FWIW, Marchand said that 'So I think we'll be getting something done here in the next week or two" Tonight at the DVD Premier.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

FWIW, Marchand sai...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/7268/marchand-well-get-something-done

BOSTON -- Both Bruins management and the agency representing popular young Bruins winger and Stanley Cup folk hero Brad Marchand have been exercising patience in their negotiations so far this month. Marchand, who became a fan favorite with 19 points in the B's Stanley Cup run, became a restricted free agent on July 1.

But the wait could be coming to an end. Asked before Monday night’s VIP premiere of the Bruins’ Stanley Cup championship DVD at the Loews Cinema on Boston Common, Marchand said he hadn’t “heard much, my agent’s doing all that stuff, but we’re looking to get something done soon.”

“They know I want to be back here, and they want me back, so we’ll get something done,” Marchand said.

Asked what he thought might be taking so long, Marchand said, “The Cup. Management’s getting the Cup a lot, so I think we’ll be getting something done here in the next week or two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: FWIW, Marchand said that 'So I think we'll be getting something done here in the next week or two" Tonight at the DV...

This is good to hear.  He was an important part of the march to the championship.  I didn't expect any snags.  Thanks for posting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: FWIW, Marchand said that 'So I think we'll be getting something done here in the next week or two" Tonight at the DV...

Good to hear. Wade Arnott can be a tough cookie to crack during negotiations...hopefully they get something done real soon!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: FWIW, Marchand said that 'So I think we'll be getting something done here in the next week or two" Tonight at the DVD Premier.:
    [QUOTE]This is good to hear.  He was an important part of the march to the championship.  I didn't expect any snags.  Thanks for posting.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

RHO - I wasn't really expecting many snags either.  But I agree.....this is definitely good to hear.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

//“They know I want to be back here, and they want me back, so we’ll get something done,” Marchand said.//

jalvis - This says it all for me.  It's far more positive than the cautious, non-commital "We'll see how things go" response we tend to hear from time to time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: FWIW, Marchand said that 'So I think we'll be getting something done here in the next week or two" Tonight at the DVD Premier.:
    [QUOTE] "We'll see how things go"
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I couldn't help but hear Kessel's voice when I read that line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

I think both sides are probably in the ballpark in terms of years and money. Think its a matter of small details

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

Thanks for the update..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

I think the hold up is Marchand's want to insure his nose and the B's are trying to find a insurance company that dosen't charge by the inch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"I couldn't help but hear Kessel's voice when I read that line." - jalvis

Why?  Do you have a sinus infection?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Thanks for the update.

That is good news.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Another article from the Herald:

http://www.bostonherald.com//sports/hockey/bruins/view.bg?articleid=1352739&utm_source=Enews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SECTION_sports_DATE_07-19-2011--07.07

The buzz still hasn’t worn off for Brad Marchand.

A month since the Bruins [team stats] won the Stanley Cup, the rookie forward continues to find new ways to revel in the championship.

Marchand’s latest escapade was a pedicab ride last night with the Stanley Cup and teammate Andrew Ference to the premiere screening of the Bruins’ championship DVD at the AMC Loews Theatre on Tremont Street.

“It’s been wild,” Marchand said of the title celebrations. “I didn’t expect any of this. Just to be a part of it all is something special.”

The only question is if Marchand will be a part of the Bruins long term. The 23-year-old restricted free agent is the only major loose end the B’s need to tie up to complete their offseason.

The Bruins have the right to match any offer for Marchand, who earned a significant raise from his $821,667 salary cap hit last season. Initially considered a fourth-line scrapper, the 5-foot-9 dynamo manned the left wing on the second line, finishing with 21 goals and 20 assists.

Marchand elevated to local folk hero status with 11 goals, eight assists and plenty of feistiness in the postseason. That should net him an annual salary in the $2-3 million range.

B’s general manager Peter Chiarelli recently called re-signing Marchand a top priority and said there has been progress with negotiations, but otherwise has been typically tight-lipped.

Marchand doesn’t seem concerned.

“It’s a very busy time for everyone with the Cup and everything,” Marchand said. “We’re confident something is going to get done real soon. I don’t think either of us are worried. We know something is going to get done.

“They know I want to be here. I know they want me here.”

Marchand hasn’t spent much time worrying about his contract, leaving the negotiations in his agent’s hands. Instead, he enjoyed a weeklong celebration in the Boston area after the finals before returning home to Nova Scotia.

Marchand will get his official day with the Stanley Cup on Aug. 29. But he’s already had plenty of opportunities to take the trophy around Boston, which has helped him realize how much the Bruins’ win meant to the city.

“Everywhere we go, wherever the Cup is around, the place is packed,” Marchand said. “It just shows the support of everyone. It’s pretty special.”

If all goes according to plan, Marchand will enjoy that support for years to come.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Congrats, Papa.

Unlike everything else you've posted here, this was relevant and full of quality.

Thanks for this thread!

Sections
Shortcuts