Game 10: NJ v. Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Game 10: NJ v. Bruins

it's only a wake up call... if the Bruins learn something and play better!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Seen that coming.  6 on 3?  wow.  Gotta get the other lines going again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Yeah it's a loss regular season not a big deal long season,love the way Lucic and rest of line is playing,can't say much for the rest of lines haven't seen Marchand in a long time,think Bergy is still not right,.but it;s all about the play offs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

That was just plain ugly.  That was an easy 2 points they took for granted.  

Marchand needs smelling salts or a kick in the rear.  Big Z, too.  And 3rd line was on snooze.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think Bergeron's problem is physical.  I think <gasp> he's not playing very well right now.  Well...he's playing differently.  I can't remember the last time he shot the puck as much as he's shooting right now, but if you look at his shots on goal, it's lower per game than last year.  In fact, he generally averages around the 2.5 shots per game he's taking right now.  The one exception was his 300+ shot, 30 goal season.  Interestingly enough, his shooting percentage was only 10% which is .2% above his career average, and .3% below his career average if you take out his post-concussion year (5.2%).

I'd love to see his shot attempts year to year.  Is he missing the net more or having more shots blocked than in years past?  I can only think of a handful of times this year where he's made the sweet set-up pass to any of his wingers. 

Makes me wonder if Team Canada is in his head - thinking about playing wing, being more of a shooter, who also takes key draws.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As noted this was not a very good game by a large number of Bruins players. The sloppiness noted in previous games came home to roost, so, it's not just the players who are failing as it appears that the coaching staff, not just Claude, have exceeded their capabilities to correct, adjust, and simply "coach".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Three and a half minutes of incredibly bad luck cost the B's this one.  It happens sometimes in the course of an 82 game schedule.  Now, would I like more production from the other 3 lines - sure, but luckily it's still October.  I think they have some time to work with here!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

They're 7 & 3. Yes, they blew a 3-1 lead. They did this last year a lot too & they had quite a successful season. Bergeron & Marchand will come out of their slump they're too good not to. Give the Devils some credit here. They weathered the storm & used their PP to their advantage. This won't be the last time this season something like this happens. Lets all take a breath & layoff the Panic Button.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Ugly rebound by Rask on that goal

Really!! You have the audicity to say something negative about Rask with the way he's been playing? Get your head out of your garbage shute! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Tough loss to swallow for sure. How often do you see a 6 on 3 ?  This is what happens when you let teams hang around in a game in which they had complete control of. They let their foot off the gas and failed to put the Devils away and paid dearly for it. Very ugly to say the least.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

Tough loss to swallow for sure. How often do you see a 6 on 3 ?  This is what happens when you let teams hang around in a game in which they had complete control of. They let their foot off the gas and failed to put the Devils away and paid dearly for it. Very ugly to say the least.

No, this is what happens over an 82 schedule to every team in the league. Get over it! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

How did they let their foot off the gas?  A double minor to Krug, a delay of game for Bergie and an incredibly lucky bounce for NJ on the game winner did them in.

This Bruins team shouldn't have to score 5 goals to win games.  It would be nice if they do, but they won't have to too often.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I really would like to see a few changes, but, probably won't. Let Thorny sit for a few or always; A more skilled winger will help to improve boyh Campbell and Paille; let Bartkowski join the regular back line; as well as Smith skates and works he is more suited to Kelly's line than Bergie's; Book mentioned "no sweet passes" from Bergie as yet- well look at how many varied wings he is trying to play with ???; Soderberg plays a better top six game than a 3rd line checking game, time to use his shot and size in front;

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

They're 7 & 3. Yes, they blew a 3-1 lead. They did this last year a lot too & they had quite a successful season. Bergeron & Marchand will come out of their slump they're too good not to. Give the Devils some credit here. They weathered the storm & used their PP to their advantage. This won't be the last time this season something like this happens. Lets all take a breath & layoff the Panic Button.

nite, better get the prozac ready for some should they lose to the Pens Wednesday.  And as you said, give some props to NJ.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

I really would like to see a few changes, but, probably won't. Let Thorny sit for a few or always; A more skilled winger will help to improve boyh Campbell and Paille; let Bartkowski join the regular back line; as well as Smith skates and works he is more suited to Kelly's line than Bergie's; Book mentioned "no sweet passes" from Bergie as yet- well look at how many varied wings he is trying to play with ???; Soderberg plays a better top six game than a 3rd line checking game, time to use his shot and size in front;

bogie you should learn how to copy and paste, it would save you a lot of typing.

I'll show you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

nite, better get the prozac ready for some should they lose to the Pens Wednesday.  And as you said, give some props to NJ.

I'm thinking on getting some beds ready to put some of them on life support if they lose Thurs to the Ducks too!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Everybody knows he's played great this season - duh. I said what it was....an ugly rebound on a shot with no screen. What was your interpretation of that first Devils goal? 

Ugly rebound by Rask on that goal

Really!! You have the audicity to say something negative about Rask with the way he's been playing? Get your head out of your garbage shute! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Everybody knows he's played great this season - duh. I said what it was....an ugly rebound on a shot with no screen. What was your interpretation of that first Devils goal? 

Let's get it back boys....

I don't nit pick a goalie who's 6-3, a 1.57 GAA & a .947 SP. And I certainly won't be complaining until he's the reason the B's are losing games. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I don't think Bergeron's problem is physical.  I think <gasp> he's not playing very well right now.  Well...he's playing differently.  I can't remember the last time he shot the puck as much as he's shooting right now, but if you look at his shots on goal, it's lower per game than last year.  In fact, he generally averages around the 2.5 shots per game he's taking right now.  The one exception was his 300+ shot, 30 goal season.  Interestingly enough, his shooting percentage was only 10% which is .2% above his career average, and .3% below his career average if you take out his post-concussion year (5.2%).

I'd love to see his shot attempts year to year.  Is he missing the net more or having more shots blocked than in years past?  I can only think of a handful of times this year where he's made the sweet set-up pass to any of his wingers. 

Makes me wonder if Team Canada is in his head - thinking about playing wing, being more of a shooter, who also takes key draws.

If his play doesnt improve he wont have to worry about team canada.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

If his play doesnt improve he wont have to worry about team canada.  

Sorry Shupe, but I think unless Bergeron is hurt when the Games come around he's a lock. His face-off prowness alone gets him there. It's going to be so important to gain possession off the draws & Bergeron is still the best on the planet at this. He totally destroyed everyone in that San Jose game & the Sharks have some of the best centers in the league. 86% is beyond dominate at anytime.

Sections
Shortcuts