Game 1 Crowd

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Game 1 Crowd

We're a little embarrassed that you call yourself a B's fan.  All you ever post is garbage about anything related to the Bruins.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Really? embarrassed why? That the crowd was lulled to sleep by the action/inaction of the first period. When teams are still feeling each other out and both play a defensive system, you'll get that from the crowd.

Embarrassed is a stretch. I expected the crowd to be subdued. We're you embarrassed when they went nuts on the OT winner?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I don't think its the fact that you point out a quieter than usual playoff crowd, its that anything you ever post is negative towards the Bruins.  Possibly a closet habs/Canucks fan? (I know, I would be embarassed too)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I think they were quiet in the first period.  But then again the first period was pretty tightly played and boring.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I noticed the quiet crowd too. I actually made a comment to my friend about it. But saying it's embarassing is ridiculous. Who cares if it was quiet. There was nothing to be excited for during the first period. When the action picked up the Garden, the REAL Garden, came alive. In OT it was incredibly loud, everyone was on their feet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Thoughts? I was a little embarrassed to be a Bs fan last night. Apparently, it was pink helmet night.

Quiet as a mouse from the get go.

Probably the same crowd that attended Game 7....like the two teams coming off Game 7s they were dog tired too. Expect a big difference Sunday.

BTW - if you like hear the crowd noise better, you can turn up the volume on your TV.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I care if it's quiet. A nationally televised game and the whole mood, including the announcers, was sleepy. Sorry to call a spade a spade, but we've been here before with Boston crowds. Every of the majors has had this come up at one time or another - with players from the Sox, Pats and Celtics all at one point making public statements that they wishes for a bit louder atmosphere. Bruins players have a right to say the same, and to their credit they haven't.

It's a real subject, no matter how absurd the OP is. I was seriously contemplating grabbing some last-minute tickets to the game. Sitting on my couch and observing the atmosphere, my wife & I agreed that it was wise to save the money.

We all know the viewing experience is good at home, but you go to the game to surround yourself with crazy atmosphere. If that atmosphere is as subdued as it was at last night's game, it's one more reason to stay home or watch it at the local watering hole instead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

LOL...It was a quiet crowd.....DaveyN, youre right.

The first period interview with Torts, he couldnt even explain the level of play amongst both teams and especially his team. Very subdued. It definitely wasnt a game of intensity we are use to seeing from both teams.

I still think we outplayed the Rangers and that their goals were lucky. Not saying we didnt have a little luck on our side either, with Lunqvist not being able to handle the pucks he probably should have handled. But we deserved the win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I care if it's quiet. A nationally televised game and the whole mood, including the announcers, was sleepy. Sorry to call a spade a spade, but we've been here before with Boston crowds. Every of the majors has had this come up at one time or another - with players from the Sox, Pats and Celtics all at one point making public statements that they wishes for a bit louder atmosphere. Bruins players have a right to say the same, and to their credit they haven't.

It's a real subject, no matter how absurd the OP is. I was seriously contemplating grabbing some last-minute tickets to the game. Sitting on my couch and observing the atmosphere, my wife & I agreed that it was wise to save the money.

We all know the viewing experience is good at home, but you go to the game to surround yourself with crazy atmosphere. If that atmosphere is as subdued as it was at last night's game, it's one more reason to stay home or watch it at the local watering hole instead.

There really wasn't much to cheer for at the beginning.  Fans react to the play on the ice.  There were minimal exciting plays at all.  Teams forcing the crowd to cheer is more embarrassing to me.  "GET LOUD!" flashing on the scoreboard is so weak.  The noise meter with Garden Level at the top is so so weak. 

It was a boring, slow paced game for the most part. 

The fans at TD Garden are awesome.  They were standing for the entire OT. 

Yeah, let's feel bad that they were silent at the 10 minute mark of the first.  So was I.  It was a snoozefest at that point.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Crowd response was commensurate with the level of action on the ice.

Once the intensity of the game picked up, so did the crowd.

That's the way it always is.....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Crowd response was commensurate with the level of action on the ice.

Once the intensity of the game picked up, so did the crowd.

That's the way it always is.....

Somewhat true, but I am talking about out of the gate.  There should be a lot of noise at the puck drop, some chants, etc.  Total difference from Game 1 vs Toronto, even.

The team seemed a bit hung over as did the crowd. I get it.  Just something of note. I don't know why such an observation about an element of the game last night is taboo here.

maybe because you're an attention seeking drama queen who said you were EMBARRASSED to be a bruin fan- because the crowd wasn't loud enough FOR YOU.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If that was the old building, it would have been rocking from the outset.

Why would the structure have an effect on the crowd?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I was expecting an emotional letdown by the team, as well as the fans, after the intensity of the previous game 7 fiinish.

The Rangers were also coming off a game 7, so I expect the intensity to get ramped up, as the series progresses. No worries.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

dumb thread.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

asbestos and lead paint carries sound better NAS.  DUH!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

He probably meant the old fans, rather than the building itself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

He probably meant the old fans, rather than the building itself.

im aware. i was making a joke.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Watching the game from home the crowd didn't seem too subdued to me.  We know what the Garden fans can sound like when the Bruins give them something to scream about.  If you're talking quiet you should try down at the ACC some time.  Don't be fooled by the decibel levels displayed during the Leaf series.  It tends to not be like that.  The hype surrounding the return of the Leafs to the playoffs coupled with their in-series success juiced their fans - understandably so.  The atmosphere at the Air Canada Center has been described in The Toronto Star as funereal.