Game 1: Leafs v. Bruins (01/05/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Game 1: Leafs v. Bruins (01/05/13)

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

He's also a master at feigning toughness with officials forming a protective barrier between him and bonafide tough guys.

I think that's called "Doing the Subban"

Ron, don't be surprised if Subban tries to fight Alfredson before that series is over.

I honestly wouldn't be, Dez. A real puzzy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

1 down -- 3 to go. Stay focused. Good 60 minute effort.

Quietly getting the job done all night -- Campbell and Ference.

Only down side -- Thornton and Seguin too many blind passes to the wrong team.

Bizarro World moment -- Marchand staying disciplined and landing Komarov in the box. How that was only a misconduct and not a 2 min PP was sick. How many times has a Bruin player been in that situation and wound up with the minor?

Ready and in place for Sharks vs Nucks -- can't wait-- especially after last nights wild Western Conference games.

Very true Zam. Lots to be happy about tonight but there's still much they can do to improve. I love the fact they won handily without playing perfectly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bizarro World moment -- Marchand staying disciplined and landing Komarov in the box. How that was only a misconduct and not a 2 min PP was sick. How many times has a Bruin player been in that situation and wound up with the minor?

Ready and in place for Sharks vs Nucks -- can't wait-- especially after last nights wild Western Conference games.

They obviously warned both teams, notice everyone didn't engage after the whistle, except for that misc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Great effort.  leafs confidence in any part of their game is zero.   Bruins must continue and force their foot on their throat.  They did that tonight.  

You're right, shupe.  They have to keep putting the boots to that confidence.  The Leafs might have had a lot of self-assurance coming in but with any luck the Bruins continue to totally deflate it with more robust, rabid play like tonight's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Saturday is too far but this will do wonders to the Bruins . Practice baby, practice.  Time to work on some things they will do better. 

I really liked the way the broke out of their own end tonight.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Very true Zam. Lots to be happy about tonight but there's still much they can do to improve. I love the fact they won handily without playing perfectly.

Excellent puck pursuit tonight, eh dez?  They often made the Leafs get rid of the puck perhaps sooner than they intended.  Plus shouldn't the Leafs know any bully boy sh!te won't work on the Bruins?  They could take the cover of their share of it at any moment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Great effort.  leafs confidence in any part of their game is zero.   Bruins must continue and force their foot on their throat.  They did that tonight.  

You're right, shupe.  They have to keep putting the boots to that confidence.  The Leafs might have had a lot of self-assurance coming in but with any luck the Bruins continue to totally deflate it with more robust, rabid play like tonight's.

Thing is the leafs stumbled and studdered coming into the playoffs.  It was nice having them make it to the show.  But beat it.  We gotta cup to win.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Funny this is the first post that hasn't been filled with "ignore" 's.

Where'd they all go?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Saturday is too far but this will do wonders to the Bruins . Practice baby, practice.  Time to work on some things they will do better. 

I really liked the way the broke out of their own end tonight.  

It was reminiscent of their first 15 or so games, BsL.  The puck was already across their own blue line heading towards the Leafs' end often with the Toronto forward line well back in pursuit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Damn - I miss the game, and we win. I'll be away Saturday as well. As long as we win, maybe I should miss them all. How'd Seguin look? I see he had 7 shots on net and 2 hits, for whatever that's worth. I'm hoping that he takes it up a few notches this series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Best game I seen from the B's in a looooooooong time.  Lots of energy, hitting and creating chances.  I would have liked to seen them bury more with the amount of chances they had.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Thing is the leafs stumbled and studdered coming into the playoffs.  It was nice having them make it to the show.  But beat it.  We gotta cup to win.  

Yeah, man.  I want the Bruins to knock 'em out - asap.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Best game I seen from the B's in a looooooooong time.  Lots of energy, hitting and creating chances.  I would have liked to seen them bury more with the amount of chances they had.

Yes.  It would have been much more satisfying if they won 8-0 or 24-0.  This was good, but, you know, not really good enough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Boychuk hit on Gravobski brought me out of my chair higher than any of the goals.

On another note -- not sure if I'm overthinking this but earth to Boychuk -- When there's less than 5 seconds left in the game and the opposing team is headhunting with the likes of the Leafs goon squad -- PLEASE don't set up your own player on the side boards with a dumb pass like that when your defensive partner is wide open on the far side of the ice. Quick way to get a teamate or two injured.

The only other choice if it was available would be to fire the puck into the opposing bench hoping that Carlyle's giant pumpkin head catches the puck. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Good work boys, 15 more wins......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yeah they would have lost if they didn't score.  Rask gave up a bad goal so Khudo will be the logical choice for game 2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL @ Reimer.

Reimer wasn't happy with Boychuk shot beating him high.Says may have been fooled by a black seat in stands at eye level.

NO !  You didn't see the flames from the "heavy" rocket shot ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Come on Matt you're opening yourself to criticism LOL  Just like when they beat the Panthers 3-0 you wanted them to win 5-0 6-0.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Just for the record that I do admit when I'm wrong. Originally had Redden as a total putz even if he was a freebie. Used to laugh at this guy night after night when he played for the Rangers. Totally ecstatic that I was wrong.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

LOL @ Reimer.

Reimer wasn't happy with Boychuk shot beating him high.Says may have been fooled by a black seat in stands at eye level.

NO !  You didn't see the flames from the "heavy" rocket shot ?

Yes.  I can see that - if Boychuk ripped a black seat out of the stands, put it on the ice at the Leaf blue line and shot it at him at eye level.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Damn - I miss the game, and we win. I'll be away Saturday as well. As long as we win, maybe I should miss them all. How'd Seguin look? I see he had 7 shots on net and 2 hits, for whatever that's worth. I'm hoping that he takes it up a few notches this series.

Seguin looked very, very good. Even almost had a goal that, under review, went off the cross bar. Speed, speed, and more speed....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If the Bruins were any more gutless and cowardly the score might have been a bit higher.

No kidding RHO, where's Soxfan when the B's didn't blow a third period lead, oh right i forgot, watching a clutch team like the Redwings with his wife.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to mxt's comment:

Seguin looked very, very good. Even almost had a goal that, under review, went off the cross bar. Speed, speed, and more speed....

He was going wide more instead of trying to go up the middle.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I actually heard the words "Seguin finishes his check" come out of Edwards mouth. I had to pause a moment to actually let it sink in.