Future Bruins Draft Pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Future Bruins Draft Pick?

Paul Rienhart's son Griffin:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2012/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Griffin-Reinhart

Saw this kid play the other night. He is a beast and a surefire top 2 d-man. PC needs to trade up to get him. He has it all; skill, size, and toughness. Having him and Hamilton on d in the near future makes me salivate, in a good way....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Future Bruins Draft Pick?

In Response to Future Bruins Draft Pick?:
    Paul Rienhart's son Griffin: http://www.mynhldraft.com/2012/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Griffin-Reinhart Saw this kid play the other night. He is a beast and a surefire top 2 d-man. PC needs to trade up to get him. He has it all; skill, size, and toughness. Having him and Hamilton on d in the near future makes me salivate, in a good way....
    Posted by jaywall

JM, this is a tough start to his draft year...
    http://futureconsiderations.ca/draft-eligible-reinhart-suspended-indefinitely/

I also like the look of Matt Dumba. Small in stature but big on grit and skill.
    http://www.hockeyprospect.com/index.php/articles/prospects/item/29-matt-dumba-red-deer-rebels.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_NYJ2qaHQ0

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Well sh*t. So much for that.....

Maybe this will allow him to slip a few notches down in the draft so we do not have to trade up to get him?

DAMN!

That's good Dumba plays for Red Deer. I will try to check him out at the next opportunity...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Future Bruins Draft Pick?:
    Well sh*t. So much for that..... Maybe this will allow him to slip a few notches down in the draft so we do not have to trade up to get him? DAMN! That's good Dumba plays for Red Deer. I will try to check him out at the next opportunity...
    Posted by jaywall

I've only seen him in highlights but the kid is a wrecking ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

He will, however, have to change his last name to a more hockey-orientated one. Dumba just won't cut it. May I suggest Smith or Stevens... :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Future Bruins Draft Pick? : JM, this is a tough start to his draft year... http://futureconsiderations.ca/draft-eligible-reinhart-suspended-indefinitely/ I also like the look of Matt Dumba. Small in stature but big on grit and skill. http://www.hockeyprospect.com/index.php/articles/prospects/item/29-matt-dumba-red-deer-rebels.html http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_NYJ2qaHQ0
    Posted by dezaruchi

I know a lot can change between now and late June, but isn't Dumba supposed to be a top 10 prospect?

This looks to be a very deep draft from all that I've read.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Future Bruins Draft Pick? : I know a lot can change between now and late June, but isn't Dumba supposed to be a top 10 prospect? This looks to be a very deep draft from all that I've read.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

Yes he certainly is (so is Rienhart). I'm just dreaming out loud here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Check out the early ranking here:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

This site is not 100% accurate but it will give you an idea how things are going.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

The 7 I really like are Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Ebert, Murray, Dumba, Grigorenko and Frk. I think Frk will go higher than #14, but a lot can happen between now and then!

I'm a big Kitchener Rangers fan, and naturally have seen a bit of Ebert when playing the Rangers. I like what I've seen, yet it's been a small dose.

Anyone who follows Windsor, or lives in the area that can give their 2 cents on Ebert? Is he at all comparable to Fowler?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Not sure about the boys from the east. I am in the West which is why I am so pro-Reinhart. I will be keeping an eye on some of them.

I am of the mind that PC is not above making some major moves to get the pick he wants.

On a side note: looks like a Russian resurgence this year.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Not sure about the boys from the east. I am in the West which is why I am so pro-Reinhart. I will be keeping an eye on some of them. I am of the mind that PC is not above making some major moves to get the pick he wants. On a side note: looks like a Russian resurgence this year.....
    Posted by jaywall

Grapes Cherry is gonna love that haha

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

I've watched Dumba and Reinhart both since thier first year in midget. They both will become awesome hockey players with the edge I think going to Dumba. The kid is an awesome hockey player.

Either one of these guys on the B's would be huge.

Question is, how do we move up in the draft?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I've watched Dumba and Reinhart both since thier first year in midget. They both will become awesome hockey players with the edge I think going to Dumba. The kid is an awesome hockey player. Either one of these guys on the B's would be huge. Question is, how do we move up in the draft?
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS

I know how Sinden would do it. Krejci is due for a big raise, Seguin is on the rise, and JJ does not historically suffer big payouts lightly (ex. Thornton). Simple equation, short term pain, the giving up of Krejci, for long term gain.

Of course, we never won the cup with Sinden as GM....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now lets really get this thread going...Do the Bruins go for a winger or trade up for another stud defensman ? Or let the depth of the draft dictate what player PC takes ?

Caron dropped very low, enough for McKenzie to mention it when Chiarelli made the pick, that has worked out well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Check out the early ranking here: http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/ This site is not 100% accurate but it will give you an idea how things are going.
    Posted by jaywall

Good site to keep an eye on, for sure! I like how they have Vancouver picking last, presumably because they win the Cup this year? Against the Caps? I guess we'll see....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Now lets really get this thread going...Do the Bruins go for a winger or trade up for another stud defensman ? Or let the depth of the draft dictate what player PC takes ? Caron dropped very low, enough for McKenzie to mention it when Chiarelli made the pick, that has worked out well.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I think PC will wait till just before the draft and measure the B's projected pick with who he really wants and what it would cost to get him. If the cost is too great then he will just go with the best pick available at the B's draft position. He appears to be a cautious man although his agressiveness at last years trade deadline and ruthless handling of Kessel suggests he is not above going for broke in getting who he wants.

In short, if PC wants someone bad enough I can see him doing whatever it takes to get him....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Aaaaaahhhh I love draft talk!

Dumba would be sick, but he just keeps getting better which means he probably won't be a Bruin unfortunately...

I remember reading stuff like a year ago about Frk saying he could go #1, but it looks like he's falling a lot...

I personally want Nail Yakupov cuz the dude's name is NAIL but it looks like he's going 1 or 2...

I don't know about this Renhart dude, but you guys always know your stuff so I'll definitely check him out...

As far as most potential mixed with realistic chances of drafting him, I'm calling Martin Frk as the wicked early pick haha...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

I've watched Dumba and Reinhart both since thier first year in midget. They both will become awesome hockey players with the edge I think going to Dumba. The kid is an awesome hockey player. Either one of these guys on the B's would be huge. Question is, how do we move up in the draft?
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS

Move up in the draft? Making a trade with Toronto might work.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If the Bruins get any of these players, with the possible exception of Frk, it will mean something unpleasant has happened.  Unless Burke trades Chiarelli his #1 pick for Pouliot.  Trading out of a chance to take a Yakupov, a Dumba - that's dumb (a).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If the Bruins get any of these players, with the possible exception of Frk, it will mean something unpleasant has happened.  Unless Burke trades Chiarelli his #1 pick for Pouliot.  Trading out of a chance to take a Yakupov, a Dumba - that's dumb (a).
    Posted by Bookboy007

Dumba is rated #9 on most lists. A team that's still trying to sneak into the last playoff spot by making a deadline move could might be willing to flip 1st rd picks. All hypothetical here but say Boston offers Boychuk and a 1st for say, Carolina's pick. It's not a huge stretch for PC to get another top 10. Unlikely for sure but not impossible.

Sections
Shortcuts