Gagner gets all three stars

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Gagner gets all three stars

We were just talking on here yesterday about the Rocket doing that against the Leafs in the playoffs 68 years ago, then Gagner does it tonight with the first 8 point night in nearly a quarter century, unreal.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=386789

Sam Gagner??? Of all the players in the league, I'd never have guessed he'd be the one to pull it off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: Gagner gets all three stars

Oilers' team record for most points in a game: 8 (Gretzky, Coffey and.... Gagner!)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Gagner gets all three stars:
    Oilers' team record for most points in a game: 8 (Gretzky, Coffey and.... Gagner!)
    Posted by 49-North

and tied for 2nd all time in NHL history for points in a game behind Darryl Sitler - Maurice Richard, Wayne Gretzky, Paul Coffey, Mario Lemieux, Peter and Anton Statsny, Brian Trottier... and Sam Gagner!

How does that old Seasme Street song go... "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong..."

Total props to him, an unbelievable feat, just can't believe that he's the guy who did it. Never saw this one coming. Crosby? Malkin? A Sedin? Possibly. Gagner? Nope, never expected that.

Do any of you know if anyone other than Maurice Richard ever got all three stars before? That's pretty airy company for a 22 year-old under-the-radar kid to be in. Though i'm pretty happy right now that I have him in my hockey pool.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I feel asleep during the nucks wings game and just woke up and looked at the box scores and was floored heck of  night for ganger for sure....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

From PuckDaddy: 

Wayne Gretzky. Paul Coffey. Sam Gagner.

Normally, this would be a "which one of these things is not like the others"-like quandary, but not after the Edmonton Oilers' 8-4 victory against the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Couldn't believe it when I read it this morning.  Good for him though I guess, pretty amazing feat...he's in good company.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

This is a win win for Tambellini, he never shopped him too hard but they will definetly be looking for a top 2 D man in exchange for him at the trade deadline.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I watched this game and it was pretty incredible.  Taylor Hall could have gotten a star for setting a few of those goals up.  Every time Gagner touched the puck it seemed like it went in the net.  Pass back to point - goal.  Throw it at the net - goal.  Insanely hot hands for one night.

Interesting since I think he and Hemsky could be on the trade block.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Pretty awesome stat.  I think it should temper some of the enthusiasm about how good the Nuge is. Playing in the middle with Hall and Eberle is a sweet situation for any player.  Gagne shouldn't have gotten all three stars, Hall and Eberle did a lot of the work to make it happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Gagner gets all three stars:
    We were just talking on here yesterday about the Rocket doing that against the Leafs in the playoffs 68 years ago, then Gagner does it tonight with the first 8 point night in nearly a quarter century, unreal. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=386789 Sam Gagner??? Of all the players in the league, I'd never have guessed he'd be the one to pull it off.
    Posted by red75

I thought of your post as I watched the end of the Oiler game and saw one of the arena staff approach Gagner, gesture a "1, 2, 3" with his fingers and have the player wait in the aisle before being announced.  Today I heard a small portion of a Gretzky interview where he said Gagner played well but like he did years ago, also had a lot of things go his way.

Sections
Shortcuts