMAO good story Fletch. OMG Campbell is to funny,  calling McLoed (that beast) a p*ussy .  LMAO
    Very very gutsy. I wonder when the rest Bruins here a comment like that goes through their minds (nut job, wacko, oh boy...). 
    Anyhow that fight worked and got the Bruins going.
    NAS does this count as staged fight ? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Funny Anecdote...Campbell:
    [QUOTE]LMAO good story Fletch. OMG Campbell is to funny,  calling McLoed (that beast) a p*ussy .  LMAO Very very gutsy. I wonder when the rest Bruins here a comment like that goes through their minds (nut job, wacko, oh boy...).  Anyhow that fight worked and got the Bruins going. NAS does this count as staged fight ? 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    If it was a staged fight it certainly worked this time(and we know it was).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thanks boys, and yeah, I said ballsy, not smart...hehe... 

The other thing that I never realized is how all the players mill around together in the tunnel after the game.  No separation at all.  Campbell walked past McLoed going to the bus and neither guy said a word, but it seemed awkward.  

Stastny and Bergeron acted like old friends and must have been talking and joking together for 15 minutes.  I can't think of where those two would have become friends?

First one out to the bus: Nathan Horton
    Last one out to the bus: Tim Thomas
    Most friendly: Ference and Lucic, all smiles and chuckles
    Most serious: Seguin (looked upset, all one word answers, but respectful)
    Looks least like a professional athlete: Brad Marchand (or Duchene)
    Biggest f*ckin hands I've ever seen: Lucic
    Biggest laugh:  Peter McNab (Avs play by play), what a happy guy.
    Hottest wife: Adam Foote (go figure...)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Fletch, you let us in on something most of us would never get the inside dope on.  We watch the games and wonder what's being said between benches, in scrums or even when players are lined up beside each other and you gave us a taste.  Well done.

BTW, Adam Foote with the hottest wife?!?  That guy could run neck and neck with former Flame, now Leaf assistant coach Tim Hunter in the NHL's All-Time Nose Championships. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch, you let us in on something most of us would never get the inside dope on.  We watch the games and wonder what's being said between benches, in scrums or even when players are lined up beside each other and you gave us a taste.  Well done. BTW, Adam Foote with the hottest wife?!?  That guy could run neck and neck with former Flame, now Leaf assistant coach Tim Hunter in the NHL's All-Time Nose Championships. 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    He's likely found another use for it......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch, you let us in on something most of us would never get the inside dope on.  We watch the games and wonder what's being said between benches, in scrums or even when players are lined up beside each other and you gave us a taste.  Well done. BTW, Adam Foote with the hottest wife?!?  That guy could run neck and neck with former Flame, now Leaf assistant coach Tim Hunter in the NHL's All-Time Nose Championships. 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Thanks RHO -- I want to share my incredible luck from the other day with the good people here and I appreciate the kind words.

The Foote thing makes no sense at all.  The nose takes a left turn....but smoking hot wife.

Perhaps it's not the only appendage that is out of the ordinary on that guy...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

An added dimension you don't see on the ice, gotta love it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Statsny & Bergeron are both from the Quebec City Area, and the same age. (although Bergeron was drafted 2 yrs earlier)

[QUOTE]Thanks boys, and yeah, I said ballsy, not smart...hehe...  The other thing that I never realized is how all the players mill around together in the tunnel after the game.  No separation at all.  Campbell walked past McLoed going to the bus and neither guy said a word, but it seemed awkward.   Stastny and Bergeron acted like old friends and must have been talking and joking together for 15 minutes.  I can't think of where those two would have become friends? First one out to the bus: Nathan Horton Last one out to the bus: Tim Thomas Most friendly: Ference and Lucic, all smiles and chuckles Most serious: Seguin (looked upset, all one word answers, but respectful) Looks least like a professional athlete: Brad Marchand (or Duchene) Biggest f*ckin hands I've ever seen: Lucic Biggest laugh:  Peter McNab (Avs play by play), what a happy guy. Hottest wife: Adam Foote (go figure...)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Pauls brother Yan also played with the B's, they prob did some summer training or even still do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Nice insight and a good post.  Thats good to hear that the Bruins do have a couple players that is willing to scrap with almost anyone(Mcquaid and Thornton being the other one example: Mcquaid vs. Konopka and Thornton vs. Boogard).  Maybe those early fights are just what gets this team going...we will see 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Nice insight and a good post.  Thats good to hear that the Bruins do have a couple players that is willing to scrap with almost anyone(Mcquaid and Thornton being the other one example: Mcquaid vs. Konopka and Thornton vs. Boogard).  Maybe those early fights are just what gets this team going...we will see 
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]
    Stuart fights whoever asks.He simply isn't allowed to fight with a brace on his hand.That's the only reason McQuaid had to jump in on his behalf.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]  Anyhow that fight worked and got the Bruins going. NAS does this count as staged fight ? 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

First, great story Fletch.  It is fun to hear things like this.

Legion:

I don't know if it got the team going.  Jack couldn't stop saying it, but that doesn't make it true. 

I don't know if I consider it staged.  I would say not.  While there was nothing related to game play, it was one guy running his mouth and the other guy getting mad.  I see that as a bit different than two skating clowns agreeing to fight because they don't know what else to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Awesome stuff... thanks! How do I get some of your good hockey fortune?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Awesome stuff... thanks! How do I get some of your good hockey fortune?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  Don't know, couldn't have been more random.  Friend of a friend works NHL security at the Pepsi Center during Avs games.  We ran in to him, drank a beer at intermission with him, and he said "you guys are big Bruins fans? Want to go down to the tunnel after the game?"  That's it...naturally that guy didn't pay for a beer the rest of the night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Funny Anecdote...Campbell : Thanks.  Don't know, couldn't have been more random.  Friend of a friend works NHL security at the Pepsi Center during Avs games.  We ran in to him, drank a beer at intermission with him, and he said "you guys are big Bruins fans? Want to go down to the tunnel after the game?"  That's it...naturally that guy didn't pay for a beer the rest of the night.

I had a similar experience years ago in L.A.  Befriended an usher, joked with him for two periods.  Were hanging around after the game and he said 'follow me" and took me and my buddy down to the bowels of the Forum, then, up to the "Forum Club" where the players went for a beverage.  Didn't actually get in the club, but had access to the players as they walked in.  This is where I got my picture taken with Raymond B. and he autographed my jersey.  It was early 90's but I'll never forget it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Funny Anecdote...Campbell : First, great story Fletch.  It is fun to hear things like this. Legion: I don't know if it got the team going.  Jack couldn't stop saying it, but that doesn't make it true.  I don't know if I consider it staged.  I would say not.  While there was nothing related to game play, it was one guy running his mouth and the other guy getting mad.  I see that as a bit different than two skating clowns agreeing to fight because they don't know what else to do.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with you on this one.  He mouthed off before the game started in the warmup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

Awsome insight! First one on the bus, Horton. Doesn't surprise me. I'm really growing to dislike that guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Awesome post Fletch, stuff like this is the reason I loved the 24/7 series so much!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac221. Show mac221's posts

Nothing but respect for Campbell.  I was at the Penguins game on Jan 25th, sitting next to the ice near the faceoff dot on the left wing, when Campbell skated out with his line.  He went directly up to Adams, and  I could clearly see him mouth to Adams, "We're going."  That's it.  Nothing else.  Then he took the faceoff and immediately dropped the gloves to fight Adams.  Classic. This guy is all heart and guts with some skill to boot. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good post fletch. Campbell has been a solid addition to the Bruins. He claims that horton will come alive, so let's root for the guy who sure seems to be trying.