Game 12: Ducks at Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Game 12: Ducks at Bruins

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Goal scoring is going to be a prolem all season long... Marchand, Caron, Soderberg, Smith, Merlot

Perhaps, Bruinfan but as long as they keep things tight defensively they're gonna stay tough to beat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

The Iginla snipe in the shoot out was sick- ultra high end talent - wow

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

JW, I was wondering with Seguin gone who would be the guy with the skills to thread the needle in the SO.  It's Iginla.  That pick was wicked.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Yea the Reilly Smith pixie-dust might be wearing off a bit. That second line had one shot-on-net tonight.

Marchand/Bergeron/Spooner

Soderberg/Kelly/Smith (just like in Training Camp)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

JW, I was wondering with Seguin gone who would be the guy with the skills to thread the needle in the SO.  It's Iginla.  That pick was wicked.

Seguin's dominance or uniqueness as a shootout guy on the Bruins was a bit overstated - more a flash thing than a true effectiveness thing.  Last year, he and Bergeron had identical stats - both had 3 goals on 7 shots.  Two years ago, Seguin had 6 and Bergeron 5, but Seguin actually had a lower percentage of successful shots.

So - more to the point here - Spooner, Iginla, Soderberg = three guys not on this team last year (Yeti's cameo doesn't count).  Julien sending Bergeron, Marchand and Krejci (the only other guys still on the team to take shootouts last year) a message?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Goal scoring is not a problem and shouldn't be one.  With Iginla only starting to find the range, Bergeron and Marchand behind their usual pace, and the third line ice cold at the moment, the Bruins are still in the top half of the league in goals for.  That's not a problem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Yea the Reilly Smith pixie-dust might be wearing off a bit. That second line had one shot-on-net tonight.

Marchand/Bergeron/Spooner

Soderberg/Kelly/Smith (just like in Training Camp)

Spooner is a playmaker and he is better at his natural position...center. Marchand is the problem with the 2nd line he can't keep the puck at all in the offensive zone. Leave Ryan where he is and he will make Soderberg better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The 2nd line had 1 shot on net, that's flat unacceptable. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just watched the Iginla shootout snipe again.  I could watch that shot all day long on loop.  Is it me, or is the puck moving so fast, you can't even see it enter the net?  Wow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The flex and tourque Iginla gets on his wrist shot is awesome. When I saw the shot in supa slow-mo, couldn't believe the stick didn't snap. Like the Cards batters on Wednesday against Lachey's breakin ball, Hiller was frozen Pizza!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Spooner is a playmaker and he is better at his natural position...center." - 'SanDogBrewin'

Yea, you're right, Spooner at centre is better.

Obviously, some interesting decisions to be made if/when Eriksson returns.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Just watched the Iginla shootout snipe again.  I could watch that shot all day long on loop.  Is it me, or is the puck moving so fast, you can't even see it enter the net?  Wow.

i called him for team lead in goals as soon as he signed.  Hes notorious for slow starts.  Still gets 30 a year.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Another thing of beauty last night was Krejci's pass to Chara down low.  Everyone in the building, including Chara, thinks Krejci is shooting.  The slide across to Chara and the big man has the entire net open.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

"Spooner is a playmaker and he is better at his natural position...center." - 'SanDogBrewin'

Yea, you're right, Spooner at centre is better.

Obviously, some interesting decisions to be made if/when Eriksson returns.

Agreed - Who sits ?

Sections
Shortcuts