Game 15: Leafs v. Bruins (11/09/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Game 15: Leafs v. Bruins (11/09/13)

Oh, I thought they took it very well in the playoffs. Looked downright good on them.  Like they were anxious about the damage all that missed golf time would do to their handicap.  And Phaneuf, well - he had a wedding to plan!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

haha....can't top that. McClement must be one of those "we can always do better" types. There's one in every group....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

i think we were very fortunate to get past the leafs.  I respect their game.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Personally I think the Buds should consider themselves lucky to even go 7 with the B's. Got them at the right time, just when Boston finished their ridiculous schedule of a game every second day...they were zombies that series and TO tried to take advantage of that but ended up blowing it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

[QUOTE]

Personally I think the Buds should consider themselves lucky to even go 7 with the B's. Got them at the right time, just when Boston finished their ridiculous schedule of a game every second day...they were zombies that series and TO tried to take advantage of that but ended up blowing it.

[/QUOTE]

Prior to 2011 we wouldnt be talking this way bc it wasnt that long ago we were similar to the leafs.  That ridiculous schedule was half a season.  We almost had a complete collapse.   we were 10 minutes away from choking a 3-1 lead away.  I thought the leafs played hard.  I give respect to them for battling hard.  I dont think the leafs blew anything.  I think they played their hearts out.  Cam said it best that karma haunted them in the final.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Prior to 2011 we wouldnt be talking this way bc it wasnt that long ago we were similar to the leafs.  That ridiculous schedule was half a season.  We almost had a complete collapse.   we were 10 minutes away from choking a 3-1 lead away.  I thought the leafs played hard.  I give respect to them for battling hard.  I dont think the leafs blew anything.  I think they played their hearts out.  Cam said it best that karma haunted them in the final.  

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I just think that a Bruins team not dragging their a**es from fatigue ends that series in 5. Look no further than the next two series, NYR and Pitt. Rested team=winning in 5 and 4 respectively and TO last season was certainly not better than either of those teams. Any team other than CHI as an adversary in the finals and the B's would have won their second cup in three years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I just think that a Bruins team not dragging their a**es from fatigue ends that series in 5. Look no further than the next two series, NYR and Pitt. Rested team=winning in 5 and 4 respectively and TO last season was certainly not better than either of those teams. Any team other than CHI as an adversary in the finals and the B's would have won their second cup in three years.

[/QUOTE]

The rangers would have been thumped by the leafs, they were injured, had richards in the stands and were a mess of a team.  Pitt is a different story.  

They play 7 games for a reason.  Sometimes it takes a loss like that(see bruins 2010) to learn how to win.  I see a lot of similarities.   i think the leafs are a solid club.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watched the Devils/Leafs game last night. Nice goal by Kessel and why did the Leafs pay David Clarkson $5 mil a year again?

[/QUOTE]

I watched it too. Devils really took it to the Leafs... only reason Toronto won was Kessel (and some gifts from the refs.)

I hope the Bruins were watching and are ready tonight!

GO BRUINS!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So who's due to break out tonight?

I say Campbell. He's been an offensive non-entity all season so far (must be why Ward puts him on the PP on occasion...??)...when ST is outscoring you then there is a serious problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

So who's due to break out tonight?

I say Campbell. He's been an offensive non-entity all season so far (must be why Ward puts him on the PP on occasion...??)...when ST is outscoring you then there is a serious problem.

[/QUOTE]

Loui.   I called him out in a public setting.  He will get 3 pts tonight.  Rask will be awesome.  Krug will score again.   Write that down. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wait let me get my pen LoL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I was going to say Loui too but he already has his own thread on these boards.....time for some attention on others.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

CBC already fawning all over Kessel....gonna be a long night up here in Canada.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ahhh...the sweet, sweet, semi-out of tune voice of Rene.....how I've missed thee!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Looking for Marchand to follow up another strong game.  They need him to play better and I think he will.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

McQuaid will take a shot to land one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

Mcquaid held his own on that one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

What the hell? Why is McQuaid going with McLaren? That is ST's job!!!

Good on McQuaid to hang in there, he did well considering he is completely outclassed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

B's starting well. Looks like a PP out there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Interesting McLaren has class LoL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Leafs supposedly delayed out of Jersey last night -- didn't get in til 3 AM. Good pressure so far. Hoping Reimer comes down to earth soon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Great start for Boston... Iginla taking the puck to the net was sweet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

That doesnt look good.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Well...s**t. No more McQuaid. How will take on the likes of McLaren now? Campbell?

Sections
Shortcuts