Game 15: Leafs v. Bruins (11/09/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Game 15: Leafs v. Bruins (11/09/13)

In response to shuperman's comment:

I dont know how franson wasnt a regular under wilson.  Franson plays well all over the ice.  

He is known as a selfish player and does not play well with others which is why Nashville was so eager to get rid of him for nothing a few years ago. Lots of talent, bad attitude.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to UtahBruin's comment:

He is more of a Duche, in my eyes, because it seems that he only takes runs at smaller players.

Mostly because he's an idiot.  He's just so infatuated with being a big macho man that he does stupid things.  On that last play he played it like no one would dare challenge the great and mighty Phaneuf with the puck and Eirksson then makes him cough it up and Bergeron scores.

Beautiful.

Hopefully the Leafs resign him.

Note he was on the ice for the Bruins 1st goal, too.

Unreal, 28 years old and plays like he's a 38 year old washed up tough guy.

He played it like he was on the ice the entire game and was gased.  If hes not gased he wins that race and is skating up the ice.  this isnt wrestling. Sure he comes across as smug, but he battles and plays exceptionally hard.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Thats bc hes one of the biggest guys on the ice. He and iggy battled all night.  He battled against lucic, dk and iggy all night.  I saw chara going after kessel and jvr all night.  Go watch some of dions hits and tell me he picks his spots.  He hit boogieman so hard i think the ice broke in two.  

Boogieman was then, this is now.

Coughing up the puck like that was idiotic and inexcusable, if you have an excuse for that, you're not thinking clearly.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I dont know how franson wasnt a regular under wilson.  Franson plays well all over the ice.  

He is known as a selfish player and does not play well with others which is why Nashville was so eager to get rid of him a few years ago. Lots of talent, bad attitude.

I have never heard that about him but will take your word.  Hes solid back there.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Thats bc hes one of the biggest guys on the ice. He and iggy battled all night.  He battled against lucic, dk and iggy all night.  I saw chara going after kessel and jvr all night.  Go watch some of dions hits and tell me he picks his spots.  He hit boogieman so hard i think the ice broke in two.  

Boogieman was then, this is now.

Coughing up the puck like that was idiotic and inexcusable, if you have an excuse for that, you're not thinking clearly.  

So what is charas excuse for getting schooled by lupol.  You are taught in atom to take the man and lupol skipped around him.  Players make mistakes.  His pros kill his cons.  Id take dion anyday.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He played it like he was on the ice the entire game and was gased.  If hes not gased he wins that race and is skating up the ice.  this isnt wrestling. Sure he comes across as smug, but he battles and plays exceptionally hard.   

Are you out of your mind?  If you're gassed you make the safe play and make the quick pass.  He tried to play it.  You have to play it smart, just playing hard isn't enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Hopefully he wont be out to long,but Bartkowski does need to get some playing time too.

We will see, they are painful but very unpredictable with regard to recovery time (if he even has a hip flexor).

You're right Bart does need to get some icetime in, he has been none too impressive in his few games so far this season.

Yes i agree and sitting in the press box isn't doing nothing for his game,and definetly dont want to see Hamilton or Krug sitting out again

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I predicted bruins would win 4-2 they win 3-1 and I said they'd have 2 ppg 

How do you like that one Stanley? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Are you out of your mind?  If you're gassed you make the safe play and make the quick pass.  He tried to play it.  You have to play it smart, just playing hard isn't enough.

You think you know more about the game then dion?  You should call him and point those things out.  If anything he probably was surprised loui was pressing him.  Players make mistakes.  I dont think that was the reason they lost.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So what is charas excuse for getting schooled by lupol.  You are taught in atom to take the man and lupol skipped around him.  Players make mistakes.  His pros kill his cons.  Id take dion anyday.  

You are way off.  Way off.  He is exactly the type of player who can do 10 things right during a game and then find the one thing to do wrong that kills your team and their chances.

2 other players I can think of have that ability, Komiserak and Wideman.  For those 2 in order, stupid penalty and dumb pass.  

With Phaneuf it can be doing something stupid or being overly aggressive at the wrong time.

He is an absolute cancer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Where was the safe play there for the record.  He was on his off side so he essentially would have to ring the puck around the boards.  You dont think everyone and their dog doesnt know thats the only despiration play he had left.  2nd most icetime of anyone and the bruins had 5 def.  he played great minus the last play.  Happy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes i agree and sitting in the press box isn't doing nothing for his game,and definetly dont want to see Hamilton or Krug sitting out again

I think he will be gone at the deadline, packaged in a deal to add some firepower for playoff push. Krug and Hamilton have definitely passed him on the depth chart.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You think you know more about the game then dion?  You should call him and point those things out.  If anything he probably was surprised loui was pressing him.  Players make mistakes.  I dont think that was the reason they lost.  

I think Phaneuf is a stupid player.

No, as a Bruins fan I'm perfectly happy with the way he plays.

Yes, players make mistakes, but what mistake and when.

No, it wasn't the reason they lost, it was the reason that insured they wouldn't win.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You are way off.  Way off.  He is exactly the type of player who can do 10 things right during a game and then find the one thing to do wrong that kills your team and their chances.

2 other players I can think of have that ability, Komiserak and Wideman.  For those 2 in order, stupid penalty and dumb pass.  

With Phaneuf it can be doing something stupid or being overly aggressive at the wrong time.

He is an absolute cancer.

is PK a cancer?  I doubt dion gets the "C" if hes a cancer, especially in the biggest hockey market in the world.   Hes a player that has always took chances.  its how he plays the game.  I would rather a guy try and fail then to be passive and fail. He gives full effort all the time and wants to win.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No, it wasn't the reason they lost, it was the reason that insured they wouldn't win.

22seconds left.  Yup it insured they wouldnt win.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I think he will be gone at the deadline, packaged in a deal to add some firepower for playoff push. Krug and Hamilton have definitely passed him on the depth chart.

Hamilton made some incredible passes down low tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

22seconds left.  Yup it insured they wouldnt win.  

Yes.  Exactly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Phaneuf in the last minute.

Note well you people who evenly remotely like Phaneuf.

He played that like the arrogant bag of d that he is.

I hope the Leafs sign him for 10 years, it can only help the Bruins.

I thought he played great.  Bc he hits, is in your face, can play both ends of the ice means hes a duche.  Do you like any bruin player? 

Defending PhanOOF tonight LoL I hope he makes the Canadian Olympic team!

PS. Need to change that to "he got hit all night!"

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yep, plus his dangling and factor in a few excellent defensive plays. He is putting it all together and is fast becoming a legit top 2 dman on one of the leagues best defensive teams. And he is only 20.....jeesh.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Yep, plus his dangling and factor in a few excellent defensive plays. He is putting it all together and is fast becoming a legit top 2 dman on one of the leagues best defensive teams. And he is only 20.....jeesh.

He kind of reminds me of Gord Kluzak,man I hope he has a long and healty career.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I don't see to o much Hamilton I'm  kluzak - kluzak reminded me more of Robinson but kluzak was a little thinner

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Was Kessel a healthy scratch tonight?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Was Kessel a healthy scratch tonight?

No saw him go flying when his own player hit him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kessel played over 21 minutes, had 3 shots and 4 giveaways.  As a team the Bruins had 6 giveaways.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to UtahBruin's comment:

He is more of a Duche, in my eyes, because it seems that he only takes runs at smaller players.

Mostly because he's an idiot.  He's just so infatuated with being a big macho man that he does stupid things.  On that last play he played it like no one would dare challenge the great and mighty Phaneuf with the puck and Eirksson then makes him cough it up and Bergeron scores.

Beautiful.

Hopefully the Leafs resign him.

Note he was on the ice for the Bruins 1st goal, too.

Unreal, 28 years old and plays like he's a 38 year old washed up tough guy.

Not a big fan of dion was more dynamic it seemed when he came into the league. I'm really uncertain if Toronto will  resign him 

• Sections
    Shortcuts