Game 1: Leafs v. Bruins (01/05/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Game 1: Leafs v. Bruins (01/05/13)

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Its ok to show some confidence but i don't know if i would have went that far.We'll see soon enough if Kadri knows something i don't. B's will prevail according to me, its a very, very winnable series according to me as well.

I think if he had said something along the lines of "if we play our game and play hard I am confident we can win" then it would be fine.

But to have a rookie who has never played a single second of NHL playoff hockey spout off about how "very, very winnable this series is", especially against a team that just won the cup 2 seasons ago and has beaten his team 3 out of 4 games in the regular season, is just stupid on his part.

Let the coaches and vets handle the media dear boy...

JMW are you surprised that Hamiltion is a scratch. I know Redden is playing well, not sure Claude trusts him yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Chris Lee is to NHL what Joe West is to the MLB. Both are jealous of the attention the players get.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Its ok to show some confidence but i don't know if i would have went that far.We'll see soon enough if Kadri knows something i don't. B's will prevail according to me, its a very, very winnable series according to me as well.

I think if he had said something along the lines of "if we play our game and play hard I am confident we can win" then it would be fine.

But to have a rookie who has never played a single second of NHL playoff hockey spout off about how "very, very winnable this series is", especially against a team that just won the cup 2 seasons ago and has beaten his team 3 out of 4 games in the regular season, is just stupid on his part.

Let the coaches and vets handle the media dear boy...

I agree with much of what you said.  However, the Bruins and many here are preaching that past results in the playoffs and regular season don't matter.  It's a new season. Everyone starts with 0 and needs 16 to win the cup.  The kid is confident, as well he should be, as he has 3 goals 4 assists in 8 games against the B's and is +4.  He and Grabovski fair well against the Bruins and need to be held in check.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

49% of me wants a win in Game 1 to keep the massive influx of stupid posts and threads to a minimum.

If they win, the worst we'll get will be "Yeah, they won, but..."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

49% of me wants a win in Game 1 to keep the massive influx of stupid posts and threads to a minimum.

So 51% wants a loss say what

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

So 51% wants a loss say what

100% wants a win.  49% for that reason, 51% for some other reason.  I believe that's what he was saying.  That being said, I'll get this out of the way now.  My stupid lines for right now:

Krejci       Bergeron       Horton

Lucic           Kelly          Seguin

Marchand   Campbell      Jagr

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

chris lee.....member of the frequent whistler's club.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If the B's lose game 1, the negativity in here will make SoxFan look like the ultimate optimist.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

JMW are you surprised that Hamiltion is a scratch. I know Redden is playing well, not sure Claude trusts him yet.

Not at all. CJ likes his vets and Redden is serviceable.

Unless things need a shakeup I suspect Hamilton will not dress for some time...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

I agree with much of what you said.  However, the Bruins and many here are preaching that past results in the playoffs and regular season don't matter.  It's a new season. Everyone starts with 0 and needs 16 to win the cup.  The kid is confident, as well he should be, as he has 3 goals 4 assists in 8 games against the B's and is +4.  He and Grabovski fair well against the Bruins and need to be held in check.

I guess this is where we will have to differ.

Past playoff results do matter. Winning breeds not only good experience but team confidence as well. This B's team has been there, done that, and knows what it takes. There is a reason none of them are talking trash or predicting a cakewalk. They know such dribble is counterproductive.

Kadri could take a lesson and I suspect the B's dressing room will be fired up even more to teach him his place.

Now I am excited....can't wait for the puck to drop.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hamilton will see some ice in the playoffs. I won't be surprised if it's before this series is over. It depends on the opposition I think. Thornton and McQuaid should only dress against teams that like to chuck the knuckles. I also think Ference will need to really step it up to win me over again. His inconsistency is maddening and his bad games are far more common than the good ones this year. Might be the last hurrah in black and gold for him and Horton. On another note, I'm excited for the first Bruins-Leafs series since I was 5 years old.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Bruins season comparison
    http://bruins.nhl.com/club/teamseasoncomparison.htm

Was the 2012-2013 short season really different (bad) as poeple pretend....... They will beat the Leafs in 5......Go Bruins Go

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

If the B's lose game 1, the negativity in here will make SoxFan look like the ultimate optimist.

The threads on here after the Bruins headed to Montreal down two games to zero in 2011 were hilarious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Hamilton will see some ice in the playoffs. I won't be surprised if it's before this series is over. It depends on the opposition I think. Thornton and McQuaid should only dress against teams that like to chuck the knuckles. I also think Ference will need to really step it up to win me over again. His inconsistency is maddening and his bad games are far more common than the good ones this year. Might be the last hurrah in black and gold for him and Horton. On another note, I'm excited for the first Bruins-Leafs series since I was 5 years old.

and I never thought that his bad games(Ference) werent as glaring as anything Hamilton has done to warrant sitting......and still not sold on Daugavins over Peverly...Peverly has too many tools relative to Daugavins that I have seen despite a so/so season...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Hamilton will see some ice in the playoffs. I won't be surprised if it's before this series is over. It depends on the opposition I think. Thornton and McQuaid should only dress against teams that like to chuck the knuckles.

Very true, Dez. Orr is dressed tonight so it makes sense to have ST and McQuaid in the lineup to keep him in line.

Should Carlyle scratch both his goons in the forseeable future, however, we could see Hamilton make his debut.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

Guess Toronto cant be afraid of making a physical statement with only the threat of the vaunted Boston power play ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to golden9x2's comment:

Guess Toronto cant be afraid of making a physical statement with only the threat of the vaunted Boston power play ...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, however.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

not on military time......(or sun dial...)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

......(or sun dial...)

Wasn't that in use the last time the Leafs made the playoffs?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

and the programmes were printed on papyrus ...(pardont the alliteration!)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

and the programmes were printed on papyrus ...(pardont the alliteration!)

Probably looked something like this:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Nasty will either have a coming out party..................or he'll get his little head kicked in (could go either way). Still, I like to see some cockiness and he's been pretty good overall this year. Nazim and Marchand going toe to toe......how sweet would that be. I think the rest of the league would love to see these two guys kick the crap out of each other

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

How about 20 shoulder punches and 10 indian burns to the first person to whine about the refs hating boston.  

To all my fellow bruins fans/buddies.  Lets get ready to rumble.  Bruins playoff hockey!   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

How about 20 shoulder punches and 10 indian burns to the first person to whine about the refs hating boston.  

To all my fellow bruins fans/buddies.  Lets get ready to rumble.  Bruins playoff hockey!   

I think you might have to go with 40 shoulder punches if the guys has Dion ('robocop') Phaneuf shoulder pads on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

With ya Shupe, can't wait. Lets hope it's a long run.